CHAPTER 14: TRUSTED FRIENDS
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Relief…

 

That was what Zeliker felt. He never knew the heaviness in his heart all this time would be lessened after telling someone his true thoughts and feelings. He finally learned his lesson.

 

It was better to tell or share your problems with someone you were close to. But…

 

Zeliker groaned in shame with a pillow on his face to hide his disgraceful expression. He still felt surreal about all of this.

 

How come he, for more than 10 years, would completely, decisively open up his heart now?! How come?!

 

Is it because he was somewhere peaceful and far away from the dangerous atmosphere in Flink? Or because he thought Silvert was someone he trusted?

 

Well, he does trust Silvert. So, scratch that.

 

Could it be because his mind unconsciously told him that he was free from Flink and let him be honest towards Silvert?

 

Ah, he doesn’t understand! He never told Silvert before and now he did it! What a shameful thing he had done! Now, Silvert will be more enthusiastic about him.

 

A knock on the door stops his internal conflict. He put the pillow down and moved up on the bed to sit.

 

“Zeliker, I make breakfast. Have you washed your teeth yet?” Silvert opened the door with a full smile and joy.

 

Zeliker’s eyes twitched. 

 

‘Where did the honorific go?’

 

He silently thought. Silvert put the breakfast meals on top of a small cabinet beside Zeliker’s bed. He can see a question popping on Zeliker’s expression and understands why Zeliker looks like that.

 

He chuckled. “I was told that if you want to be more close with another person, you should start by calling their first name. So, from this moment on, Zeliker, I will call you with your name. Unless, the situation wasn’t appropriate for me.”

 

Zeliker slowly picks up his pillow again and hides his face behind it. Silvert could see Zeliker’s ears slowly turn bright red. He was sure Zeliker’s face also looked the same.

 

‘Ah, he is shy… Why is he so cute?!’

 

Zeliker peeks a bit at Silvert and sees his lovestruck expression.

 

“Enough with your fanatic look! You’re so annoying!”

 

He threw the pillow at Silvert’s face and walked off hurriedly into the bathroom. Silvert pulled the pillow off him and laughed lightly.

 

‘Ah, seeing his cute expression again today is my lucky day! How blessful…’

 

Zeliker looked at his face in the mirror. Under his eyes had puffed up because of his crying last night.

 

‘My god… I want to kill myself right now!’

 

He washed his face quickly with the tap water and brushed his teeth with a toothbrush and toothpaste that appeared in his hand. His fangs elongated for him to brush it clean too. Once he was done, he went into the shower. His clothes disappear and appear again after his bath. But before the cloth appeared, he used his power to dissolve the droplets on his body into steam. With this, his body was all warmth and dry again.

 

There’s only one thing he missed from the demon’s land and that was the heat coming from the lava. Demons as well as him love hot temperatures and their body can bathe in the lava without melting themselves. It’s such a pity that humans don't like high temperatures.

 

Zeliker went out of the bathroom and walked to his bed again. He sits on it and then picks up his breakfast. He munches on the soft bread and drinks the milk from it. The taste of the milk was so good that he drank it all. Then, he realized something.

 

“They let you cook in their kitchen? Are they not afraid of you?” He asked Silvert who was tidying up their clothes.

 

Silver shook his head. “They weren’t afraid of me but… They said they don’t want to delay me from feeding you or you might eat them.” He chuckled.

Zeliker rolled his eyes at him. “Tsk! Did they even see that I was salivating after them? Gross… Their blood is gross.”

 

Silvert smiled sadly. He just found out  that his prince cannot drink human blood. The truth pained his heart.

 

“Alright. Please enjoy your breakfast slowly, Zeliker. Don’t mind them waiting for us.” He grins evilly.

 

Zeliker can’t help but smile at his statement. He knew that Xcerox and others were waiting for them. They have planned to move out of this kingdom today but… Maybe they don’t need to?

 

After all, he can just hide within Silvert’s dimension. Why the need to move out of Eskimos and endangered themselves? Just let the demons who want to come to rescue or kill him search everywhere for him while he can just chill out in the dimension. They don't need to waste much time either.

 

“I’m full. Let’s go.”

 

“Okay.”

 

They both move out of the room after Silvert puts away all their stuff in his dimension. They met Xcerox, Gizelis and Nish again at a quiet area with no one to see them leaving the place. Zeliker, without wasting more time, told them about his hiding place which was more convenient than moving out.

 

“Are you sure? What if someone finds out about Silvert’s ability?” Xcerox look worried.

 

Silvert already explained his ability to them but not all of it. He still has some secret left that only Zeliker knows.

 

“No worry, Prince Xcerox. I’ll be fine. My ability won’t let anyone capture me that easily. So, it’s fine if I no longer hide it,” Silver answered.

 

“That’s right. And who would be brave enough to anger me when I’m around him. If they want to disappear permanently, I don’t mind sending them away.” Zeliker smirked.

 

“Ah, yes… Sometimes, I forget you are a royal demon instead of a normal person.” Xcerox said dryly.

 

“Hehe… Which only means that Your Highness has accepted Zeliker as your friend.” Gizelis told Nish that agreed with him.

 

Xcerox slightly blushed at his exclamation. “Well, Zeliker, Silvert, show us then, your hiding place.”

 

Zeliker summoned a keychain with a miniature door tangled with it.

 

Huh? Keychain…?

 

Except Silvert, they all looked confused at him. Then, their mouth opens slightly when Zeliker just throws it at a wall beside them. The door on the keychain popped and a big door appeared on the wall.

 

Huh?! What the heck?!

 

“Come in.” Zeliker opened the door and went inside, followed by Silvert.

 

The three men looked at each other before they also went in. When the door closes, it disappears from the wall.

 

Inside, their eyes couldn’t widen more. It was huge and wide. They were now standing in a big hall.  A large stairs can be seen far in front of them that move either up or down. While on their left and right stated four doors each with different colors. On top of each door have a half-round lamp, also with different colors.

 

A pair of identical vases and plants stood beside each door, decorating it more beautifully. As for the floor, it was covered in a blue ocean wave while the walls were covered in light yellow scenery. Above their heads, the ceilings painted the maps of their human and demon’s lands and also many pyramid lamps dangling down to lighten the place.

 

‘This is not a dimension. This is a mansion!’

 

Stated them silently.

 

“Welcome to my and Silvert’s second home.” 

 

Zeliker was amused by their expression. He wondered if their things in the living hall were that grand. It looks normal to him though. If Gizelis and Nish heard his thoughts, they would glared at him.

 

Who could afford all these things if they weren’t from royalty?!

 

“Wow, Zeliker. You are even richer than my father.” Xcerox commented.

 

Is his family really that poor? He doesn’t think so but after looking around… 

 

‘Is that diamond?!’

 

Xcerox was shocked to see the vase material was made of such material. He thought it was fake at first then later realized it was a real diamond. 

 

How can you use it for decoration?! That was the most powerful material that can be made into a weapon!

 

He felt conflicted inside.

 

“Haha, don’t be humble, Prince Xcerox. This is all just a copy made, not the actual one made from real material.” Silvert laughed.

 

They all snapped their heads at him. Really?!

 

Zeliker shook his head, hopeless by their shock. “Silvert ability can also shape things if he sees it first. So, you can say his ability is diverse.”

 

“God!” Gizelis gasped. “Silvert man, can you be my sugar daddy? I promise I’ll be a good boy and listen to you.”

 

Silvert choked on his salivas after he heard it.

 

‘What an interesting human…’

 

He shook his head. “No, I refused.” 

 

Gizelis instantly looks dejected but then cheers up again after listening to Zeliker’s sentences.

 

“Alright, let’s go sightseeing. Silvert.” Zeliker looked at Silvert, asking him to lead the way for their new friends to see their home.

 

He and Silvert have accepted that they can become friends with humans. The feelings were strange but not unpleasant. It also felt wonderful to talk with them.

 

“Yes. Come with me.” Silvert shows them.

 

Everyone no longer chats and follows him up the stairs to another hall with a long rectangular table. It seems to be a dining table with many candle holders in the middle of it. But, their attention wasn’t on the dining table, it was the chairs.

 

“Is it me seeing it wrongly or is it really a throne chair? Many gold throne chairs…” Nish asked Xcerox and Gizelis while rubbing his eyes.

 

“It’s a throne chair made of gold. Wait, is this copy made too, Silvert?” Xcerox turn his head to Silvert.

 

God! Is this really a copy made?! They look real! Can they sell it…?

 

That would be a problem if the buyer found out that it was fake. So, they put the thought away.

 

Silvert nodded before he chuckled at their unbelief expression. They looked around after that and saw more doors like in the living hall. But this time there were a dozen doors on each side. The half-lamp above the door has no color and stays white but only two of it at the end of the hall have colors.

 

“Zeliker, Silvert, why is the lamp color different from the hall below?” Gizelis has noticed it earlier but hasn't found it strange before.

 

“The white lamp means it's empty inside. Only darkness can be found in it.” 

 

Zeliker answered for him. He did not tell them the meaning of each color. He wants them to find out for themselves. He smirked.

 

“Since you all will be living here sometime, go and choose any door you like. But before you open it, try imagining what kind of room you want inside. Including the details of the room. Picture it in your mind before you open the door. It’s easy.”

 

“Why?” 

 

Xcerox, Gizelis and Nish were stunned that Zeliker would let them have a place to stay in the dimension before Zeliker's next sentences confused them.

 

“Like I said. It’s empty. It can be created if you wish for it. Wish carefully especially the things inside that you need and want to use them. Of course with function you saw from somewhere on how it works. Later, I’ll give you guys the room key with the door keychain to this dimension. With this, you are free to enter and go out of this dimension.” Zeliker explained more.

 

He never had people in their dimension before because he didn’t like people wandering in it. But now, he had to put his trust on them to take care of this dimension with him and Silvert. He just hopes they won’t betray him or damage their property.

 

“Are you saying you would give us access to this place? Are you serious?!” Nish choked on his saliva.

 

Zeliker really was an abnormal royal demon because that was not how royal demons do their thing. Giving that is. In fact, they would take everything from humans, even life.

 

Zeliker shrugged. “Why not? The mansion is too big to live with only the two of us, aren’t that right, Silvert?”

 

Silvert nodded. “Yes. Having you guys staying here might make the mansion more lively. It needs more occupants.”

 

“When we made this mansion, it was just for fun and to hide ourselves from my father. Who would have thought we’re gonna use it to invite some human friends living together with us.” Zeliker telepathy Silvert silently.

 

“True. I guess we should be glad we made one, right?” Silvert said softly.

 

Zeliker didn’t reply but Silvert knew he understood it, seeing that he smiled a little.

 

“Are you really, really, giving the room to us?” Nish wants confirmation again.

 

“Tsk! Yes. After all, there’s too many empty rooms and I don’t know what to do with them. Losing some won’t even cost me. Really, you can have it.” Zeliker feels irritated now. 

 

“Why do these humans not understand human language? And why do I feel it’s hard to give something to someone? Is it hard to receive it? I took everything people give me, so why are they not the same?” He was confused.

 

Xcerox chuckled when he saw Zeliker's expression.

 

“He won’t understand that it was strange when he came from royal demons.” He thought quietly and he was glad to know Zeliker like this.

 

“Alright. Since Zeliker here is allowing us to live here, why don’t we just take it. It’s free with a mansion.” He clapped his hand to get their attention.

 

Gizelis and Nish's eyes sparkled.

 

“Thanks, Zeliker, Silvert.”

 

They all appreciate it before they choose a door. Their door was to each other with Xcerox in the middle. They all closed their eyes first to imagine what room they wanted. After that, they open the door.

 

Xcerox was surprised to see inside. 

 

“It did come true! Even the closet chamber was full with my clothes.”

 

He looked around the room that was the same as his room in the palace. When he walked to a sliding door to reach the balcony, he opened them. His eyes widened. He thought it was impossible but now… He believes what Zeliker’s mean to wish carefully.

 

The balcony outside wasn’t the same as the palace where he can look over the city from the high balcony. Instead, he imagined that the balcony was on the ground and there was a wide grassfield outside with a calm sunny day that wasn’t too hot or too cold.

 

A comforting lazy chair was outside on the balcony with a small white round table. On the table, have an unfinished book he read in his real room.

 

“Silvert’s power, copy made and dimension are truly terrifying abilities.”

 

He went out not long after and found Zeliker had sat at the end of the throne while Silvert served him tea. As for Gizelis and Nish, he could hear them running around their new room. He wondered what kind of room they wanted that made them look very excited. Mind of the poor people, he could guess and imagine.

 

“Have a seat, Prince Xcerox. I have made snacks to welcome you all to our home.” Silvert smiled at him.

 

Xcerox nodded and went to sit beside Zeliker. He was no longer afraid of Zeliker and he didn't care if Zeliker was uncomfortable with him sitting next to him. Zeliker just eyed him before he turned away and sipped his tea.

 

Silvert serve Xcerox tea as well. Xcerox could see various snacks and sweets in front of him. He was confused though. Where and when did Silvert prepare this? Maybe there was a kitchen between the two doors that had its half-lamp changed color.

 

Now that he noticed it, the lamp above his door had also changed to blue. He wondered what it meant. But somehow he gets that white means empty and blue means occupied by something. He won’t ask though since there’s still that other color lamp at the living hall. This place was mysterious and neat. He wished he had abilities like this too.

 

He chuckled.

 

“Hm? What’s so funny?” Zeliker asked him.

 

“Nothing. But, looking at all these sweets, my sister would be very jealous of me.”

 

“Then, ask her to come here later. Here, this is the door to this dimension.” Zeliker manifested a keychain with a miniature door and a room key on the table.

 

He pushed it to Xcerox.

 

“Zeliker, do you trust us that much?”

 

“... I don’t… But, I’m trying too. Would you break my trust?”

 

Zeliker didn’t look at Xcerox but his finger was brushing the ear of the teacup. Only Silvert knew that he was nervous inside.

 

Xcerox pick up the keychain. “I trust you since we have become friends, Zeliker. You are my friends now and always… Unless you don’t want me anymore, that is.”

 

Zeliker snapped his head at him. His eyes glinted seriously.

 

“I won’t break my tie once I make my decision. There’s a demon ritual that once you promise someone, you have to exchange a drop of blood with them. So, both would always keep their promise. But I…” Zeliker looked away.

 

He can’t drink human blood so the ritual was not needed. He just hopes they didn’t break his trust in them.

 

“Let’s do it!” Xcerox agreed to the ritual without knowing Zeliker’s problem.

 

“No, there’s no need. After all, I have given my trust to you all.”

 

“Hm?” Xcerox was confused but since Zeliker said so, he just agreed.

 

“Okay. Please trust us.”

 

Xcerox sipped his tea. He was relieved that Zeliker was his friend now. He doesn't know if he was the first human prince to befriend a royal demon prince but if other princes or princesses from other kingdoms knew it, he wondered what expression they would show. It must be a spectacular sight. He grinned evilly.

 

Why not show off to them when they come to visit later…

 

Zeliker and Silvert back away a little after looking at his expression. They wonder what Xcerox was thinking about. He looked so mischievous right now.

0