Chapter 26
53 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'It seems like she wouldn't want any sort of consideration shown without having any price to pay for it.'

"Hahahaha."

'I feel like I acquittanced myself with a lunatic.'

"....I like that you can adapt quickly."

She pretended like she didn't hear what he said and instead asked,

"Do we have ourselves a deal?"

"Yes, we do but..."

"Shouldn't we have a  testament to record our deal?"

Snap!

A golden parchment manifested and placed itself on the table.

"Why do things pop out of nowhere whenever you snap your fingers?"

He then replied in a mischievous tone,

"You will eventually get to know it when you get powerful as me"

Her eyebrows twitched in annoyance but she soon calmed herself down.

He started explaining about the parchment and its functions.

"You can speak out the conditions that you want from your side and the parchment will record it by itself."

'Oh, so it must be like a Google speech-to-text program but in a manuscript form.'

He didn't forget to remind her of the important part,

"This is a soul contract that is signed by a drop of blood from both the parties involved in it."

They both revised the document again and again for hours before concluding.

"Strech out your finger and place it on top of the parchment now."

"Huh, aren't you supposed to prick your fingers and sign it using a drop on blood?"

"This is a parchment cast to draw blood with non-invasive methods."

"But.."

He didn't give her any chance to speak more but instead placed his index finger from his right hand on the parchment.

She observed what was happening and to her surprise, a red spot appeared right under his finger.

Even more, weirder was the symbol that was engraved on the back of his hand.

"Now place your finger on the parchment."

She felt something warm surging through her body and a red spot appeared below her finger.

'It was a good thing at least I did not cry and embarrass myself in front of him.'

She was really worried that she would cry when she would draw her blood for the contract.

'I should increase my pain tolerance when my body starts developing.'

She too had a symbol engraved into her palm.

'Why is mine in golden color while this guy has his symbol in pink color?'

'Maybe the color of the symbol is related to our hair or eye colors?'

"Care to explain what does this symbol mean and why this appears on the back of my hand?"

"This symbol is a spell written in Kador language, also known as the language of Gods."

"This spell here is used when 2 individuals form a deal and this symbol is left as proof that this deal happened."

"Then why is the symbol of different colors?"

"Ah, that is because it is drawn by the pigments naturally present in our body."

'So that means mine is in golden color because of carotene pigment and his is in pink color because of anthocyanin pigment.' 

"Now that I have finished this deal of yours, shouldn't you start to teach me now?"

"Yes, I am someone who fulfills his promise and doesn't back off from his words."

'Weren't you saying the same thing for a repeat for hours now, aren't you?'

3