CHAPTER 147 – DEUS EX MACHINA
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 147 - DEUS EX MACHINA

On the battlefield, everything was chaotic. The unmasked Kaiser Raynevere Treenity is holed on her special barrier while the police and SWAT start firing at her position. As expected, all those bullets were deflected as it will take much more than that to take down whatever the hell the homicidal maniac has set up.

The Gladiators also tried to attack Raynevere Treenity’s shield, but they were intercepted by the Cyber Dark Lord. The Cyber Dark Lord has extreme speed, managing to teleport from one place to another with just a single step. Even Master Siferas is starting to reach her limits in this fight.

“Uh!” Master Siferas cried as she was pushed back as soon as the Cyber Dark Lord made a horizontal slash at her. It's a good thing she managed to block that attack with her twin swords.

“Is it just me, or his attacks are getting heavier and faster as time goes by?” Nigel asked.

“It’s not just you. I don’t know why he was able to evolve every second of this fight. At this rate, I will lose.” Master Siferas said.

“It’s time to do this then,” Nigel said as he swiped one of the hologram cards at his disposal and raised it in the air! “Activate Transformation Card: Cyber War Goddess!”

A pillar of light blasted down on Master Siferas’ body. Her semi-formal black dress immediately changed to crystal blue. Her eyes also shifted to sapphire-like gems. An ice crown manifested at the top of her long flowing silver hair. Wings made of crystal swords manifested on her back. Her aura is acquainted with luminous snowflakes that look like it was made of glass.

The Cyber War Goddess transformation was Master Siferas’ and Nigel’s trump card. They used it to become the Gladiatrix Champion in the Master Grade category. That just means that the two champions will no longer hold anything back in this fight.

At the sight of this, the half-burnt Raynevere Treenity clicked her tongue. She seems to be encoding her Gladiator System with her hologram keyboard, but seeing this transformation of a truly formidable foe will have to distract her.

“Keep him at bay while I reformat the Gladiator System and insert the Codes!” Raynevere Treenity shouted.

The Cyber Dark Lord did not react, but it seemed to understand what that psycho was talking about. It raised its obsidian katana, ready to clash with the transformed Siferas.

“Activate Skill Card: Sword Storm!” Nigel raised his next Command Card.

The Cyber War Goddess raised her hand in the air, and then a huge magical circle materialized in the skies. This magical circle glowed a light blue, and then thousands of crystal swords manifested on it that soon rained toward the enemy!

With its superb reflexes, the Cyber Dark Lord tried to parry all the swords that went to his position. Crystal swords shattered, making the shards fly away around the arena. It managed to block a thousand swords which is quite an impossibility on itself!

However, that Skill Card was just a distraction! While the Cyber Dark Lord was busy blocking the typhoon of swords, Master Siferas took this opportunity to charge headstrong! She used her two crystal swords from her wings and surged forward!

“Hraaaaaah!”

The Gladiatrix Champion managed to deliver an X-slash straight to the Cyber Dark Lord’s body! Dark reddish blood flowed from the enemy’s shoulders to its stomach!

But even with that fatal damage, the Cyber Dark Lord did not flinch. It certainly took damage, but it did not react to pain at all.

“What? Is he a zombie?” Master Siferas said.

“We will do one more!” Nigel said out loud as he swiped one more Command Card from his arsenal and then revealed it up in the skies! “Activate Skill Card: Repeat Damage!”

Another X-slash was formed on the Cyber Dark Lord’s body, but this time, it was on the backside. Blood once again gushed out of the long wound, and the Champion Duo was sure that they hit the spine of the enemy.

Repeat Damage Skill Card is a Super Rare Command Card that repeats the damage inflicted to the enemy without the Gladiatrix having the trouble to do the attack again. It violates the law of cause-and-effect and changes it to an effect-and-effect relationship, removing entirely the cause.

At that time, the Cyber Dark Lord fell on the ground. Blood splattered on the battlefield arena’s soil.

The psycho Raynevere gritted her teeth. She knew that she had no chance of defeating the Champion Duo if she kept on having the Cyber Dark Lord do all the defending. She pressed the red key on her hologram keyboard, and then a cybernetic circle materialized on the floor where she was standing.

“It’s quite premature, but it doesn’t matter.” Raynevere Treenity said. “I will have to activate one of the Codes to make a mess with the Gladiatrix Champion.”

“I will have to make a mess with you first!” Master Siferas roared as she boosted, aiming for a direct attack!

“Activate Deus Ex Machina! First Code: Vacuum Tube, Entered!” Raynevere Treenity shouted.

“Hraaaah!” Siferas went full throttle as she raised her crystal swords, ready to shatter Raynevere Treenity’s shields, but then her attack did not hit!

Instead, her weapons only managed to graze a hologram-looking ribcage barely. She soon realized that this hologram-looking ribcage came from the Cyber Dark Lord, who seemed to have risen from the dead.

“What the!?” Master Siferas shrieked.

“Here comes the next one!” Raynevere Treenity laughed maniacally. “Second Code: Transistor, Entered!”

Two giant mechanical arms from the astral ribcage spawned and punched the Cyber War Goddess in a solid hit!

“Gyaah!” Master Siferas cried as he crashed at the wall edge of the arena!

“Auntie!” Nigel cried out loud.

0