Chapter Two
112 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I should've waited until morning. Now I am here sleepily waiting for the bus to arrive in the middle of the night, it also makes me wonder what happened to Wran. Did he wake up realizing his wallet missing? Did someone found him and brought him somewhere safe? It seems possible yet impossible at the same time. Maybe he'll wake up without his wallet and his organs. Though I hope he won't realize that I'm not the one who stole his wallet and thinks it was someone that robbed him since I wasn't there plus I think I made a good impression as a kind nun. 

My body involuntarily shivers when a cold breeze passes by. I should've stolen Wran's suit-jacket too if I only think the possibilities of waiting the bus in a cold night. Now I can relate to all the people who complains in the church about waiting in the bus stop, and there's a low chance of a bus passing by in the night because this town isn't very well introduced to tourists. Eh, what to introduce though? I think the only nice place here is Jiroah, well if you only ignore the hanging J then it's passable. 

The feeling of being in awe of everything seems to be wearing off too. The darkness did surely took out the beauty of the town and making it look like an abandoned place with a well tended cemetery. My heart soars in happiness when a light emerges in the distance followed by the sound of a beep. I immediately put my hand up to wave it over while I occupy my other hand with the bag. The bus soon stops and its door lights up before opening and not before hurting my eyes. I take a careful step inside rubbing my left eye gently then the old man looks at me. 

"Klomenton?" The bus driver asks as he checks me out that made my hairs stand in disgusts. Though I probably shouldn't assume much because a lot of people were just confused with my nun attire. It's not my fault why I have no normal clothes since I have nowhere to go and the church is very strict about modesty and thus provides us with a uniform that looks like a blanket covering our whole body, even being seen with a stray strand of hair will get you punished for being indecent.

"K-klomenton... yes." I confirmed, nodding my head. The bus driver raises his brows before holding up his hand indicating my fare. 

I happily put some money on his hands then I realized that there's no other passengers before telling myself that I was wrong when I saw a boy sitting on the last row wearing something that covers his ears while bobbing his head up and down. 

It's okay to sit with him right? 

Being a first time passenger on a bus I sat beside him and when I did I seem to startle him as he jumps from his seat. I look at him questioningly and he looks at me with his gray eyes widened open. 

"Holy shit! For a second I thought there was a dead nun that just sat beside me. Fuck!" He curses then sits back down. In the front we can hear the driver chuckling but it only angered the boy. Or was he just embarrassed because he got scared? "What the fuck are you even doing here? There's a lot of vacant seats around yet here you are! Disturbing me from my jam and scaring me with your shitty costume!" He looks around the bus. "Where's the camera hm? You gonna upload it somewhere and have a good laugh? Fuck." He yells showering me with his saliva. 

I scrunch up my face in disgusts wiping it all away with my sleeve. "Gods! Stop!" 

"I will stop if you get the fuck away from me!" He yells again. 

"What's your problem? I only sat beside you because you're the only person here!" I yelled back. But I'm not really angry like him, if I raise my voice maybe then he'll listen and try to shut up but my brain tells me otherwise. Yelling at each other will only get you both nowhere. "You kids have really no respect left for our God when you disrespect nuns and priests!"

"That's the problem! You're not a nun so stop playing games!"

"I am a nun! Isn't my uniform enough? Do you want to see my rosaries? My bible collections?" I was about to open my bags when he shouts again that made me stop. 

"You're too young to be a nun! And if you think you can make me believe by showing some shits that everyone can have then you're wrong!"

At this point I surrendered. You cannot force someone to believe you if they're so adamant about it. 

"Besides I've never seen a nun looks so scrappy. You looked like you just finish scamming people." I wish he would just shut up but no. He continues. "And you're suspicious too. What's a nun doing in the middle of the night? Killing people to sacrifice it to their Gods? Organizing dark rituals?" It's a shame I didn't bring my knife so that I can cut his tongue off. "Bet you're going to Klomenton."

I looked at him as soon as he mention the name of the place I was going. He speaks to it like it burns his tongue. 

"What's wrong going to Klomenton as a nun?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me. 

He shrugs not very keen on answering me. "Dunno. You'll figure it out soon as you step into that place." Then he looks at the dark night through the large window. 

We stayed silent through the whole journey for I don't know how long until we emerge into a road that's been surrounded by trees. Lots of trees. It's so dark outside that makes the place looks more ominous, the only thing missing are ghosts, werewolves, and other dark mystical creatures. My shoulder suddenly feels heavier when the boy's head rests on it. I was about to shake him off but stops when I saw how tired he is and it does help me feel warm even though it's only little. At least I won't be shaking from the cold. 

When the silence has become overbearing I decided to ask the bus driver some questions to pass time. 

"How many minutes left until we get there?" The driver laughs at my question. 

"Haha I see. Your first time going to Klomenton?" He puts up his hand gesturing not to answer question but made me feel worried deep inside. Wild imaginations ran through my mind about his reckless driving. Or is that how suppose they drive this bus? "Don't bother answering that, your face says it all. Also I had many passengers same as you, with their curious minds not bothering to know what kind of danger awaits in that place..." He pause for a moment taking a glance at me in the mirror infront. "What's the reason about you going there?"

I purse my lips thinking about how should I respond, while the back of my mind are processing his words and what kind of danger he meant. 

"I'm looking for work actually."

"Got tired devoting your entire attention, lass?" He chuckles darkly. "There's a lot work available in that place aight. Normal ones, odd ones, and something more unimaginable. But since we're talking about that place everything's possible, that's why it's so packed with strange people with their strange mind."

"How do you know all about that stuff?"

"Hm, as I said I have a lot of passengers that come and go 'round that place. You hear a lot of things that you don't want to know, but you hear it anyway." He looks at me once more before looking back at the road. "I agree with the kid that you look young to be a nun. What's your name, girl?"

Gods. Does age really matters? 

"I'm Elene." I smile a little. "But I guess we do not have a huge age gap. You look fairly young yourself."

He barks out a loud laugh that made my seatmate stirs a little but not enough to wake him up. "I ain't that young. I appreciate flattery tho. Makes me feel good 'bout myself. You can call me Dan if you're also curious 'bout my name." I look outside the window noticing that the sky is a little lighter now. "Huh, I didn't answered your first question right?" I gave him a slight nod but I guess he won't see that. "It usually takes 3 hours, lucky for you I'm not that patient so I'm driving a little faster than necessary. Don't report me 'kay? Or I'll know who to hunt."

Something about his last words scares me. He sounded so serious when he said that. So I just stayed silent letting the soft snore coming from the boy dominates the atmosphere. A couple minutes later tired from hearing the snores slowly affecting my consciousness, my eye lids starts to feel heavier and in a second I fell asleep. 

I didn't know how long I was sleep before I was shoved down to the bus floor with the boy glaring at me, his face showing his flushed cheeks. Maybe from anger or embarrassment, perhaps both? 

"Y-you fucking pervert!" He shouts, making Dan bolts from his seat accidentally turning the bus into the other direction. 

I rubbed my eyes not clearly understanding what's happening here. I stifle a yawn before answering him. "What are you talking about?"

He gasps while pointing at me. "W-why are you denying it?! Y-you purposely lay your head on lap!" 

"... What?" I squint my eyes at him and points at myself. "Me? You were the one who slept at my shoulder then you're accusing me?!" He squints his eyes back at me. "You ungrateful child!"

"Don't call me a fucking child, you lying perverted piece of rotten flesh! A-and I would never do that! Thinking of myself sleeping on your shoulder already makes me vomit!"

I roll my eyes at him, slowly stretching up to stand and sits beside him again. "Can... can you shut up for a minute? You yell like a girl, insult like a girl, and act like a girl. Gods." I look behind him, seeing the sky brighter now and the place is still surrounded by trees but there's signs of life now. Birds flying in the distance - they're mostly crows but that's still a life, and we passes by an old sign with a blurry lettering but you still can make out the words if you focus into it. 

KLOMENTON

"H-how dare you call me a girl when you openly check me out!" The boy yells again. 

I look at him shocked by his arrogant attitude. I can't even stop my mouth from hanging open. "What? Do you see yourself?" I look at him, mocking his every feature. "It seems that you haven't seen your face once but I can understand that you're scared to accept the truth, my dear. Though it is best that you accept than deny it any further, you're only expecting more than what you have now and you'll end up hurting yourself."

The boy was about to answer but the bus stops. The driver looks at us with a wide grin pasted on his lips. 

"Now, now, kids. It makes me sad to see you off here because all your bantering keeps me entertained somehow but let the man rest too. Get off." He nods at the door. 

The boy looks at me once more before racing out, leaving me carrying my heavy bag. Once I'm out, Dan waves at me before speeding away. I yelp out a shock when the boy pushes me into the ground, gave me a middle finger then walks away, leaving me in awe when I see the giant buildings infront of me, it's still early but there are already people scattered around. Strangely some of them wears skimpy outfits while clinging into their partners. 

A honeyed-voice calls out to me from behind. 

"Are you okay, little fly?"

2