EPILOGUE
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

EPILOGUE

Two months later…

It’s too silent.

The President’s office is wide, complete with furniture, supplies, and a relaxing lounge. But it’s too silent. This place is too big for me which does nothing to cure my loneliness. Fortunately, somebody knocked on my door to keep me company.

“President Chaldeas.” A blonde bowl-cut young adult woman presented herself. She is hugging a clipboard full of documents on her ample chest. “Auntie- I mean, Master Siferas has arrived.”

“Oh,” I muttered. “Guide her in.”

The bowl-cut girl is Esthesia, still the same secretary ever since Rayne took this office. As my deceased lover said a long time ago, Esthesia is putting an extra mile on her duties. The same is true about her pushing us presidents to our limits though, which kind of balances her personality out.

The door opened, and I saw the red-haired Cyber Knight Firius standing, on his guard duty. He ushered the entrance of the Master Grade Gladiatrix Champion and to my surprise, the purple cat was with her.

“Himeno. I thought you went for a vacation leave.” I said. “How’s Hawaii?”

“Unfortunately, it was cut by the old hag here. She said she needed my help.” Himeno pouted.

“Who are you calling an old hag, huh?” Master Siferas’ eyebrows irk in irritation.

“Now, now, don’t quarrel inside my office. You can settle your differences in the upcoming Perfect Grade Battle Fiesta.” I forced a smile.

Because of Master Siferas and Himeno’s achievements, they were immediately promoted by the KG Guild to the highest rank of all Perfect Grades. Perfect Grade Battle Fiestas only happens once every four years, on February 29. Unlike most Battle Fiestas though, Perfect Grade Gladiatrices and Kaisers opt to use instantaneous tactics to defeat their opponent before they could even activate a Command Card, making it not fun to watch.

“We have no time for Battle Fiestas right now, Zane… I mean, Mr. President.” Master Siferas said.

I curled my eyebrows and shifted to a more serious gaze. “Is it about that ‘thing’ you went busy for after the first half of the Entry-Grade Battle Fiesta?”

“That’s right.” The silver-haired cute old hag said. “I am sorry that I did not assist you in defeating Irida. But it is more important than that Battle Fiesta. I think I even found a clue to return one precious someone of yours.”

I interlocked my fingers and gripped them tight. “If it’s something about summoning an Elder God, then I will pass. I’m pretty sure Rayne would curse me if I did that.”

Master Siferas shook his head. “No, it’s not that. Have you ever heard of the antithesis of the Elder God of Machines?”

“Necross, the Elder God of Undead,” I muttered. “I thought I just told you about not involving another Elder God.”

“It wasn’t. I’m just testing if you know your assignments.” Master Siferas smirked.

“Let’s get to the point, old hag,” Himeno said, and then her crimson eyes glared at me. “I fought a lot of rogue Cyberdemons running amok in an unknown continent and found this.”

Himeno showed me her hologram tablet that contains hieroglyphs and symbols of inhuman nature. There is also the drawing of two skeletons- one mechanical, and another looked like a zombie. At the topmost part of the petroglyph is something that looks like a dragon with widespread wings. And at the bottom is an eldritch creature with hundreds of wiggling tentacles and eyes.

At the center is a silhouette of a man with pointy ears, similar to an elf.

“These are the Five Paths of Resurrection. You already know the rivalry between Mechanoss and Necross. The topmost drawing is all about the dragonoid saint Exceria. And the bottom drawing pertains to the Outsider.”

“What about this elf-like thing at the center?” I asked.

“That is what we’re trying to research on. Up to this day, we only know the word itself: Elform.” Himeno said.

Master Siferas took over the stage to talk. “It is said to be the purest form of Resurrection. If we learn more about it, then we…”

I immediately stood up and looked at the glass wall behind me. Hope washed down my face as I watched the white clouds slide through the blue skies.

“Expand Treenity Innovations. Spread it like the wings of the phoenix, until we get the information about the Resurrection. Make sure that all other multiverses know about the company’s existence. We will shift our priorities from profit to policy.”

“That is a pretty bold move right there, Mr. President,” Esthesia said.

“We are currently the number one corporation in the whole world. We can do a lot of outsourcing even in other dimensions because of the newest mystical nanomachine technology.” I said.

“Well then. If it is the president’s decision, I will acknowledge it.” Esthesia smiled.

“I’m the one who had this idea, of course, I will support it like a big sister to you all.” Master Siferas smirked and held her hips.

“You mean the grandmother of all, auntie.” Himeno scoffed, then shifted to a serious mood when she looked at me. “As the Vice President of Treenity Innovations, I will support President Chaldeas.”

I gave them a satisfied beam, then looked at the destroyed Kaiser Watch. This gadget may have been useless now, but it holds a true sentimental value to me. It is because it was the first gift I ever received from the woman I will and have loved for all eternity. I clenched it and put it on my chest.

“Just wait, Rayne. I will do everything to bring you back. And I will make sure that I can take you to the altar.”

[Gladiatrix System End]

 

Thank you for embarking on the journey through Gladiatrix System with me. While it might not be my personal favorite among the stories I've penned, your readership means the world to me. Sometimes, even in our creative pursuits, we stumble on a path that doesn't quite align with our passions. But hey, isn't that what life's all about? Taking chances, embracing the unexpected, and learning from every experience.

So, as we close this chapter, I'd like to express my gratitude for your support and understanding. I promise the next adventure will be filled with the passion and heart you've come to expect from my writing. Until then, keep your imagination alive and your reading list ever-growing. Cheers to more exciting tales ahead!

0