CHAPTER 46 – HEIGHTS AND LASER PHOBIA
81 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 46 - HEIGHTS AND LASER PHOBIA

As soon as Esthesia activated the Aerial Board Equip Card, a futuristic floating skateboard materialized right in front of her Gladiator Firius. Firius immediately grabbed Esthesia by her waist and hopped on the Aerial Board!

Esthesia pointed at Raynevere and me who are already soaring up in the skies. “Firius, follow them!”

“Alright!” Firius said as his Aerial board boosted forward while raising altitude.

“M-Miss Raynevere, Esthesia, and Firius are following us! Is it alright?” I cried.

However, Raynevere didn’t pay attention to me. She seemed to be preoccupied with the thought of fighting the Cyberdemons and finding the mastermind of it all. Or maybe the wind splashing through our faces makes my voice muffled.

I looked down once again, and I saw the beautiful city lights. My fear of heights kicked in, so my hug on my betrothed became tighter.

“We might need Esthesia’s help to take down the Masked Kaiser.” Raynevere made her late reply with a smile.

I’m not gonna lie that we need an extra hand in dealing with the Cyberdemons if the Masked Kaiser is there. We may also fight that black witch Gladiatrix once again, and the outcome of our fighting them might happen just like last time.

Just thinking about it makes a cold run through my spine. I don’t want to be sniped by laser again.

“Hang on tight! I can see the hospital!” Raynevere said.

I looked where she was looking and saw a huge U-shaped building burning in fire. I can also see Cyberdemons flying around the flaming establishment. Two, four, six, eight, ten. Ten Cyberdemons are flying around, and I can hear distant gunshots from below.

It took a few seconds before I saw the police car sirens glowing red and blue lights.

“Graaaaah!” One Cyberdemon roared as it raised its razor-sharp claws, ready to attack a poor police officer.

“Stay away! Stay away!” The police cried as he fired his pistols five times at the Cyberdemon’s head. But despite the headshots, the Cyberdemon only suffered a few scratches.

“We’re gonna dive!” Raynevere shouted.

“E-Eh!?”

Before I know it, we were descending from the atmosphere like a falling meteorite! The dive was so fast that it rendered Raynevere’s right foot flaming because of the air friction!

“Haaah!”

There was a loud explosion and dust smoke covered a small area. The police officer was quite baffled by what just happened, but he already knew that his life is saved.

When the smoke cleared out, I saw myself still clinging to Raynevere’s back like a scared puppy. Raynevere is still composed as she is standing on the fallen Cyberdemon.

My vision is getting a bit dizzy, so I immediately released my grasp on my fiance and crawled on all fours. Then I puked due to the sudden motion sickness. I think my fiance forgot that I have fear of heights!

“Blargh!” I cried. There’s no puke, it’s just air coming from my stomach.

“T-Thank you!” The police officer cried.

“Get the civilians out of here! I’ll deal with the Cyberdemons!” Raynevere ordered the policeman.

“R-Right!” The police officer ran away.

Raynevere bent over and pressed closer to my face. Her gentle hand caressed my cheek.

“You go hide too. I don’t want you to die… like last time. I don’t know what to do if I lose you too.” Raynevere said with a caring smile.

“N-No. I’ll support you.” I wiped my lips and stood up.

I touched my Kaiser Watch and opened the Deck Selection Menu. I have two decks, one is specified on Battle Fiesta Rules. The other one is the one I built to counter Cyberdemons and the Masked Kaiser. I’ve spent more time and money to enhance this deck than my preparations for Battle Fiesta because of the trauma I had.

I switched decks and immediately swiped out five cards.

“Graaah!” Several Cyberdemons started flying toward us!

“M-Mister Elzane!” Raynevere immediately went in front of me, ready to protect me from any harm!

Eight Cyberdemons are going for our heads.

We have multiple enemies, and Raynevere’s Striker Wing is still active. This is the condition that I’m looking for!

I revealed my Command Card and shouted out loud!

“Activate Skill Card: Striker Wing Blaster!”

Raynevere’s red Striker Wing immediately dispersed into eight sword-shaped drones. Each drone unleashed blue lasers that blasted all eight Cyberdemon’s chests!

1