Chapter 9
183 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your Majesty, Shall I get some food for princess Angeline?"

"Yes Rona, Bring some food which is suitable for the princess"

Then the young woman named Rona went to the palace kitchen to prepare food for the princess and the other servant silently stood in the corner of the room.

The queen lifted placed her daughter on a chair made specifically for the her to eat without any problem. Then the queen sat next to her which prompted angeline to speak with her. Angeline was able to speak with her parents because they understood what she is speaking even if its just a compilation of one syllable.

"Ma- Ma"[ Why are you late?] 

Seeing her daughter's eyebrows and nose scrunched in anger made the queen guilty. 

"I am sorry dear, Mom had some problems to attend to so I couldn't be with you", She replied with an apologetic look.

Hilda had promised to read her daughter some books which her daughter would chose this noon, but she wound up in some internal strife between officials and had to placate them and resolve the problem.

'Ah, I seriously hate this. I just want to devote some of my time with my daughter but some somehow I am always caught up in the eye of the storm'

Her husband Dyre Elrik, the king of Solkun a few months ago received an invite requesting his presence in the capital city of the Royal Empire, Hostad.

She still remembers her husband's face becoming pale while reading the invite, it wasn't observed by others but she knew about more than others she was able to identify his emotions fluctuating between helplessness, anguish and terror. She has never seen him this much riled up in all her years of knowing him.

Hilda tried to inquire Elrik about the invite but he didn't delve into the topic , so she stopped bringing it up. Since he is temperoraily absent in the kingdom, so the responsibility naturally fell on to the one next in power and which is her Karitas Hilda, the Queen of Solkun.

'I hope he returns safely, I gave him my deity's charm which will protect him by providing him with luck able to thwart misfortunes'

Meanwhile, Angeline was observing her mother quietly from the sidelines and was trying to discern her thoughts from her facial expressions.

'What's she thinking about so deeply?'

'Ah, Forget it. Its not like i have some gift to read minds'

Speaking of gifts, she has a gift. Angeline was able to understand this world's language quite easily but with some difficulties. The difficulties included the grammar part which was off, some complex words, slangs and the written words. Still she was able to understand basic words like eating, sleeping, shitting, etc for basic communication.

 

 

 

4