Epilogue
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amber opens the door to what was once the quarters where Noelle lived. It is empty, save for the bed and other furnishings, but her personal belongings are all but vanished. The golden Knight of Favonius crest which Noelle once wore on her belt is laid down on top of her former desk.

It has been a year since Noelle has left us. Maybe it is indeed for the best, if fate has decided.

"Noelle..." Amber said, looking out of the window that overlooked the city.

At the Adventurers' Guild reception desk, Bennett runs over to Mona and Fischl who were waiting for him.

"Hey~! Sorry for being late!"

He stops in front of them, after seeing Mona curiously looking at a constellation.

"What is it, Mona?"

"Parma Cordis suddenly became unreadable a year ago, and I'm still investigating it."

"So the whole reason you were absent is because of that? Wait, Parma Cordis... Isn't that Noelle's constellation?"

"I hath theorized that the Maid guised as a chivalrous knight hath finally blossomed, and embraced her freedom in Celestia."

"Mein Fraulein meant that this Noelle you spoke of has finally found a place for her up there..." Oz replied, looking at the skies above.

"Oh, Amy. That is just your theory, I'm still looking for the factual evidence!"

"Who is the wench thy called Amy, beloved astrologist? I am Fischl, Prinzessin der Verurteilung, Sovereign of Immernachtreich, omniscient and eminent judge of all the world's iniquity!"

"Wait, Amy? Beloved astrologist?" Bennett raised an index finger, only to receive a punch in the face by the both of them, who left without him afterwards.

At the cathedral, Jean looked as Barbara knelt down and prayed to Barbatos, inviting a small smile from the Acting Grandmaster. Barbara then finished her prayer a minute later, and sat down at the pew, next to Jean. Diluc and Rosaria later joined in, Rosaria noticing that Barbara is being unsociable at the moment.

"What is wrong, Barbara? Finally had enough of your job?" That question led to her getting hit in the hip by an angry Jean's elbow.

"It's nothing. I was just praying about Noelle, and may Lord Barbatos watch over her wherever she is right now."

Barbara held back her tears, as the people in the church began to leave, Barbara included. She walks over to Good Hunter, her head bobbed down, looking at the ground all the time. When she raised her head, she widened her eyes at what she is seeing in front of her.

A girl with short lavender hair, and olive green eyes, wearing the combination of a knight's armor and a maid's uniform, sitting on one of the chairs feasting on a plate of salad. The girl looked up at Barbara, and gave her a warm smile while closing her eyes.

"Noelle...!?"

When Barbara got too close, the girl vanished without a trace. Her smile turns into a sad frown, before suddenly she heard a voice within her.

"Do not worry, Barbara. Live on happily, in the city you called home."

Barbara smiled afterwards, as a single tear left her right eye, and she went on to order a meal from Sara.

Meanwhile, far away from Mondstadt, in a huge sprawling desert under the violent sunlight, three pairs of footsteps were seen, walking over to the horizon towards an unknown destination.

Noelle's journey will continue on, in "Return of The Maid-Knight"

2