Memories
113 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Thank you for your love for the story. It compelled me to bring forth the next chapter. Hope you share your feedback with me.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

"Spell" is being used.

You can join my Discord server by entering the code after / .

Tserhx2NzH

Enjoy.

Destined Saviour

Chapter 1

Memories

As he started going through Harry's memories, Naruto observed many things. Though his life was bad, he at least had his Jiji to help from time to time and Ichiraku's to talk to. But Harry had it worse.

If losing parents as a child is bad, losing them and subsequently getting pitted with the worst kind of relatives you ever imagine is the worst.

If Naruto was in Harry's place, he would have played wild pranks on them and driven them nuts. He shook his head, shaking off the negative thoughts.

Harry was not fed enough but was made to do all chores while their good-for-nothing whale son eat and eat and eat.

Though Naruto isn't allowed by many shops, he at least had the Ichiraku's if he needed to eat anything and Ramen was the food of Gods.

Speaking of Ramen, his stomach gave an involuntary grumble, pleading for the godsend. Naruto suppressed his urge to eat ramen and went through other memories.

The next 9 years of Harry's life continued similarly. Woken up violently, made to do all chores, eating what was left and doing chores again. Bullied in school and scolded for bad behaviour and being a freak.

Though Naruto had enough, he watched forcefully, noticing the stark similarities between their lives as they grew up. It went on until Harry got his Hogwarts acceptance letter.

That's when the actual chaos began for the young Potter boy. Naruto felt how scared Harry was when Vernon saw the acceptance letter and the flabbergasted and venomous face of his 'aunt'.

He knew Harry was going to get into hell, but surprisingly they told him to forget about it and proceeded to tear off the letter. Though it stung, Harry swallowed and did as told.

As he woke up to causally do the morning chores, hundreds of owls greeted him outside each carrying a letter. Their continued hoots woke up his 'relatives' and as they saw the parliament and were shell shocked.

Still deciding to not allow such 'freakishness', Vernon took a series of dumb decisions to push this under the rug. But at last on the 31st of July, on Harry's birthday, a large man softly barged in and requested Harry to attend Hogwarts with a greeting of his birthday. Their relatives had no option but to relent.

Naruto felt the excitement of the young Potter as he was introduced to the magical world and the absurd things that the world held. Naruto was also amazed by many things, though they are simple, they are very convenient.

Though Naruto himself can do many absurd things like Tree and Water walking, they are high-level things when compared to some self-stirring rods and moving photos.

Damn they were awesome and Naruto immediately wanted to pose for a moving photo, but as before, controlled himself. His control was surprisingly strong on his emotions and urges.

If everything was bursting with joy, he knew the voice in his head won't say all the best to be alive for long. And so curiously he watched as Harry made it to Hogwarts and the conversation with the Sorting Hat. Damn Ghosts spooked him and thoughts about this being fun came into his mind.

'I'm not going near them!' Naruto is determined as he is scared of ghosts.

For some reason, the Sorting ceremony felt important and Naruto paid extra attention to them. As the sorting ceremony completed, that's when he saw it.

The attention Harry had. The whole Gryffindor table congratulated him and the appreciation in their eyes only made his heart flutter in joy. Till then, it was just a small group of people congratulating him, but the reception Harry got when he walked toward Gryffindor was enough for Naruto to carry on for life.

'Thanks, Kyuubi. If it's not for you, I would have rotted there.' He mentally thanked his benefactor and continued going through the memories.

After some time, he didn't see anything wrong with the young raven-haired boy's life until he went to potions class and DADA class. Naruto knew something was fishy in both of them.

The grease ball took the best bully award in Naruto's books. Harry isn't just being bullied but also scorned for no reason and Naruto vowed to prank the bastard so hard that he shouldn't even dare to look him eye to eye. He hates bullies!

And DADA. The idiot had so much garlic, Naruto felt disgusted by nausea the smell is giving him even now.

Aside from that, everything was the same until Halloween. Naruto learned a few things on that day and felt the hole in Harry's heart even with many people around. He couldn't comprehend it.

No one cheered him when he grew up and helped him except a very few like Iruka-sensei and Ichiraku-Oji and Ayame-nee. But despite having many people around, Harry felt a hole in his heart.

'Why?' Is the only question that the blonde wants to be answered. He got his answer after that.

Of all the people that were around and cheering for Harry, no one understood him fully as a person and just respected him as a protector and Hero who defeated the 'Dark Lord'.

Naruto understood for the first time what it feels like to be lonely. Though Harry had many people around him, none of them came close to his heart and understood the young Potter.

Naruto on the other hand was alone, but though he felt lonely at times, he had people who understood him and embraced him when needed.

Even Harry's friends didn't understand him. While Hermoine always supported him and suggested good plans of action and Ron was always on his side, they couldn't understand him.

That's when the troll attack happened and Naruto had to stop himself from laughing at the dumb expression of the troll and had to stop from sighing at how close they were to dying.

He smiled bitterly, understanding why Harry was amused and wished him luck to survive. But he is Naruto Uzumaki, the unpredictable ninja in leaf.

If he was not, how could he come into this place and take over as Harry? He is confident he will survive against all odds.

With that determination and confidence, Naruto went through the rest of 2 years painfully. The second year has scared the shit out of him by the number of Ghosts he saw and of course, the Basilisk.

Naruto lifted his robe to see the small white scar left by the Basilisk. Though he had a very high healing factor, even it can't heal a scar like that.

Though the phoenix was awesome though. He wanted to ride it so badly after that, maybe he should ask the long beard old man for that.

'Meh, I'm sure the old man can be convinced.' He shrugged and went through another uncomfortable summer and this time greeted by a wanted man.

'Maybe I'll get a new surprise every year then.' Came a random thought and Naruto filed it away to think later.

As he went through Harry's third year, many things were revealed to him about the Hogsmeade and magical world as a whole and the chilling predictions of thick glasses women.

He is fed up with this divination and doesn't know why Harry continued the damn thing. Though he will use his wise brain and words to change the woman, it has long past that stage and is going to drop it.

Though Quidditch matches were amazing. Naruto wants to go and raid the Firebolt. It was awesome. Seeing Harry fly in the air like that excited him so much.

As he was going to dive into more Quidditch away from large killing snakes and professors, he was drawn towards light, jolting him awake.

"Nani!" He almost yelled but was stopped by a small hand.

"Great Harry Potter sir!" The thing said in a squeaky tone and Harry looked down to see a small creature with big eyes staring at him in worry. He knew who it was. Naruto saw him a few times. It's Dobby, the house elf.

"Dobby?" He said and Dobby nodded his head.

"Harry Potter sir is ok?" He asked, checking Harry for any wounds or injuries.

"Yes, I'm ok, Dobby. Shouldn't you be in kitchens, big guy?" Harry asked, Naruto switching to his usual speaking style.

"Dobby want to check if Great Harry Potter sir is alright," Dobby responded. That's when the biggest thing in his life wanted to make its presence known.

"Gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr," Harry's stomach roared with hunger as it's been more than a day since he last ate.

"Uh, I'm hungry," Harry said with an embarrassed chuckle and Dobby got determined eyes.

"Dobby can help," he said in a determined tone and when he was about to pop, Harry caught his hand.

"If possible, can you make ramen?" He asked tentatively.

"Ramen? The nudles with soup?" Dobby asked in confusion and Naruto nodded though he didn't get it. Sure, ramen has broth, but that doesn't mean it's soup. Whatever, if he gets ramen, that's enough.

"Yes, sir." Dobby saluted and vanished in a pop.

Harry patiently waited for a few minutes before the house elf popped in front of him with a few bowls of fully cooked ramen. Seeing it brought half life back to Harry's face.

"Itadakimas," Harry said, confusing the house elf and dove in with vigour. Dobby brought 5 bowls knowing that's the highest Harry would eat as he observes the Potter from a distance when eating.

But the Harry in front of him asked for seconds, thirds and after a full round of 7 full courses, he was full and Dobby watched with surprised eyes as the last Potter swallowed everything.

"That hits the spot. Thanks, Dobby." Harry said, rubbing his grown belly. Dobby nodded with starry eyes and popped away.

'Hmm, I'm not feeling sleepy and this body is extremely underdeveloped. Let's do some exercises.' Naruto thought and started with some regular pull-ups and push-ups.

As shinobi, they need to be fit. So almost everyone will do minimum daily exercises to keep their body fit and ready to respond to any situation.

His Jiji told Naruto to do some exercises when he was feeling bored in his childhood and though Naruto is not as obsessed with them as bushy brows or bushy brows sensei, he likes doing exercise.

His stamina only helps him in that and so he continued doing simple and basic exercises after forgetting to go through other memories.

When Madam Pomfrey came to check up on her regular patient, she found him using the beds and tables as workout equipment and juggling with them.

"What is the meaning of this, Mr Potter?" She said in a no nonsense tone and as Harry turned to her in confusion, all the furniture fell, breaking in the process.

"Oops," Harry said with a sheepish smile.

"What are you doing exactly?" She asked again, trying to make the boy answer.

"I couldn't sleep and nani happened and then oreva started to do some light exercises and watashi tachi here." He said, mixing the 2 languages, confusing the matron even further.

"I didn't think you are contracted with such fatal-" Harry recollected what he said and started vehemently nodding his head negative.

"I'm sorry, Madam Pomfrey. I have mingled with 2 languages. Anyway, I started doing exercises after I woke up sometime in the morning." He explained clearly. Though the matron was not convinced, she let it slide for now with narrowed eyes.

"I'll check you and if everything is alright, you can attend classes." She said and proceeded to move her wooden stick(which he forgot the name of) in all directions like he saw yesterday and nodded.

"You seem alright. Seems like you also gained some weight. That's good. You can go now and make sure to not get into too much trouble." She said with a sigh.

Harry Potter and trouble can't be separated from her experience but she can at least hope. She got a goofy smile in return, which she never saw on the teen's face.

"Oki. But I'm sure you will have some patients sooner or later. I'm off!" Harry ran, forgetting his robes and wand in the medical wing. As he opened the door, he came face to face with a wizened old man with a long beard.

"Old man!" Harry yelled in recognition which surprised the old headmaster. He knew he was old, but no one called him 'old man' this brazenly. Though he smiled widely.

"Seems you are alright, my boy." He replied in kind, which made the young teen smile broadly.

"As good as new. Can I eat some breakfast now? I'm hungry." Harry asked in a hurry and Dumbledore nodded.

"Thank you, bye old man," Harry said and ran in his casual clothing instead of Hogwarts once.

"I think you are missing these, Mr Potter." Madam Pomfrey walked to the entrance with Harry's robes and got a dattebayo from the raven-haired boy before he came back and took them and ran again.

They saw him run into different corridors back and forth and finally seeing him go into the correct corridor, they relaxed.

"He seems oddly energetic, Poppy," Dumbledore said and the matron sighed.

"You should have seen how he was when he woke up. He is juggling with beds and tables."

"Merlin's beard!"

"Yeah and yes he is more 'active' than usual. He is alright both physically and mentally. You think being with Dementors had some serious effects on him?" She asked with worry.

Though Harry always gets into trouble and lands in the hospital wing, she liked the boy as any other and being a regular patient, she had a soft spot for him.

"I can't be sure about it, Poppy. Maybe this is good as well. I don't want to disturb him and so I didn't visit him till now. I came to check now," he explained and Poppy nodded.

Both of them continued to think about the same Potter boy for different reasons and the said boy started creating chaos in the halls already.

With Harry

'Which Hallway again?' He thought as he tried to find the great hall to eat something. His stomach started growling again and nothing is better than eating a good meal after a good workout.

He found a large set of doors and walked into it to see what it is only to come face to face with a blonde ponce and his 2 goons. Harry bumped into them and 3 of them were thrown back by the force with which Harry knocked into them.

"Aaaahhhh," the blonde Malfoy groaned as he got knocked back with his 2 bodyguards by Harry.

He checked himself for any wounds and with the help of Crabb and Goyle, he stood up to see an amused Potter looking at him with a smirk.

"What are you amused about, Potter."

"Nothing. Those were not able to withstand me and you… let's not talk about that." Harry said and walked past him as if he was nothing.

"Why you!" Draco gritted his teeth and pointed his wand at the leaving Potter.

"Alarte Ascendare," said Draco, shooting a throwing charm at Harry.

"Do you think it will hit me?" Harry asked in a cold tone from Malfoys back, making him almost shit his pants.

"Yes. Be like a good little scary cat and get lost." He said a bit forcefully and Draco with his 2 large goons ran for their lives, scared of the Potter boy.

'Trying to prank me like that? Think twice. Prankster king from Hell is here.' Naruto laughed gleefully in his mind and went to the great hall.

He forgot about Wands and their importance here and doesn't even notice his wand in his robe as he confidently walked into the Great Hall.

He got varied reactions from the whole hall and his 2 friends started waving at him excitedly and calling toward them. He walked to them happily.

'At last, my friends.' Naruto thought as he sat between Ron and Hermoine. Several greetings followed and Harry revelled in glory as everyone asked about his health and how things are and everything else.

Someone even tried to test his hands and prodded him and though he didn't say anything, he did feel uncomfortable at that. Soon the greetings stopped and he was given a chance to eat.

Seeing all the delicious dishes in front of him, Harry jumped in, eating everything his eyes landed on. For some reason, he was graceful in all this. Harry's disciplined eating may be stronger than Naruto's savagery.

And so as soon as he was done, all the dishes vanished and though Harry saw it many times, he was amazed.

The old man at the central table stood up and walked up to the podium to the side and everyone looked at him with attention.

"Good morning students. As you have watered and fed, I have some important announcements." Dumbeldore said, getting everyone's attention.

"As you might have known, the whole Sirius Black fiasco is over for us, unlike last year, your exams will start tomorrow." He got a lot of damns and no's from students from all benches and it suddenly threw Naruto into mortal terror.

'Wait, I should study now? Damn no, no, no. I don't remember anything other than subject names and they are hard. Why, why, why?' He ran like a headless chicken in his mind.

"Here is the schedule for third years." The old man said, Naruto missing the first 2 years in his panic.

"Wednesday: Transfiguration, Charms, Arithmancy and Study of Ancient Runes. Thursday: Care of Magical Creatures, Potions, Astronomy. Friday: History of Magic, Herbology. Saturday: Defence Against the Dark Arts, Divination, Muggle Studies." He said and everyone started to talk about the announced schedule and many plans were made at the table.

"I have read everything. You two should read when I have told you." Hermione said with her nose high up. Harry went into a frenzy at that.

"I'll leave you with that, students. Enjoy your day." The long beard old man said with a wink and left them. Hell broke loose as everyone dashed for the exit.

Harry was in his thoughts, trying his best to think of a way to remember something or anything about the subjects or syllabus.

'Wait I can do that! Ye-'. It's when Hermione chose to interrupt him.

"Harry, will you come with me to the library or are you 2 going to study like last time?" She asked as she packed everything she brought. He robotically turned to her.

"I'll come." He said and went with her, his idea slowly giving him a way to overcome the predicament. A wide smile came to his face after realising how fun it was going to be when he write exams.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me, what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Don't forget to hop in the server and say hi.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

3