Interlude 1: Swollen Sentiments
246 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
We return with a new... interlude?
So, I'm trying something new out with this book. I hope you all enjoy! I'm excited to hear what you all think!
 
Read chapters early on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Emi_the_Fairy
Join my Discord for updates: https://discord.com/invite/EnsjDF74vC

A young woman sat beneath a shady tree on a hillside as the sounds of hammers striking wood filled the air. A familiar ruckus that had spread echoed through Gelin’s streets ever since that fateful day when that witch attacked. A horrifying scene that still lingered the woman’s mind. No matter how often she returned here, the pleasant imagery of the grassy plain below and the nearby river could no longer quell the torrent of thoughts in her mind.

She felt sickened and disturbed by that day. From nowhere, a bolt of lighting erupted into her home, and collapsed the floor beneath her. Before she could even think, she had already been pinned and pierced by the wreckage, a roaring flame readying to consume her. She was going to die. She was supposed to die, had it not been for… She gripped her apron as she huddled over, combatting her wet eyes.

“Saya,” she whispered. That beautiful girl. A kind woman who suddenly entered her life several months ago. A girl she quickly befriended. A girl who comforted her even as she confessed her unholy desires. A girl who was a witch.

A witch. A being of immense magical power that had been the cause of countless disasters. A witch caused the disaster that nearly claimed her life as well. A woman who spun lightning from the clouds and haphazardly spewed it across town. She was lucky to survive. Others weren’t so lucky. So, it was natural to be afraid of witches for her. The church called them evil. They were wicked fiends who sought the destruction of all people like her could care about. It was a witch that nearly took her life. And they were certainly incarnations of evil.

And yet, Saya was one too. Not only was she a witch, she was a kind and considerate one too. And she… the woman, Hannah, balled her apron in her fist as she began to lose to the torrent of tears. She saved her. She was going to die, either from her wound or from the flames, but she was going to die. And Saya saved her. She extinguished the flames. She healed her wound. She cared about her survival. She even called her a friend. And Hannah, in her fear, in her panic, and to her own horror, she called her a monster. Her stomach churned. Her eyes burned. Her cheeks were soaked. Her family was overjoyed by her survival, yet she quietly wished she hadn’t.

She cried as she remembered that moment. Saya shaking and retreating after her harsh words, crying that she only wanted to help her and be her friend. And her own distraught mutterings never reached her as Saya was pulled away to who knows where. She wanted to apologize. She wanted to take it back. She wanted to make things better. And yet, it was likely too late for that.

Saya and her companions. They didn’t just save her. They saved all of Gelin, even if the others didn’t accept that. Even if the Royal Knights arrived and declared them all traitors and spun a tale of the witches choosing to use their city as their personal playground. She knew it was a lie. She may not have known the whole story, or seen it play out, but she knew that Saya, and Princess Xenia could never do such things.

If anything, she felt bad for Saya now. The Royal Knights, they arrived and told everyone they could find of their tale. Saya was in truth the Kingdom’s beloved Pretty Prince, transformed by a witch, and choosing to give in to the temptations of the wily witch who hexed her. The knights continued saying that this witch had done the same with Princess Xenia and the Lumina Knights, corrupting them with her wicked ways. As far as the Luxur Kingdom was concerned, they were all witches who betrayed the Kingdom.

But Hannah knew better than that. Saya was no such cruel hearted person. Those days she spent with her when she first visited convinced her of that. Their brief reunion reinforced her belief. And Saya saving her cemented it. All of which only made her feel worse that she caved into that worthless impulse to call her evil and yell at her. She felt like such a fool for buying into such flimsy lies. That worthless noble boy even tried playing into the whole thing by saying that Saya tried tempting him or some such nonsense. Hearing that and how the knights backed him up only made it seem all the more obvious now. Saya may be a witch, but she was most certainly not evil like they, and even Hannah herself had said.

Not that any of that helped her now. She felt horrible about it. Frustrated with the people of Gelin. Disgusted by that noble boy. Infuriated by the Royal Knights accusations. And most of all, she was enraged at herself for parroting that same nonsense and hurting her friend… not that she felt she had any right to call herself that now. She wiped her tears away and sighed as she got up, taking one last look over the grassy field, memories of Saya happily playing with the city’s children and her own joyful smile at the time inspiring a heartbroken frown upon her lips.

Why hadn’t she spoken up a moment sooner? Saya was so hurt by her words, her strength and care holding her up one moment, and drowning in tears the next, all because of Hannah’s insipid words. She regretted it immediately. She tried to apologize. She tried to say sorry, but she choked up at the worst moment. And but seconds later, she was all alone, a beautiful knight whisking Saya away, rescuing her from the awful woman who hurt her so. She quietly held that pain. She owed Saya that much, to suffer for hurting her. At least that’s what she told herself.

She returned to town, drearily wandering down the streets as she quietly wished for her rightful punishment. She looked at the busy hands tending to her home, repairing the damage as she walked to her current abode. So much was lost that day. Her home, her friendship, and a number of paintings, many of which she felt distraught over losing and others leaving her feeling horrible as they reminded her of Saya. It was as if everything was taken that day, either burned or tainted by her foolish act. She sighed again as she continued on.

“Over here,” she heard a nearby knight call out, waving his fellows over. What were they doing? Probably dealing with some bandit. There were plenty of them around trying to seize upon the weary city. Evil people who… She gripped her bag. She had taken that for granted all this time, and perhaps it was true to an extent, but what if… She decided to follow them down the alley, peaking her head around the corner to see them confront a hooded individual.

“There’s nowhere to run!” one of the three knights declared as they pulled out their swords.

“Oh no,” a high girlish voice patronized. “Whatever is a cute girl like me going to do?” she cried melodramatically.

“You dare taunt us demon!?”

“You make it so easy,” the girl giggled as she removed her hood, revealing her dark hair and a pair of bat-like wings upon her head.

“Enough, creature,” one of the knights hissed as he poked his sword against her chin. “You’re going to tell us where those witches are, or we’re going to force it out of you.”

“I’m sorry sweetie,” she teased. “But it’s actually the other way around,” she fluttered her eyes, her violet eyes sinking into a deep crimson. “You’re going to tell us what that devious king is up to.”

“Fah,” one of the knights grunted. “Just knock her out and let’s get going. Doing this here is…” his eyes grew wide as his compatriot’s sword swung down upon him. “Shit, you really let her enchant you!?” his eyes twitched.

“Dammit Ronse,” the other knight grimaced as he grabbed for his sword only to find it missing. “W-what!?” he stammered. “Where did…”

“Looking for this?” he looked up, Hannah following his eyes to see a purple haired woman dangling her feet over the building above, a smug grin upon her lips as a sword hung beside her, wrapped in vines. No wait there were two swords.

“Dammit, she got mine too,” the other knight grumbled. “So, that must be Phordata,” he grimaced. Phordata? Hannah blinked as she looked at the witch. Didn’t the knights say that she was responsible for… she gasped. “Sorry, Ronse, but you’ll have to wait for now,” the knight muttered.

“Running away?” Phordata goaded them.

“Nice try, but you’re finished if even one of us gets away and informs the Royal Knights,” he grinned, Phordata trading a glare with him. “Now, run!” he instructed his ally, the two turning to escape.

“Not so fast,” another woman chuckled as she descended before the knights. She bore a striking resemblance to the demon girl, but with dark purple hair and brown eyes which quickly began to shine an intense red. Standing so close to her made Hannah’s heartbeat as her cheeks glowed red. “Going somewhere?”

“I’ll handle her, now go!” the knight further away from Hannah shouted, as he grabbed towards the demoness, causing her to grimace.

“Shit!” Phordata snapped as she rose up, attempting to figure out a strategy. Hannah took a deep breath and stood up, surprising the knight long enough for her to throw her bag in his face, throwing him off balance long enough for a set of vines to grapple him against the wall.

“Wh-what?” the knight stammered before his two subdued colleagues approached him, their eyes glazed over from the charms of the succubi. “Dammit,” he grumbled.

“Um,” Hannah glanced towards the demoness beside her who eyed her curiously as her fellows gathered around her. “H-hi?”

“Not that I’m unthankful for the help,” the demoness said. “But why did you help us?”

“I just, uh, wanted to help. I don’t really trust the knights anymore,” Hannah explained nervously.

“That’s a convenient excuse and all,” Phordata grimaced, “but it’s pretty obvious that these two are demons. Why would a human like you want to help a pair of demons and a witch?”

“Well, that’s because…” Hannah blushed. “Um…”

“Yes?” Phordata prodded her.

“He said you were Phordata, right?” the witch crossed her arms and gave the girl a glaring nod. “That means you know Saya, right?” Hannah looked at her pleadingly.

“How do you know her?” Phordata’s eyes narrowed.

“She’s my…” she stopped short of saying what she wanted to. “She’s someone who helped me. And… and I hurt her because she was a witch,” she frowned. “I know she’s a good person, and what I did to her was unfair and cruel,” she whimpered. “I know it may be asking a lot, but please. I want to see her again so I can apologize.”

Phordata blinked from surprise before grinning. “I see, then you must be the girl she wanted to see here, the painter, right?” Hannah nodded. “I heard about what happened, and let me be clear, I’m not happy with what you said to her… but I can tell you’re being honest,” she sighed. “You really do regret hurting her, don’t you?”

“Phora. What do you want to do?” the demon with dark purple hair looked to her. “Noire and I will follow whatever you decide, but we should deal with these three.”

“Well,” she looked to Hannah. “Alright, I’m willing to give you a chance,” Hannah’s mouth opened wide. “But, Saya isn’t with us right now,” she explained, Hannah beginning to frown. “However,” Hannah pouted at her frustratedly. “If you’re willing to help us out, I’d be willing to try and get you the chance to see her again.”

Hannah nodded. “Please. I’ll do anything.”

“Excellent,” Phordata grinned. “Then follow me. Noire, Abbysia, finish up with them, then follow the plan and split up, I’ll guide her from here.”

“Right,” the demonesses nodded, turning their attention to the entranced knights behind them.

Hannah looked on in awe as they advanced towards the knights, their movements enhancing their sexy bodies, her heart beating quicker and quicker from amazement. “Well then, are you good to leave?” Hannah nodded, dragging her eyes away from the devilish beauties. “Then let’s go.”

“Right,” Hannah followed her out of the alley and down the street. She hastened her stride to keep up with the witch and eyed the busy streets around her.

“Keep your eyes forward,” Phordata instructed. “We don’t want to attract undue attention.”

“Right,” Hannah answered as she followed her towards the edge of town. “Where exactly are we going?”

“I have a place to stay nearby here,” Phordata explained. “We’ve been using it since a little before… the incident,” Phordata’s face scrunched with pain.

“May I ask something?” Hannah frowned. “What was that? Who was that woman? Why did she attack?”

Phordata sighed. “She is my niece, and Saya’s older sister.”

“Saya’s… but she looked nothing like Lady Lillia,” Hannah objected. “And Lady Xenia was fighting against her.”

“So, you know that Saya is…”

“Yes, I know she was once our Pretty Prince,” she frowned. “The knights won’t stop talking about how she was corrupted by a witch to become one herself.”

Phordata stopped. “Do you believe them?”

Hannah looked down. “I don’t know. I don’t know if she’s been corrupted like they say. But I do know she’s a witch. And I also know she’s a kind and benevolent person,” she shook. “And she was so happy too. Would someone who’s been corrupted really be like that?”

Phordata chuckled. “You’re pretty quick,” she grinned. “You’re correct, Saya wasn’t corrupted. Her family has the blood of we witches because of her mother.”

“Queen Elesa?” Hannah gawked.

“Yes,” Phordata nodded. “Elesa is my sister, and Saya and the rest of them are my nieces,” she explained. “Saya came to me on orders from her father under the guise of stopping her awakening by vanquishing me. However, she accepted herself before she arrived.”

“Saya,” Hannah frowned. “That couldn’t have been easy.”

“It wasn’t,” Phordata responded with her own frown. “She and Xenia went through a lot. And we returned here because of other matters I’ll explain later. But when we returned, that girl appeared to attack us. We didn’t know it then, but she was like Saya, one of her elder siblings, the one you would know as William, awakened as a witch.”

“But if that’s true, then why did she attack?” Hannah nearly shouted.

“Not so loud,” Phordata shushed her. “To make a long story short, their father was trying to manipulate them into eliminating each other because of our witch blood.”

“His highness?” Hannah looked at her with shock. “That… this is so much to take in.”

“I imagine so,” Phordata frowned. “But that is the truth. In fact, the state of your town is related to that.”

“What do you mean?”

“What she means is that the knights are still hunting for Saya and the rest of us,” the purple haired demoness explained as she emerged from the surrounding forest.

“I see you made it back safely,” Phordata smiled. “Did your interrogation go well?”

“These knights are nothing,” Abbysia chuckled. “They were easy to handle and break.”

“Yeah, they’re nothing like the group that captured me before,” Noire said as she stepped out of the trees. “They’re so weak.”

“If these are his royal knights, then taking them down shouldn’t be that hard,” Abbysia grinned.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself,” Phordata shook her head. “These may be royal knights, but these are their runts. They’re still untrained and weak compared to Zerto’s main forces. They’re mainly here to gather information, though they’re probably just as likely to leak it. Speaking of, have either of you learned anything.”

“Well,” Abbysia grinned.

“I did, hear something,” Noire grinned.

“You go ahead and tell her sis,” Abbysia smirked.

“Right. It’s about Aurith. They seem to be operating under the assumption that we captured him,” Noire explained.

“So, they don’t realize he defected on his own to protect his sisters then,” Phordata brought her hand to her chin.

“That’s good, right? We can catch them off guard later then,” Abbysia grinned.

“I’m not so certain of that,” Phordata grimaced. “This may actually become a catalyst for him to assemble his strongest sooner than we anticipated,” she looked deep into the forest, toward where the castle lay. “I can already feel that mana pooling around the castle, even now.”

“What mana?” Abbysia asked.

“Hold on,” Hannah interrupted. “What are you all talking about?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t fully explain that yet,” Phordata sighed. “We’re trying to stop your king, Zerto, from committing more harm. Preventing him from hurting anyone again, like he did in Ethnerta.”

“Ethnerta? But I thought…” Hannah frowned.

“I know you must have been told my home did horrible things,” Phordata tightened her fist. “But I promise you, the ones who were the true monsters in that war were Zerto and his vile knights. They killed so many innocents. And this mana. It’s the same that surrounded his army when they attacked us.”

“But…” Hannah’s voice dropped. “If you were to fight him here…”

“I know you must be struggling with all of this,” Abbysia placed her hand on Hannah’s shoulder. “But the truth is, the girl who attacked your city, was under orders from your king at the time. And if you watch the knights, even now, they’re more concerned with looking for us, than they are helping you and your people rebuild. When things get down to it, I don’t think he really cares what becomes of you or anyone else in this kingdom.”

“But… that’s…” Hannah trembled.

“Regardless, we won’t be able to do much, even defend this place, if we don’t gather more allies,” Phordata crossed her arms in frustration.

“Have faith in them, Phora,” Noire gently smiled. “I’m certain Xenia and the others will pull through. Especially if they find them.”

“Yes, I hope you’re right, Noire,” Phordata gave a light chuckle. “I just hope your intel was right.”

* * *

Xenia took a deep breath, the frosty air chilling her lips. She looked around, eying the trees around her as she exhaled. It seemed so different from last time. The Winterfell Forest, the last time she had been here, she felt so unstable and fragile. She chuckled. The gloomy atmosphere no longer dragged her down or agitated her like last time. Rather, it almost felt…

“It is rather lovely here,” Xenia softly smiled.

“Yeah,” Mable nodded. “It feels almost welcoming and peaceful this time.”

“You said that the last time you two were here was before you awakened to your true magic, correct?” Yule asked.

“That’s right,” Mable nodded, her ears drooping slightly. “We fell in here when we got separated from the others. It was only a little after that that we invaded Ilo’s manor and…” she frowned.

“It’s alright,” Yule gave her sister a small side hug. “You’re okay now.”

“Besides,” Xenia grinned. “For all the horrible things that happened there, we both came out of it alive,” she reached for Mable’s hand, gripping it in her grasp. “And we made it out stronger.”

“Yeah,” Mable nodded, a bit of blush enveloping her cheeks.

“Gosh, you two are adorable,” Yule giggled.

“Sis,” Mable trembled and shrank in place.

“At any rate, it would seem that Noire’s intelligence was right,” Yule turned her direction towards the depths of the woods, her pointed ears perking up through her hair. “I can sense them. Demons have definitely been passing through here, although it has been a bit.”

“Then now seems as good a time as any,” Aurith finally spoke up, advancing to the front of the group. “We should go over our information so we are all clear on our mission.”

“Yes, that would be a good idea,” Xenia nodded. “Yule, if you would.”

“Right,” Yule nodded. “According to Noire, a number of the demons that were captured for Ilo’s experiments managed to escape shortly before she was brought there. She apparently could feel demonic energies coming from the Winterfell Forest, which she suspects are the escaped demons.”

“Right,” Mable nodded. “She and Abbysia also said that there was apparently some kind of sanctuary around here, and they think the demons headed there through the forest.”

“Hopefully they will agree to help us in fighting Luxur,” Xenia commented.

“Hopefully so,” Yule nodded. “I still don’t understand why Fiona and the other Lumina Knights didn’t come with us.”

“Apologies sister,” Mable apologized. “Everyone had that conversation without us. Basically, Fiona got attacked by a ghost, the last time we were here. They mistook her for one of the soldiers who destroyed Ethnerta. They were afraid we’d encounter other ghosts like that, so they chose to make contact with the other Lumina Knights instead.”

“I see,” Yule nodded. “But what about Aurith?”

“I chose to come to assist you all in case you encountered any threats,” he explained.

“I am a little concerned to be honest,” Xenia confessed. “I am thankful for your assistance brother, but I am concerned that you could become a target like Fiona did.”

“I understand sister, but I prefer to stay by your side for the time being.”

“My, he certainly is loyal,” Yule chuckled.

“Or thickheaded,” Mable sighed. “Getting back on topic though,” she continued. “It must have been scary for them. Being captured for being demons, then escaping into the forest for some hidden sanctuary. I wonder if they made it.”

“Well, along my travels I have heard plenty of stories of demons finding protection from a spirit in the area, but beyond that I’m not sure,” Yule sighed. “Apparently powerful spirits have regularly provided protection here since the gateway to the afterlife that once resided here was sealed.”

“I see,” Mable nodded.

“If we are all good, we should be on our way,” Xenia commented.

“Yes, let us proceed,” Aurith nodded as they resumed their advance.

The forest was still and quiet, the lingering frigid air chilling their breath, and the chilled foliage crunching beneath their feet. The quiet luminescence of mushrooms shone through the darkness, as if to act as beacons upon their travel, yet concealing the further depths from their sight. Yule slowed to a halt and focused upon the darkness around them, Mable soon slowing as well.

“What is the matter you two?” Xenia asked as she approached them.

“Something is out there,” Yule’s eyes narrowed.

“It sounds like… something is moving. The sound is smooth and consistent,” Mable observed. “Almost like a snake, but it’s too loud for that,” she considered. “But in that case, that would mean…” she snapped to Aurith’s direction, Yule quickly mimicking her actions.

“Aurith, get down!” Yule ordered.

Aurith’s eyes grew wide as he heeded her call, but all too slowly. A massive tail descended upon him, its azure scales flickering as it ensnared his waist before lifting him off his feet. “Insipid knight,” a woman’s voice hissed. “Such impudence to come to this place.”

“Wait, please!” Xenia called out. Aurith was slammed to the ground, leaving him to gasp for air as he attempted to recover.

“Dammit,” he muttered. “So, tight…” he cringed in pain.

“Brother!”

“I shall see to it that you perish for your crimes, oh knight,” the voice growled.

“Wait!” Xenia protested as Aurith was lifted again into the air. “Stop!” she called out as he dangled in the air. The tail moved to slam him again. “I said, stop!” Xenia demanded as a purple ball of flame grew in her palm and she threw it. The voice screeched in pain as it relinquished Aurith, allowing him to fall to the ground. “Aurith!”

“Sister,” Aurith gasped.

“What is the meaning of this,” the voice shrieked, a woman with pale blue skin emerged from the darkness, the large snake tail trailing behind her. She rose into the air, in essence standing atop the tail, her lower half vanishing into its might.

“No way!” Yule said in awe.

“A lamia!” Mable watched in amazement.

“Who are you?” the lamia spat. “Why would a witch bring a knight of Luxur to these sacred grounds.”

“Please, listen,” Xenia pleaded. “We are not your enemies. This is my brother,” she gestured to Aurith. “We are a prince and princess of Luxur, children of our mother, Queen Elesa, a witch. We have come here to for aid in combatting our father, King Zerto.”

“Children of Elesa?” the lamia blinked. “And you have come to…” she began to laugh. “Fascinating. So, his children have turned against him,” she grinned. “Although, I must say that it was unwise to bring your brother here. He has caused much fear amongst the spirits here.”

“I…” Aurith shuddered. “I apologize. I had not intended…”

“It will be fine,” the lamia sighed.

“If I may ask, who exactly are you?” Yule questioned.

“I am a denizen of this forest, a descendant of the keepers of the gate to the afterlife which once resided here,” she explained. “As for my name, I am known as Maltha.”

“Maltha,” Mable repeated. “Um, we heard that there might be some demons who came through here seeking sanctuary. We wanted to ask for their aid. Can you take us to them?”

“I can do you one better,” Maltha grinned, her orange eyes glittering. “I can bring you to the ruler of this place. Please follow me.”

The four shared a nod and began to follow the snake tailed woman deeper into the forest. As they followed her, a fantastical gentle teal light began to pour out from the deepest reaches of the forest. “What is that?” Xenia asked as they emerged from the trees.

“It is called a Spirit Spring,” Maltha explained, the group emerging to find a vast lake. It radiated energy, charging the air with strange energy, the moisture refreshing them. The water shimmered, radiating with gentle light, illuminating the empty pocket in the forest. Spirits and fairies hovered and danced upon its breadth, basking in its energy and serenity. “It formed here sometime after the gate to the afterlife here closed. The natural energies of the spirits transformed the natural lake here into one full of resting souls and magic.”

“Resting souls?” Xenia wondered aloud. “Like those killed during the war between Ethnerta and…” her voice fell to a hush.

“Indeed,” Maltha nodded. “Although, many of those spirits have yet to find rest here and linger in the forest, mourning for both their lives and country.”

“All of them, grieving because of him,” Xenia said, looking to her reflection. “Curse you… Zerto,” she quietly bit. She felt a light touch upon her shoulder.

“Come, you should meet with her,” Maltha said, leading them further down the lake’s rim until they reached a small outcropping overlooking the lake, surrounded by vines and leaves acting as a curtain. As they entered the space, they entered a new pocket, appearing similar to a throne room of sorts made of wild plants arranged as if guided by some mysterious force. Maltha guided them to the outcropping’s edge, peering out a window in the curtain looking upon the lake. Just past the outcropping a lone spirit floated, her long see through pink hair fluttering upon her likewise transparent flowing black dress. “Your highness. You have guests.”

“Guests?” the spirit answered, turning to see them, revealing a beautiful face, dotted by shining blue eyes. Her gentle eyes quickly sharpened as she stared into Aurith. “What is one of them doing here?”

“Please relax, your highness,” Maltha pleaded. “I had the same reaction, but he comes with this pair of elven demonesses and his sister, a witch.

“A witch?” the woman looked to Xenia with curiosity, giving a small quiet smile. “How nostalgic.”

“Your highness,” Maltha bowed. “This girl states she is a witch, and a princess of Luxur,” she looked to Xenia.

“A princess of Luxur?” the ghostly woman said, her a glowing ethereal eyes looking her over. She grinned. “I see, then she must be Elesa’s daughter.”

“You know Queen Elesa?” Mable questioned.

“Just what is your connection to our mother?” Aurith grimaced. “How do you know of her?”

The spirit laughed. “My connection, dear boy, is that she was one of the citizens of my country.”

“Country?” Xenia repeated. “And a queen?” her eyes grew wide.

“Then would that make you…?” Yule continued.

“That’s right,” the spirit nodded. “In life I was the Queen of Ethnerta. I was the Queen of Witches,” she smiled. “Rosaria Magenia.”

“I…” Xenia’s voice sank in her awe. She took a deep breath and stared down the queenly spirit. “Your highness, I… we have come to ask for your aid.”

“My aid? With what exactly?”

“With stopping our… our father, the King of Luxur, Zerto. And with liberating our mother, Queen Elesa,” Xenia said, summoning all her strength into each syllable of her words.

The queen grinned. “My dear, you already had my attention, but now…” she chuckled. “Now you have me excited.”

I hope you all enjoyed this little experiment. I wanted to give a chance to check in on the other characters, and I think it turned out pretty well. Hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

19