Memorable Feast
66 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Destined Saviour. Hope you share your feedback with me. If you are curious to know the Update schedule and results of the poll and talk to me in general, join my server where I'm active.

As many have curious, I made a poll on my server about the things followed Naruto's Departure. If you want to make it happen, join the server and vote in it.

To join my Discord Server - Infinity Sanctum now, enter the code after / .

Tserhx2NzH

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltonguewill/memories'

"Spell" is being used.

Enjoy.

Destined Saviour

Chapter 3

Memorable Feast

"Let the year-end examinations of 1993-1994 begin," Professor McGonagall said and everyone heard a bell chiming, signifying the beginning of the examinations.

The questions were distributed and Harry saw the Transfiguration paper and smirked in his mind. 'Perfect. Now let's get started.' He thought, laxly going through the paper.

Exam after exam, he wrote all of them with ease and made sure to make mistakes in some places to not raise any suspicion about his sudden intelligence and the week passed in remembering and writing the papers for Harry.

When he was about to relax, he was told about the practical part of the exam where they have to perform at least one of the assignments they were taught during the year. He sighed at that. 'Great. Just what I want now.' He facepalmed.

Harry was a headless chicken on that day. Though to his fortune, his name is in the middle of the group so he is half safe as he can learn from other students who are doing and his clones learn simultaneously.

Though he acted out of character, his friends were no worse as they didn't find anything wrong with him and even though he was acting more idiotic like Ron, Harry knew the ginger head is a bad influence on him. Harry decided to think things through after all this was over as he has enough on his hands now.

He is adapting to this world, but it was a bad time for him as he didn't have much time. That was also a blessing as he won't interact with many due to everyone worrying about exams and he can adjust by the time they actually pay attention.

"Mr Potter, please come here," Professor Sprout called and Harry moved towards her. It was their Herbology practical time and Naruto knew something about plants as he used to grow them, but he didn't know anything about the magical plants in front of him.

"Mr Potter, can you make these plants grow faster?" She asked in a calm tone and Harry's brain burst into activity to remember the spell and found it from a memory when Neville showed him and Harry took his wand out and used the spell.

He felt something off with the wand. Naruto can remember the feeling Harry got when he held his wand, but this feeling he was getting was like dead wood, which fell from a tree, no longer useful.

The feeling gave Harry involuntary shudders as the Holly wand with Phoenix feather was his first wand and he liked it so much. He pushed through the feeling and used the spell and it was successful.

The plants grew a few inches instead of a good few feet he knew they should from his previous attempts but he got an approving look from Professor Sprout nonetheless.

"Excellent, Mr Potter. Now tell me, what is this plant and what does it do? Extra marks if you can perform what it is used for." She asked, showing a cactus-like plant and Harry knew what it was.

Neville was very nervous to show it but he finally showed him what the plant was and went on an hour-long lecture about its uses. He must thank Neville.

"The Mimbulus mimbletonia was a very rare magical plant, surmised to have originated in Assyria. It was most notable for its pulsating and squirming nature and its unique defence mechanism.

When prodded, a substance called Stinksap was squirted out from the boils on the surface of the plant. Stinksap was a non-poisonous liquid and was described as dark green and smelling like "rancid manure"." Harry said confidently.

He poked one of the boils and as explained, Stinksap was released. Though everyone didn't like the look of it, they endured and Harry was satisfied that he did well as his assessment was done.

Everyone's test was soon completed and they headed to the dungeons for Potions practicals. Harry dreaded this most of all because of many things.

The main reason will always be his dislike of the Professor and their mutual interest in it. Both didn't like each other though Harry followed after the man started in his first year.

Snape has this particular murderous expression as if he wants to kill Harry yet can't bring himself to do it for some reason. Harry didn't want to know why and ignored his existence mostly.

Even now, he knows he will get a B at best and an A if the man is feeling generous, which he always won't. Then comes the incident of his stunt.

Harry can still feel the phantom pain and effort his bat clone had to put in after being shot by the grease ball and though he can't spill it out, he wants to take revenge in some way.

That's when Harry got an idea. His mischievous smile was noticed by none. Even a grieving Ron, who can't keep up with the Potter boy in speed. They all soon reached the Potions class and got into their normal potions positions.

"So you all are confident that you can pass the practical? I verified your scripts and your performance was abysmal as usual. I shouldn't have expected more from a bunch of dunderheads like you." Snape said with a sneer.

"Make 3 vials of Shrinking Potion and Potter, and make 2 vials of Wit Sharpening Potion as well, I'll store it for you when you come next year," Snape said from his table and as this is a practical exam, all ingredients were already arranged on their tables.

Harry knew how his ingredients would be and didn't bother using them. He walked up to the ingredients drawer and picked the good ones from the available few and arranged them in order.

A blonde girl from Slytherin was brewing her potion before him and Harry didn't mind her and started brewing his.

As he knew he will be asked to brew something advanced, he learnt some of the more difficult potions of Year 4. The Potions Snape asked were not on the checklist of the Question paper and Harry knew better than to trust a Question paper when it comes to Snape.

He knew how the Shrinking Potion works as poor Neville was badly traumatised by it during a class this year and started brewing it. If his result was acid green, he was successful.

With that thought in mind, Harry started when the memories of his clones hit him. He closed his eyes to reduce the strain on his mind and went through the ingredients and instructions.

Ingredients-

- Minced daisy roots

- Peeled Shrivelfig

- Sliced caterpillars

- One rat spleen

- A dash of leech juice

- A splash of cowbane

- Wormwood

There was something about the inventor and stuff about how skilled he was and then followed the instructions.

Brewing instructions-

Juice two Shrivelfigs and add their ruby blood to your cauldron.

(Stir slowly.)

- Gently heat your potion.

- Chop four daisy roots more finely and add to the cauldron.

- Add five hairy caterpillars.

- Add well-shaken wormwood.

- Stir vigorously.

- Juice four leeches and add.

- Stir slowly and with caution.

- Shake rat spleen and add to cauldron.

- Add a splash of cowbane.

(Stir slowly.)

- Heat at a high temperature.

- Cast the Shrinking Charm.

The potion turned green and Harry was happy with it. He filled them in vials and started making the second portion. The Wit Sharpening Potion. A new set of memories hit him and he started making the Potion.

He observed how the blonde girl was looking at him in interest and turned to her with a charming smirk and arranged his ingredients. It was a difficult potion as it is OWLs level one, and Harry tried his best.

Wit-Sharpening Potion-

Ingredients-

- Ground scarab beetles

- Cut ginger roots

- Armadillo bile

- Newt spleens

Brewing instructions-

• This potion is completed in a cauldron

- Mix in Ginger Root until lime green.

- Mix Armadillo bile until blue.

- Mix Ground Scarab Beetles until red.

- Remix Armadillo Bile until the red liquid is yellow. (Not dark green)

- Remix Ginger Roots until the brew is lime green.

- Mix Armadillo Bile until the potion is purple.

Harry carefully followed all instructions and patiently waited for the Potion to complete. After following through with everything, his potion turned pink instead of purple and he lost hope at that.

He sighed and started transferring it to a vile when it turned purple, which made him almost drop a vial. He knew he saw something move, but was not clear and shrugged it as his luck. Harry caught the vial before it spilt and carefully scanned it.

It is a perfect purple which means the potion was successful. Most of the class was looking at him in interest as their one Potion was completed and Snape also noticed his near drop.

"Can't you properly care for a Potion, Potter? 10 points from Gryffindor. Now put your submissions with your name labelled on them and get lost." He ordered and everyone did as instructed and left.

Even the Slytherins in the room were scared of the man and didn't question him, including Draco, who didn't brew any potion. They reached the Great Hall for lunch.

Harry didn't show any visible anger and everyone was surprised by it. Harry would generally be angry at the git and will be showing his frustration. But Harry in front of them had a smile. They didn't know what to worry about.

Harry, who is not showing emotions or Snape who is being his normal self and decided to go with the latter and worried about the Slytherin head, knowing Harry will bounce back.

No one came forward to ask if anything was wrong with the Potter child, they went their own ways and this only proved Harry Potter's loneliness to the otherworldly Ninja.

'Should have known they won't care about me.' Naruto screamed in his mind and went to eat lunch. It was a quiet affair as everyone talked about their practical exams including Ron and Hermione who left him alone.

Harry ate his lunch and determined one thing. If he is going to have friends, they are going to be true friends unlike the people around him. He silently walked towards the temporary headquarters he made as he still had some time before the Transfiguration exam.

He didn't know if he liked solitude or not as he always craved attention in the shinobi world. He got that attention here, but it is with a drawback. They only care when he is needed.

Like when people are in danger, they want someone to be their saviour, and that will be him. When things are going alright and they are happy, they don't give a damn about the same saviour and even ignore him.

'What hypocrisy. I should have known better than to think they would care for me and my health. Everything happened last year and this year is just the proof required.' Naruto thought, shaking his head.

'They were sheep, they will be sheep. They always trust the butcher and accuse the shepherd.' Is a saying Harry remembered reading. He lost in the accuracy of the saying for the rest of the break.

The bell chimed, signifying the start of the exam and Harry scrambled to reach the Transfiguration class. He knew he would be late, but he tried.

Transfiguration Class

"Potter, Harry," Professor McGonagall called. But she didn't get any reply. She looked up and scanned the class for the raven-haired boy. She didn't find him.

"Harry is missing since lun-"

"May I come in, Professor?" Harry asked, a bit out of breath. McGonagall gave him a second to recover and after he recovered, she let him in.

"Can you explain what an Animagus is, Mr Potter?" She asked as he took one of the empty seats. Harry nodded.

"An Animagus is a witch or wizard who can transform themselves into an animal and back again at will. It was a learned skill, unlike the hereditary. We have a total of 7 known Animagi." Harry quoted and everyone clapped. McGonagall gave him an approving nod. After that small test, she started on their practicals.

"Students, you will be turning an Owl to Opera Glass and show me the Draconifors Spell for your practical portion. Please step forward when I call your name." She said and started calling at random.

Few Hours Later

As the Transfiguration practical is over, it marks the end of all exams as their DADA practicals were cancelled following the tradition of all years of Harry's study at Hogwarts.

Since his first year, DADA practicals didn't take place once. First year it was Quirrell dying. Second year Lockhart lost his memories and Dumbledore cancelled all exams and now they heard Professor Lupin resigned from his job.

It's as if someone jinxed the post of DADA or something. With a shake of his head, Harry tuned into the year-end feast. He dug in and filled his stomach to the brim with whatever food he could see and had a happy face when the Headmaster started speaking.

"Now that your hunger and thirst were taken care of, let's talk about the events that transpired in the last year. Before that, as you all know, your results will be delivered with the next year's book list in July. Unfortunately, Professor Lupin has officially resigned from his job due to personal reasons." He said with disappointment and gave a dramatic pause.

"As you all know, this year has not been an easy one with Dementors and Sirius Black's break-in during the school. We all have to go through so many things that may be seen as unimaginable to others but remember students, experience is a good teacher. Learn from it." Dumbledore said with a wide smile.

"Now, it's finally time to announce the House Cup," Dumbledore saw the excitement in all students as they started talking about the house cup with their friends. He announced all the points for the year which resulted in Ravenclaw being first followed by Gryffindor and Hufflepuff with Slytherin being last.

Everyone knew what follows and the Slytherins started grinding their teeth as the Headmaster started speaking.

"As for the additions, I would like to give 50 points to both Slytherin and Gryffindor for their excellent conduct and sportsmanship," said Dumbledore with a smile. What he said surprised everyone, even Snape.

The old man is not generally the one to give points to Slytherin from his past experiences. But Snape saw through his ruse. It's just other ways he cooked to give points to those brainless lions.

Students who didn't know Dumbledore enough aka first years thought he was being fair, poor souls. Dumbledore turned to the staff table after that, prompting them to continue.

"I have no additions to make this year," Professor Flitwick spoke first with a sigh.

"Yes, I do not have any additions either." McGonagall continued, fed up with the Headmaster's last-moment additions and tipping the scales.

"I will give 25 points to Gryffindor," said Professor Sprout. Though she is as fed up as McGonagall on the matter, she liked the kids and Neviell's performance demands it. And the attention shifted to Snape. He had his patented scowl on his face.

"No additions," he said, further disappointing the Headmaster, whose twinkling eyes dimmed at the rejection of his wonderful plan for Gryffindor's victory.

"Though the additions were considerate, Gryffindor is still behind Ravenclaw and so, the winner of this year's House Cup is… Ravenclaw!" Dumbledore said excitedly and the banners changed to the colours of Ravenclaw and all the students at Ravenclaw table cheered.

They all were happy that they at least escaped the last-minute additions, which became a nuisance to them as everything they worked hard during the year will go down the drain with Gryffindor's swooping in and grabbing the cup every year, now the fair system revealed the true winners.

Puffs are joyous as well as their friends at Ravenclaw won the cup and not the chaotic Gryffindors again. Though they made a mistake last year, they apologised and didn't have the same guilt pushing them this year.

The Slytherins were very vocal about their joy as their rivals didn't win the cup. If their head of house giving points for simple things annoyed some, the Headmaster making some last-minute vo-doo and pushing the cup to Gryffindor's annoyed everyone.

"I call upon the Head Boy and Head Girl, to hand over the cup to the Ravenclaw," Dumbledore announced and the cup was revealed, which shocked everyone.

"Sir, the Cup… is not there." Professor McGonagall said as the Headmaster was posing and twinkling to the students. The speed at which he turned his head would have killed anyone.

"What!?" Dumbledore's voice thundered across the Great Hall, shocking many as they thought the old man was tricking them till now. Immediately, all eyes turned to cackling Weasley twins.

Though the House Cup was not there, they replaced it with a note that said 'My revenge for your past actions. Now have fun with a weird yellow paint blob on it.' Having many eyes on them made the prankster twins nervous.

"Go bring the spare cup," Dumbeldore ordered as he can't find a solution to the problem until the thief is found and the spare cup was presented to Ravenclaw, everyone clapping for their performance while a certain Potter can't stop himself.

Dumbledore knew the Weasley twins won't do something high level like this, but he never know. He will definitely have a look into the school's security wards and make some changes as Sirius's break-in twice already painted a bad image on him.

He did his duty and congratulated the Ravenclaws and let them continue their celebration. Things don't look good, but he is Albus Dumbledore for a reason. That thought gave him much relief and he oversaw the celebrations.

Harry, on the other hand, had to bite his tongue to stop himself from laughing. The dumbfounded faces of Fred and George are irresistible to stop himself and Percy's expression wasn't far as well.

After the cup presentation was over and it was sent to the Trophy room, everyone started moving to the Hogsmead station for the summer.

"Hogwarts will be waiting for you with open doors next year. Enjoy the summer, students!" Dumbeldore gave his send-off as the Hogwarts express departed from the Hogsmead station to London.

A certain Potter was dancing in joy as he managed to keep his cover while his 2 friends dragged him around the carriages to talk with their friends.

'Damn it. I can't lose these 2.' Naruto grumbled as he followed them to more awkward conversations. Though he is happy that the summer started and he can relax now.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you all liked it. Tell me, what you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

2