Chapter 20
51 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'If he is going to delay even more time Hilda might return from the meeting and when she finds out that I am missing.'

'Hilda will then start to get restless and a deep sense of helplessness and as a result, Rona will be punished undeniably even when she is proven to be innocent.'

Then as if he had read her thoughts he assured Angeline,

"Do not worry human, this is my sub-space pocket where time is stretched according to my wish."

'So what he is trying to convey to me is that he can control the flow of time here by stretching it however and whenever he wishes inside this subspace?'

Even if Angeline knew some basics of metaphysics, she wasn't an expert in it, but despite that, she was able to get a rough idea about what this guy was telling.

But still, how did he accomplish something like this when even a type III civilisation finds it impossible to do so even with their advanced technology?

In her previous life, humanity was able to reach the peak of type I civilisation, which means they were at the level of being able to extract energy from the sun in their local solar system for millions of years.

But when they were exploring their forces in the solar system by setting their outposts on every planet, they came across a message pod.

This message pod was not a normal one but one that has records of the demise of a type III civilisation in it. And you wanna know how they went extinct, well they tried to create a device to stretch time.

But this instead blew right at their face by producing a supermassive black hole which resulted in their doom. We weren't able to know if there are any survivors of that catastrophic incident but we were warned of the impending dangers if we were to play with the fabric of time.

This information was concealed by the Aegis government because it might cause 'Civil unrest', so the truth was only known to some higher officials.

But some group of reporters who were idolising and worshipping Julian Assange thought,

'Why not fuck over the government by releasing some top secret information of theirs on the surface web for everyone to see?' 

And you know the result, they just leaked it.

At first, people were sceptical to believe it but when it was supported with sufficient documents and pieces of evidence. They had no other way than to believe it.

Those who leaked the information were executed but what can they do when the milk was already spilt?

This situation did cause some amount of civil unrest but it wasn't that damaging to the government, still, some lunatics went around creating conspiracy theories and scaring people but they were also taken care of by the government silently. 

Angeline was now able to understand the sheer potential of this man in front of her. She nearly felt a sense of existential crisis because of this man. But this didn't deter her and it instead ignited her willpower to become stronger. 

'I need even more information and enough strength to support myself to be able to survive in a strange world like this.'

1The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring a civilization's level of technological advancement based on the amount of energy it is able to use.

You can see this video to know more about type 1 and type 3 civilization

If you need anymore info on anything from this chapter, comment it below and I will include them in the footnote.

4