Chapter 13
138 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, Hilda is headed to meet the 'The Council'

She is travelling in a carriage which seemed like a normal carriage on the outside but it has the same interior as a royal carriage equipped with soundproof barriers and vibration dampening spells.

But still, Hilda was musing about the council's sudden meeting when her husband isn't present in the kingdom.

'And why is the Council summoning me without briefing me beforehand?'

'The Council' are a group of pivotal people appointed in kingdoms under the rule of the royal empire and every member of the council is a citizen of that kingdom they are deployed in.

For example, Solkien citizens are the members of the council deployed in the Solkien kingdom.

The members are selected by a very difficult and exhaustive test through which only very few are eligible to join the Council

Even these tests are conducted by The Royal Empire and the said kingdom in question can in no way interfere with it.

So it comes as no surprise, that the Council is set as a countermeasure tool to keep the kingdoms in check by the Royal Empire.

But it also serves as a bridge of communication between the royal Empire and the kingdoms under them, preventing any chances for a war of kingdoms to emerge and thereby cultivating peace and coexistence.

Many of those members selected to be in the council are just pawns only to be used and thrown later when deemed unfit, only some members who are guileful understand this and make sure not to agitate both parties in the end.

Still, some impudent members cause unnecessary problems with their newfound illusory power and lose sight of the big picture. 

"Your Majesty, We have arrived"

Snapping out of her reverie, Hilda stepped out of the carriage and checked her surroundings.

There were lush forests in front of her spanning thousands of kilometres with no end in sight. But Hilda had no time to marvel at this nature's gift, she beckoned to a man near her and gave him orders.

A lanky man with scrunched posture and donning a green robe scurried toward Hilda.

"Frode, make sure to station the soldiers as far away as possible"

"Yes, Your Majesty"

"If I do not arrive before the sun sets, then you know what to do, don't you Frode?"

"Yes, Your Majesty "

 

4