134. Date Night (Part 3)
70 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The fuck was that?!” Rai whispered to Sin.

“No clue, but he felt really off! I think we should try and avoid that guy whenever we can...”

“... Agreed.”

Rai and Sin huddled together behind a stall in the centre of the square. There were small pathways that led to smaller stores in between the buildings, which Rai noticed.

“There! Let’s go there, check those stores out since they’re out of the way, and hopefully we’ll find something and leave before that guy shows up again!”

Sin nodded.

“Mhmm, good idea!”

They snuck through the market stalls, using the potential customers in the area as cover. Since the merchants here only had these stalls for a day at a time, they had to sell off as much of their stock as possible. This ‘need’ manifested itself in their loud voices travelling across the square.

The noise provided as much cover for the two of them as the people did.

Rai saw out of the corner of his eye, the white haired person from before, looking around from the side of the building near the entrance archway. Probably looking for us... We won’t make it without him noticing us like this...

He grabbed Sin and yanked her back, pulling her down to crouch with him behind a stall.

Rai put a finger up to his lips.

Sin was a little more than annoyed at first, but she got what Rai was trying to tell her which alleviated her frustration.

Rai slowly peeked up above the stall’s tabletop. He wanted to see what the white-haired guy would do next.

Sin peeked at the guy along with Rai.

Fortunately, the stall owner was too preoccupied with his business dealings to worry about the two of them.

They watched as the white-haired guy looked around frantically, then kicked the dust on the ground after a minute. He seemed to walk back around the corner to the archway entrance.

“I knew he was sketchy! Just look at the way he’s looking around... he’s definitely looking for us.” Sin said.

Rai shared her sentiment. “Something was off, and now he’s probably going to wait for us to leave before he does anything.”

“... Do you think he marked us for robbing? I remember dad telling me about thieves and pickpockets in the city, but I didn’t think there would be some just hanging around so blatantly like that!”

“Possibly... I’m never worried about being robbed, since all of my stuff is in my seals which only I can access... it’s the same for you, right?”

Sin nodded. “I keep everything in my rings. I guess someone could just grab the rings while I’m not looking, but I’d feel that because of my mana link with the rings, and then I’d instantly crush the person who took them with my Domain. So all my stuff is always safe...”

“Well, it seems like he’s not looking for us right now, so maybe we can look around for a bit while avoiding his line of sight from the entrance?”

Sin seemed to ponder for a second, before her face brightened.

“I can make us both invisible whenever we need to pass that middle bit that is in his line of sight!”

Rai’s eyes widened. Then a wide smile formed on his face.

“That’s a brilliant idea! Okay, we’ll cover this side of the square first, then go to the other side using your invisibility.”

Sin nodded.

For the time being, the white-haired guy seemed to loiter around the archway entrance to the clothes’ merchant square. Since there were buildings either side right out of the entrance, he didn’t have the best line of sight into the square.

Rai and Sin would make use of that to avoid him.

For now, they were safe.

This left side of the square, which Rai and Sin had ended up on, had a number of stalls and shops lining the edges. Some shops seemed to specialise in suits, while others seemed to specialise in dresses.

Sin’s face lit up once she had the time to actually look at the dress shop. The window in the front had some of the most beautiful dresses she’d ever seen.

They’re so pretty! Wait... that one there... it’s red, and would definitely fit my form really nicely!

Sin looked down at her hips.

Yep. I would rock that shit so damn hard! But... it’s got an opening at the chest... there’s also only 1 sleeve, on the right... But it’s got such a pretty black rose embroidery going all along the sleeve and down the right side! There’s an opening under the left arm all the way to the hips that shows off the left side of my torso... and a really revealing cut that would show off most of my left leg... Damn the front and back of the left side are only connected by a small chain at the waist?! I don’t think dad would...

*Smack*

Sin softly slapped her cheeks.

Rai had to do a double take, but he remembered that Sin was only sorting out her own thoughts by slapping herself like that. It was just one of her habits for getting into the right headspace.

Sindyl Raven! Forget what dad would think! I should do things like this for myself... and I want to look beautiful for myself... Plus... I’ve always wanted clothes like this that are a little sexy...

She made her mind up.

Sin turned to Rai with a beaming smile. “I know which one I want!”

He stared back at her looking slightly confused. “Eh? Already? Don’t you want to check out the other shops first?”

Sin shook her head. “It’s perfect Rai. Really, it’s perfect. I’ll go in and try it on, then haggle if it fits, so can you wait out here? I want it to be a surprise.” She’d noticed Rai enter a daze as soon as they came to the dress shop, which ended up working out in her favour as he didn’t see the dress in the window with her.

“Yeah sure, not a problem. There’s a small outdoor café just over there.” He pointed a couple shops down the square’s edge. “I’ll sit there until you’re done.”

“Yep! When I’m done, we’ll find something for you as well! Okay see ya in a bit!”

Rai smiled and waved at her as she dashed into the store.

He made his way over to the outdoor café seating area, which wasn’t empty by any means, but not completely full either, and then sat down.

Rai didn’t even realise that there was a dress there that Sin liked. I should pay more attention to the things she enjoys... then maybe I can surprise her with something like that myself!

Rai ordered a honeynut cookie, and a hot chocolate while he waited for Sin.

Sin entered the shop, and was blown away by just how many other dresses there were inside. She figured that there would be, but there were lots more mannequins wearing the dresses than she’d expected. She thought that most of them were really pretty.

“Welcome to Thorny Threads, how may I serve you today?” A lady who’d somehow snuck up beside her said.

Sin thought that the lady’s facial piercings were really familiar.

She looks a bit like Feris...

Sin shook her head.

“... Hi. I saw the red dress with the rose embroidery in the window, and was wondering if I could try it on?”

“Ooo. You’ve got an eye for quality I see. Hmm...” The lady looked Sin up and down a couple times. “I think it’ll fit you well.”

“I thought so too... I’d like to try it on please.”

“Of course! I’ll have you know that our tailor is a professional, and works privately for the important people in Zenith, if you catch my drift. This was a one-of-a-kind piece that they’d made for a client years ago, but the client ended up dying shortly after the dress was made. Since then, our tailor refused to sell the dress... but they decided to put it up on display a couple days ago. The dress wasn’t explicitly for sale, but it brought a lot of customers to our shop!”

“Wait... does that mean I can’t buy it?” Sin asked.

She began to look a little deflated. The story behind the dress only made her want it even more.

“Well... everything has its price. But this dress was made for more than just style... perhaps you’ll realise once you wear it.”

The lady took the dress down from the display, and got it ready for Sin to try on. They went to the dressing room at the back, and the lady handed the dress to Sin.

Sin was amazed at how incredible the stitching was. The dress was silky smooth, and cool. Somehow, it was also stretchy, which Sin found a little relieving since her hips weren’t exactly small. They weren’t too big either, but she thought that they were cute. Her chest wasn’t the biggest, which she was painfully conscious of given how... gifted Amy and Lina were. But the small window would definitely make her chest look a bit bigger, which Sin appreciated.

She went into the changing room to try it on.

“Wow...” Sin involuntarily whispered.

She looked at herself in the mirror. Sin moved her arms about, looked at herself from different angles, and even sat down on the little stool to see how it would feel.

The dress was perfect.

I LOVE the gap that goes down to my hip! My torso looks so good since I worked to keep fit, and my breast is just peeking out of the side which is so sexy! I didn’t realise before, but the rose fits me really well too! Gosh this dress is perfect for me!! I really really want it...

Wait... is that a mana sink INSIDE THE DRESS?! I can pour mana into it... but what does it do?

“How does it feel?” Sin heard the lady say from through the changing room door. She jumped in response.

“Oh! Uh, it’s... perfect. I’m speechless at how perfect it is!”

“I’m... glad to hear that... Come on out and show me!”

Sin opened the changing room door.

The lady was stunned. “You... look just like her...” She whispered under her breath.

“Sorry? I didn’t catch that.”

“Hmm? Oh no nothing! I was just saying how beautiful you looked. Those thorn tattoos really fit the dress’s theme well too!”

“Really? You’re too kind! This dress is beyond amazing. I don’t have words for how incredible it is! Also, what was that mana sink I felt earlier?”

“That warms my heart! The mana sink is for a special ‘function’ of the dress... Well, I guess you’ll be able to figure that out later since you’re now the dress’s owner.”

“...”

Sin stared at the lady with a blank face.

“... P-pardon?” She asked.

“You can have it. I went into the back and spoke with the tailor after you went into the changing room. They said that if it fits you well, then to let you have it at no charge.”

“... Uh... that feels wrong. I’ll pay you! Please let me pay you! I wouldn’t want to take something this perfect without paying for it in some way!”

“They said that you’ve paid them enough already. Please, take it.”

“No. I refuse to take it without paying you.”

“You’ll pay me by using the dress. Take it.”

“You made the dress, didn’t you? I’m not leaving unless you let me pay you!”

The lady’s eyes widened. “How... how’d you figure that out?!”

Ahah! I knew it!

“You said you spoke with the tailor, but I didn’t hear your footsteps leaving to go into the back.” Sin said with a smug face. “Also your pantsuit is so perfectly made that I had my suspicions in the first place. Anyway! The dress you made is amazing, and I will pay you!”

“... Okay fine you got me, I am the tailor... but I refuse to let you pay me! I want you to take it!”

“Nope! Here.” Sin summoned 2 platinum pieces from her rings. She held them up.

The lady looked at them in bewilderment.

“This is how much I think I should pay for this dress! You’ll take it and you’ll be happy about it!”

“No way! That’s way too much! I already feel satisfied that you’re the one wearing it, so just take the dress!”

“I. Refuse.” Sin grabbed the lady’s hand, and placed the 2 platinum pieces in it. She forcefully closed the lady’s hand, and froze her hand over.

“Oww!”

“It’ll thaw out in about 10 minutes. Place your hand under hot water for a few minutes after it thaws out, and you’ll be fine. I love this dress, and I will not let you give it away like that!”

Sin stomped back into the changing room to change back into her clothes.

The lady stared at the changing room door slamming. She was so very confused for a moment, before eventually chuckling to herself as her confusion wore off.

“... She’s so much like you too. What a wonderful daughter you’ve got there, Milly.” The tailor said to herself.

Sin left the changing room after a minute. She stomped over to the lady with a pout.

“I’m sorry for hurting you! You’re keeping my money though! Thank you for making such a beautiful dress!!” Sin yelled.

Sin left the shop without entertaining a response.

“... Wow. She’s exactly the same...” The lady said as she leaned back on her chair behind the counter.

*Thunk*

She placed her iced hand on the side of the chair. “M’lady... I really do miss you...”

“MAAA! WHERE’S THE FUCKING GREEN THREADS!” A voice came through the door to the backroom.

“... FUCK IF I KNOW FERIS!”

“GREAT! THANKS FOR NOTHING MA!”

She heard drawers opening and closing fast in the back.

Feris’s mother stifled a giggle, before going into the back to help her son.

“... THE FUCK IS THAT ON YOUR HAND?!” Feris screamed.

“... Rowdy customers, you know how it is.”

“EH?! I’ll kill ‘em!”

“No no, it’s fine Feris. They bought my oldest dress... so I’m happy for it.”

“... Oh? Alright then. Now, WHERE ARE THE GREEN THREADS?!”

“They’re right here.”

“Oh, thanks.”

6