CHAPTER 44 – ENEMY OF MY ENEMY
104 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 44 - ENEMY OF MY ENEMY

It was a surprise for me that Raynevere suggested a double date. I thought she hated Esthesia, but she seemed to still have some sympathy for her. Raynevere is good-natured and will never leave a girl demoralizing herself in front of people.

And so, we decided to stop by the Korean barbecue restaurant my betrothed saw earlier. We had a table for four, and we ordered meat that is to be cooked with the grill at the center of the table.

There was an awkward silence between us four. Esthesia has finally calmed down and she’s only sniffing occasionally. Raynevere is just visually examining the pork, chicken, beef, and duck meat we just ordered. While me… I’m not used to being around people so I’m just there in the corner.

“Okay! Let’s eat!” Firius finally broke the silence as he grabbed the beef slices with his chopsticks. However, he seems to be pretending in knowing how to use one so he dropped the meat midway. “Ah crap!”

“Mister Elzane!” I heard a jolly voice beside me.

When I turned to my right, I saw my betrothed smiling at me, with a piece of cooked beef on her chopsticks. She pointed it at me and blushed.

“Say aaaaah~”

“A-Aaaaah.” I immediately complied with reddish cheeks. I closed my eyes and focused the sensation on my mouth.

When I felt the meat with my tongue, I immediately chewed it and embraced the rich spicy flavor of the barbecue. Raynevere seemed to know what she was doing with the condiments and sauces combination.

“Hehe~” Raynevere chuckled. “You’re so cute, Mister Elzane!”

I can only describe my brain as an atomic explosion as my whole head blushed. I’m always being pampered by her and I can’t get used to it. But it’s not fair that I’m the only one who’s being pampered! I have to return the gesture too!

So I grabbed a piece of cooked pork meat, mixed it with some spices, and then offered it to my betrothed!

“Y-Your turn! S-Say aaaaah!” I nervously said.

Raynevere happily clapped her hand and said “You’re so sweet, Mister Elzane!”

The Cyber Elf beauty took a bite and chewed elegantly, with her hands covering her mouth. After a second, she swallowed the food. I just hope she likes it!

“It’s good, but quite spicy, Mister Elzane. Kehoo!” Then Raynevere started to cough.

“R-Raynevere! Are you okay!?” I panicked.

“I-I’m okay, Kehoo! Kehoo! Kehoo!!”

Raynevere unleashed three consecutive coughs. Her face is now getting red, but it’s not because she’s deeply fallen in love with my sweetness. She’s red because the food I gave her is too spicy!

I hurried to get a cold glass of water and then gave it to her. “Raynevere, please drink this!”

“N-No, I’m fine!” Raynevere gently refused. “Kehoo! Kehoo! Kehoo!”

“I’m sorry for experimenting with the spices! So please drink up!” I cried.

Raynevere is almost suffocating when she finally decided to drink the ice-cold water. However, one glass is enough so I immediately refilled it with the pitcher. It took three glasses of water for Raynevere to stop coughing!

“That’s what you get for being too lovey-dovey.” Esthesia finally talked. She is cringing so hard toward us, but at least she’s no longer crying like a kid.

“Kehoo! Well, at least we’re not publicly displaying our affection right on the battlefield. Kehoo!" Raynevere made a comeback while coughing.

“Oh, that’s right! Esthesia promised that she will sit on my face if we won that fight!” Firius raised his chopsticks and then his cooked meat fell on the table once again.

“Fueh!? You still remember that!?” Esthesia was flustered.

“Well, we’re childhood friends so it’s not like it’s a big deal,” Firius said as he tried to pick up the meat on the table with chopsticks but failed to do so.

“It’s not counted! We lost the final round of the qualifiers, remember?” Esthesia reasoned out with a cry.

“O-Oh, I thought that condition applies to the second fight,” Firius said in a monotone like he was not disappointed or whatever. “Anyway, the enemy cheated! Why the heck is a Gladiatrix having a Transformation Command Card entering the Entry-Grade Battle Fiesta anyway?”

“It’s because of me,” Raynevere said in a straight tone. However, her swollen lips due to the spices make her a little less serious to deal with.

“I know her. She’s the one who hired lawyers to file a lawsuit against my father’s company. She’s working for Treenity Innovations too.” Esthesia glared at Raynevere.

“She’s my enemy too. I will not be able to recover my grandpa’s company if I lose her. That’s why I have to win.” Raynevere said.

“Will you avenge me, then?” Esthesia suddenly mumbled.

Raynevere and I did not answer.

“So the enemy of my enemy is my friend, huh?” Firius said.

Esthesia smiled as if she just had an idea. It was way obvious that her face went brighter as if she recovered from all the emotional frustration she suffered a few hours ago.

“Let’s make a deal, Miss Raynevere. But first, hear me out.”

1