CHAPTER 144 – THE KAISER CHAMPION
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 144 - THE KAISER CHAMPION

[Battle Finished]

Everyone was silent when the system beeped. The audience had their eyes wide open and their jaws hanging. Even the emcee was quite surprised with the turn of events.

It took a whole five seconds before the homosexual emcee raised his head and shouted out loud for an encore.

“The winner… And the Entry-Grade Battle Fiesta Champion… Is Kaiser Irida Nanahara and Arth Victus!”

The crowd cried in joy after that. They sang praises to the ultimate tandem of this Battle Fiesta. The loud drums and trumpets echoed around the coliseum. The colorful rainbow confetti showered upon the arena, and loud fireworks started to illuminate the night.

“U-Uh.” Rayne finally managed to raise her body and then held her forehead and shook. After that, she looked at me, who is still currently sitting on my butt. “Zane!”

My lover immediately rushed towards my position. I smiled at her and then checked my cheek. There’s no bruise, but it somehow stings. It feels nothing compared to Master Siferas’ torture during our training days though. I would greatly thank Arth for going easy on me.

“Zane!” Rayne cried as she immediately hugged me tight. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry, I passed out!”

“Ahaha. It’s okay, Rayne.” I caressed her hair gently.

To be honest, I think this whole loss of ours is my fault. If I called out Rayne’s name, she might have woken up and continued the battle. However, I knew inside myself that being a Kaiser and Gladiatrix Champion was not for us.

Arth Victus genuflected out of exhaustion as he spent all his strength during that last battle. I think he won’t be able to stand at this rate.

“Thank you… Elzane Chaldeas.”

“What for?” I asked.

“For giving us our freedom. Irida does not want to go back to the Treenity Innovations anymore. Everything there is bad memories from her childhood, back when she was an experimental subject.”

“Don’t mind it. You won with your strength and Irida’s intelligence. It may be an unfair fight because of that mysterious power of the Numbered Kaisers, but you two deserve your win.” I said.

“Don’t worry. We will still cooperate in hunting down the Masked Kaiser.” Arth said.

“You will not have to look too far.”

That last voice gave chills down my spine. When we looked at our backs, we saw a hooded person with a black glass helmet. She removed it and revealed her half-beautiful, half-burnt face. It was the masked Kaiser herself, Raynevere Treenity.

“Y-You!” Arth roared out loud. He struggled to stand up, but his strength was depleted after the last battle.

“R-Raynevere Treenity!” Rayne materialized her white bow, but before she could aim it toward her original copy, the homicidal maniac raised her hand.

“Before you dispose of me, you may want to save somebody first.” The half-burnt witch said.

Chills went down our spine and our bodies froze. We had felt that something grim was about to happen when Raynevere Treenity said those words.

“Arth, help me!” It was Irida’s voice.

We were frozen in fear when we looked at Irida, who was held up by a mysterious knight-like figure covered in black. The dark knight has long gray flowing hair, gazelle-like black horns with red circuits, and his complexion is darker than black. His crimson eyes glowed, giving a despair that we could not comprehend.

My Gladiatrix System buzzed, making a creepy synthetic noise and buggy HUDs. Rayne’s white bow suddenly shattered because of the Gladiatrix System bugging out. There are even letters and symbols popping out of my Kaiser Watch.

After a second, the Gladiatrix System went normal once again.

Cyber Dark Lord. It is what Gladiatrix identifies as the enemy.

“Irida!” Arth cried out loud. With all his remaining strength, he stood up and then sprinted to rescue his princess. However…

The Cyber Dark Lord raised his obsidian katana, and red cybernetic veins flowed through it. It looks the same as what Raynevere Treenity’s obsidian crimson spears used to steal the Numbered Kaiser’s codes. I have a bad feeling about it.

I swiped down my Kaiser watch, and then five hologram cards materialized. Just when I’m about to activate one of the Command Cards, Raynevere Treenity spreads out his hand to me.

“Oh no you don’t!”

[Warning: System Failure]

[Self Destruct Initiated]

In an instant, my Kaiser Watch exploded, unleashing flames on my wrist and onto my shoulders. It happened all of a sudden that I only realized everything when I fell on the floor, motionless.

“Zane!” Rayne cried out loud. “Why you!”

She was about to charge toward her original self, but then mysterious crimson electricity surrounded her and made her fall to the ground unconscious. The shutting down of my Gladiatrix System must have short-circuited the nanomachines inside her body, immediately turning her off like an appliance.

“R-Rayne.” I tried to reach out to her.

I’m okay. I’m excellent. I can still process everything around me, but I cannot move. I can only see what is bound to happen right in front of my eyes.

I can see Arth begging for mercy as he charges forward.

I can see Irida bawling her eyes out as she trembles in fear.

And I can see the Cyber Dark Lord giving a cold glare at them as he plunges his obsidian katana at the back of the poor Kaiser Champion.

0