CHAPTER 141 – SHIELDS AS BOOMERANGS, SWORDS AS ARROWS
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 141 - SHIELDS AS BOOMERANGS, SWORDS AS ARROWS

The Cyber Paladin was getting irritated in the scheme of things. All he can do is defend himself as he cannot reach the Cyber Elf flying above. He knows that his Kaiser is in a pinch too, as Irida is hesitating to activate her Command Cards.

“Irida, it will be fine!” Arth shouted out to his Kaiser. “Just use whatever you got, and don’t worry about the opponent’s next move! We’ll cross the bridge when we get there!”

As I thought, Irida was waiting for my Combo Sword to activate. Her hand must have been bricked by so many Skill Counter Cards that I have effectively thwarted their plans. I have removed most of my Skill Cards in this new deck of mine, and the Combo Sword is not even available in this deck. My plan (And Ryan Radars’) is starting to work.

Irida nodded to her Cyber Paladin, and now with a cemented resolve, she swiped one card from her arsenal of five and revealed it up in the air!

“Activate Equip Card: Rocket Shield!”

Arth’s tower shield disintegrated, and another giant shield manifested. This time, the shield looked high-tech with cables and electronic circuits. There are even four mini-jet engines attached to each side of the shield!

The Cyber Paladin jumped back to evade Rayne’s next set of arrows, then he threw his shield like a frisbee! Using the jet engines, the precise spinning and direction of the shield became a lot more controllable!

“Rayne!” I called out loud.

The Cyber Elf gracefully swirled in the skies to avoid the shield boomerang. When the Rocket Shield went back to its owner, Arth launched it again, this time in a graceful semi-circle direction! Due to the speed and unpredictability of the Rocket Shield, Rayne is having a hard time evading the large projectile! However, Rayne managed to evade it once again by making a mid-air backflip!

The Rocket Shield went back to its owner, the shock absorber on its handle unleashing excess heat. The Cyber Paladin glared at the floating Cyber Elf and announced these words: “The next one will hit!”

Rayne gritted. She briefly looked at me, to which I nodded in return.

“Here it goes!” Arth unleashed his Rocket Shield in full force. Unlike before, which had an unpredictable curve, the Rocket Shield’s flight became erratic. It is shifting directions as if it is some kind of an insect!

Rayne tried to shoot it with her arrows, but all of it missed. It’s like the boomerang shield is evading on its own!

My Gladiatrix will be hit at this rate, so I know I have to activate my second Command Card!

“Activate Equip Card: Striker Wing Sword!”

Rayne’s Striker Wing dispersed into eight different sword-like weapons. She reached out for the two, dual-wielding the blades while she hovered up in the skies. She decided to take the Rocket Shield head-on as she nose-dived towards it!

“Hyaaah!”

With precise thrusts, Rayne stabbed the mini jet engines on the edges of the shield! As soon as the weapons took damage, it exploded, making dirty fireworks in the skies. It took a few seconds until the smoke faded, and it revealed Rayne unscathed by the explosion.

Chunks of metal fell on the floor of the arena. As soon as it hit the ground and tumbled three times, the remains of the Rocket Shield disintegrated into floating codes and white particles.

Realizing that he no longer had a weapon, Arth materialized his trusted tower shield once more. There was frustration painted on his face as he gritted his teeth and glared at Rayne. Irida is also giving the same facial expression.

They are now at a huge disadvantage, and I intend to push further!

“Rayne, use your swords as arrows!” I cried out loud.

The Cyber Elf immediately knew where I was going. She materialized her bow once more and then loaded it with the Striker Wing Sword. She aimed at the Cyber Paladin and then unleashed the makeshift arrow!

“Hah!”

The Striker Wing Sword is no ordinary weapon. It is a supersonic weapon derived from the Striker Wing, which makes the wielder have the maximum attack speed. That maximum attack speed is responsible for taking down the Rocket Shield earlier when combined with Rayne’s precision.

The striker's arrow went beyond the speed of sound as it dived towards the target! Arth will not have the time to evade given his bulky armor. All he can do at this rate is block it with his tower shield!

As soon as impact was made, there was an explosion and a shockwave! The tower shield was blasted into pieces, leaving Arth defenseless.

“I-Impossible!” Irida cried. “Arth’s shield… has been broken!?”

I clenched my fists and celebrated. “Good work, Rayne! Now finish it!”

Rayne once more loaded her white bow with the Striker Wing Sword. The Cyber Paladin and his Kaiser can’t do anything but watch this outrageous turn of events. Once the opponent Gladiator is down, this Battle Fiesta Championship is mine.

Rayne unleashed the makeshift arrow towards the helpless Gladiator. With no shield on his hand, and not enough speed to evade it, he will go down in a direct hit.

Irida Nanahara might have bricked because of my tactic, but she has one more card to play!

“Activate Transformation Card: Cyber Seraphim!”

Before the arrow could touch the opponent, he was engulfed by a pillar of light coming from above! The light particles materialized his holy armor, including his divine helmet and six angelic wings. He also manifested a shield that blocked Rayne’s arrow, rendering the attack useless.

I gritted yet smiled at the same time. The thrill of battling a powerful opponent has contaminated my blood. This is the climax of a Battle Fiesta’s Championship match!

0