CHAPTER 65 – NIGHT-OUT PICNIC
61 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 65 - NIGHT-OUT PICNIC

The chill that ran through my spine was still there. I’m sweating cold, and my realization of time became fuzzy. I felt a sudden guilt in my heart.

I am an inch close before converting Raynevere into a Cyberdemon. That was too close. If I activated the Transformation Card during that night… Raynevere must have been a monster razing buildings and killing innocent people.

Meanwhile, Nigel is just minding his business in the snacks aisle of the grocery store. He’s busy if he should pick a wasabi flavor or barbecue flavor potato chips.

“How much do you know about the Cyberdemons, big bro?” I asked Nigel.

“Just the same as most Kaisers. I only knew about the Cyberdemon Transformation Card because I saw it right in front of my eyes.” Nigel answered with a serious tone. “My best friend was one of the victims.”

“I thought Cyberdemons are created when the host is too unstable to handle the mystical nanomachines?”

“That is right. And that Transformation Card is a Trojan virus that makes the mystical nanomachines inside the Gladiatrix unstable. Once you activated it, there is no going back.”

“I… I’m glad that you saved Raynevere back then. I was an idiot to almost activate that thing.” I said.

“No problem. But something is bothering me though. How does that Masked Kaiser able to control the Cyberdemons?” Nigel said.

“I’m just as puzzled as you are. And she has the same face as Raynevere’s.” I said.

“I guess there’s a lot in this rabbit hole than we can imagine. I’m kind of curious myself.” Nigel said.

After getting enough snacks that could probably last the whole night, Nigel and I went back to the car and drove back to Treenity Village. There, we talked about some tactics on Gladiatrix Battles and the activation of Command Cards.

“There’s a trick to activate the Counter Cards without letting the opponent knows what was waiting for them. You can just raise the Counter Card up and not reveal it until the very last split second. If you time it right, you won’t need the voice activation of the Gladiatrix System.”

“Oh. Noted, Master Nigel.”

“Just big bro,” Nigel said.

I kind of enjoy being trained by Nigel and Siferas. Nigel is way more knowledgeable in mystical nanomachines, Command Cards, and Gladiatrix System in general. While Siferas is kind of my romantic tutor to make a woman’s heart easily understandable to an ignorant person like me.

Even though they are constantly beating our asses, we could not discount the help they are giving us.

<>

We had our little dinner-picnic at the hill of the Treenity Village. It was quite a peaceful night as we enjoyed the frozen pizza, some chips, and some soft drinks while bathing in the sweet breeze of the air. It was quite peculiar that our masters are encouraging us to eat junk food for this training, but I can’t complain.

Normally, Master Siferas would dismiss us at about 8:30 in the evening. However, it’s now 9 because we took our time buying in the grocery store. Wait, it’s already nine!?

“Crap! I’m late for the curfew!” I shrieked.

“You have a curfew? What are you, a kid?” Siferas mocked.

“Well sorry for being not as old as you,” I mumbled.

“What was that!?” Siferas mumbled at me.

“N-Nothing, Master.” I submitted.

“Mister Elzane, why not give a call to your parents? They must be worried that you’re coming home late.” Raynevere said.

“That’s what I’m about to do.” I immediately picked up my phone from my pocket and dialed my mother’s number.

While the phone is ringing, Raynevere whispered to me. “Tell your mom I said hi!”

After three rings, my mother picked up.

“Elzane Chaldeas! Why are you not home yet!? Are you a delinquent student now!? Did you join a gang to shank some bystanders for no apparent reason?” My mother yelled from the other side.

“What the heck are you even talking about, mom? I just called to say that I will be going home much later tonight.” I said.

“I knew it! You’re a gangster now! You threw away your great future just to be with some out-of-school youth that is a pest to our society! We lost all our faith in you, son!” My mother replied.

Meanwhile, Raynevere is gently pinching my wrist. When I looked at her, she asked for my phone. So I immediately gave it to her.

“Hello, Mrs. Chaldeas! Hi! It’s me!” Raynevere jollily said.

“Oh, my dear sweet Rayne! Please scold Elzane because he’s becoming a delinquent!” My mother said.

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Chaldeas! I’m always with your son, and he will never be a delinquent! Not on my watch!” Raynevere energetically pumped her fist.

“I am so glad that Elzane has you, Rayne!” My mom cried on the other side.

“Mrs. Chaldeas, Mister Elzane will be out later tonight. Is it okay?” Raynevere asked.

“Of course, honey! You can have Elzane all night long! Have fun!” My mom said before she hung up.

I think my parents misunderstood us, but at least I won’t be eating sermons the next time I go home.

1