Chapter 3 – Errand Quests
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that I've learned how to use magic, I should be going outside to fight monsters right?

No, because when I checked on the map I saw a lot of quest markers. If I do these quests, I'm sure there will be a ton of rewards. Exclamation marks appear above the head of the NPCs in the surroundings, some of them are yellow-colored while most are green. Let's try accepting one of the green-colored quests. There was an NPC who owned the nearby bakery. She looked busy as she put her bread on display.

 

"Hi. Do you need help on something?"

"Oh! Thank the gods for hearing my prayers. Well young lady, could you help me deliver these bread to that flower shop over there?"

"Sure!"

It was a simple errand quest. A type of quest that just makes me do mundane task but the quest reward is 1 silver which is quite big for an easy quest. The NPC took a basket full of bread out of nowhere and gave it to me. She pointed out where the flower shop is so I immediately went my way. Then something caught my attention. There was an exclamation mark above a notice board nearby with a city guard posting something on it. He noticed me as walked near him.

"Are you interested in this request?"

"A little bit."

"Hmm. But you look weak so I advise you to not do this one yet."

"Hey!"

He immediately left and went back to his post leaving me in front of the notice board. Sure, I'm still level one but goblins are easy monsters, right? I looked at the paper that the guard posted and read its contents. A notification immediately popped up in my vision. Oh? There were no rewards and requirements listed on the paper but the notification provided them. 

 

'Repeatable Quest:

Hunt 10 Goblin in the Western Forest.

Reward: 1 silver

Requirements: Level 7 and above
'

 

Also 1 silver huh? Compared to the first quest I accepted, the repeatable quest is more of a hustle. It also requires me to be level 7 so I can't even accept this quest now. Let's do these errand quests first then. Along the way, I met and conversed with various NPCs.  They also shared some information about hunting grounds, item usage, and even useless information from miscellaneous items. Not only that, but I've also learned essential skills like cooking, baking, flower arrangement, herb gathering, and many noncombatant skills. These are useless skills for now but who knows, I may get to use them in the future.

So, this is what happened on my first day playing Legrandia. After finishing almost 50 errand quests, I gained 2 levels, 1 gold, 37 silvers, some skills and consumables like food and beginner potions. To my surprise, I can accept multiple errand quests at once without penalties. But there were some quests that I needed to prioritize, specially those with a time limit. If I keep this up, maybe I'll reach level 7 in no time.

While doing these quests, I noticed my character becoming hungry once in a while. Moving around doesn't consume my stamina that fast but being low in stamina will give me the Hungry status decreasing everything in my stats which is bad. The food I get from the errand quests helps but it doesn't fully replenish my stamina immediately. I had to wait for a few minutes until my stamina is back up to continue doing errand quests.

 

With all that said and done, I logged out of the game and open my eyes in the real world. My room was already dark when I took off the VR equipment. The wall clock displayed 7:27 pm and at the same time, my stomach growled. 

"I never thought I'd enjoy playing the game. Haah. I should set up alarm for breaks starting tomorrow."

The city lights outside were already visible as I stood up from my bed. I've got to make dinner for myself first and check the news. An egg sandwich would suffice for dinner, right? Right!

Now let's check out the game's forums. For a newbie like me, the forums are a very good place to check for information. Some guides were pinned and there are also posts about players sharing their first day in-game. Should I also share my experience? Why not?

After typing for almost an hour, I finally decided to publish my first post. In no time, there were already replies being updated. Something snapped in my head after reading some of the replies.

 

'Lol! You're still stuck in the beginning town? No wonder you're still level 3.'

'Those quests are boring. It's more fun to smash some monsters in the field.'

'Guys, she's still a noob. She needs guidance.'

'True. Here are some links for helpful guides on how to level up and get some good equipment..'

 

To my surprise, someone gave some links that leads to some guides that I saw earlier. I checked the guides and gained some new information about leveling up. It's easier to level up by grinding EXP from monsters at the moment. The author stated that he was a beta tester and he already checked the game today so his information was up to date. I got excited after knowing this but then I remembered that I was still level 3. The other guides that were shared on my post were also for level 5 and above. Do I have to grind from killing monsters?

I sighed and went back to my post to write a reply to the one that shared the guides. There were more replies now and as expected, most of them were negative. Some were encouraging me which is nice. With that, I laid down on my bed and rested.

 

 

March 30th. 24XX

 

It has been 4 days since I started playing Legrandia. Today, on my 5th day, I completed my 500th errand quest just now and after receiving my rewards a notification popped on my vision.

 

'You have earned the title "Errand Girl"

+3% movement speed

+10% fame gained in the Klimont City

+10% EXP gained from quests

+20% discount when buying from Klimont City NPCs'

 

But one thing that bothers me is the title that was given to me. "Errand Girl", sounded like a lowly servant. But despite that, its effect is quite impressive. A boost in movement speed, fame gain, EXP gain, and a discount. Though the fame gain boost was limited in the Klimont City, but the EXP boost wasn't. Though, I really wish that the developers would change the name of the title.

So, after 500 errand quests, I obtained 5 more levels, 13 gold, some silvers, and tons of HP, MP, and Stamina potions for beginners. This is enough for grinding in the fields later on, right? Right. 

While I was thinking to myself, I noticed the sudden change in the atmosphere. The players are hurriedly going in a certain direction. I followed them and find that the western gate was flooded with players cheering what looked like a party. Judging by their weapons and the murmurs of the other players, the party consisted of a cleric, an archer, a mage, a fighter, and a warrior. It's a well-rounded party where the warrior can tank thanks to his shield, the fighter can help the tank on melee range while the other 3 are backups on their rear. According to the murmurs from other players, they managed to defeat the field boss, the Goblin Chieftain.

It must've been a great feat because they were only level 15 and they defeated a level 20 field boss. I was in awe after understanding this. With that in mind, I became motivated and decided to do more errands quest. I feel like the beginner potions I got weren't enough for me.

The NPCs in the surrounding was the same as usual but there were no more green exclamation marks. Checking the minimap didn't help but something caught my attention. There was a red exclamation mark blinking not far away from me.

'Maybe I should do this one first?'

Arriving at the location where the red exclamation mark is, a city guard was on standby beside the entrance of the sewers. I approached him and ask.

"Hello, do you need any help?"

"Ah, hello citizen. You must be Tyr, the errand girl?"

"Yes."

"I've heard about your deeds and would like to request something from you."

A notification window appeared.

'Conditions have been met. Would you like to accept this special dungeon quest?'

I checked what these 'conditions' are and found out that this quest is only available to players level 10 and below, has a fame of 500, and have done 300 errand quests in the Klimont City. It is a special dungeon quest so, the rewards should be good right?

"Accept!"

 

1