Chapter 13 : Making a deal
248 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the ambush was executed, Louis and I departed the city overnight.

I truly wanted to kill that cretin with my hand for plotting something so awful, but Louis advised us to be patient.

He remarked, "If we assassinate the mayor without reason, the city would be in chaos, and the authorities may riot." That's why I have to set my desires aside and focus on the advantages of the astraphor home first.''

Whelp, It's not that I'm furious at him; it's just that if he wanted to murder me, he should have done it bravely, not like some coward who sends assassins with instructions to kill me. What a fucking loser. He didn't even want to face me.

The strangest thing I discovered was why he would try to kill me in the first place. According to what I've heard from my father, the mayor is his boyhood friend, so why would he wish to assassinate his buddy's kid, who is the heir? Wait, in most of the movies I've seen, the closest person ends out to be the villain. Yeah, I'm a fucking Genius for figuring this out.

But that doesn't explain why he's doing it or what he'll gain from it.

"Young master, I asked the coachmen, and he told it would take us 8 hours to get there." We were now on our way to Astrophar Main Mansion in a carriage.

Wolf cries, and bug sounds may be heard from outside.

This sound reminds me of a trekking vacation I took with my family. That was such a lovely experience. At the time, my father was still living.

My eyes welled up with tears as I reflected on my prior experiences.

It was difficult for me and my mother when my father died. She had to start working to keep me safe and provide me with a better living. Everything in one was difficult.

In my original world, I was a playboy, but I never wavered in my studies; I was the first student in the school, something mum was extremely pleased of. It breaks my heart to think of how my mother is doing without me.

Coming into this world, I understood that All Those Novels tell falsehoods since they demonstrate that the person who was iseka'd don't care about his previous life in his original world and instead concentrates on his new fantasy existence, which is a plain lie in real life. It's a whole different tale. Whatever happened in my prior life has prevented me from moving on. If I can discover a method to return to my native reality, I will do so.

Let's get back to the original topic, Hum. What was the name of that chubby mayor again? Nomada, Luthor What a strange coincidence. My teacher has the same name. Above all, I need to look into this matter.

We arrived at Ayanagi after eight hours of nonstop driving. It's right next to Aizar, the second largest city under Astraphor House.

The major astraphor house is located in Ayanagi. The Ayanagi estate stretches around 900 kilometers. There are several farm fields here, as well as three communities. It seems like you're in the country, but you're not. While it contains country-style elements, it also has modernity. The barriers ruin the entire estate. And at the entryway, there is a magnificent statue that is a mystical relic that guards the estate. The Ayanagi estate boasts a magnificently curving road, and both the street and the air are clean. The estate employs 700 people only to maintain the environment clean.

The main palace of Astraphor comprises 828,000 square feet of living area and 775 rooms. It also includes 240 beds, 52 of which are royal rooms and the remaining 188 are for staff members. (Running the monarchy requires a community.) There are additionally 92 offices and 78 bathrooms in the palace.

It also has a large garden connected to it. The park has a three-acre lake and a 156-meter boundary wall covered with flowers and vegetation. There is also a tennis court in the grounds.

The time was 6:00 a.m. when we arrived at the palace.

As I stepped out of the carriage with Louis, there was a line of maids waiting in front of us, their heads down.

I began to move past them as they all cried, "Welcome back, master!" Why do they have to make such a huge deal out of this? It's not like I was in a combat and came out triumphant. If they continue to do this, I may grow hooked to this type of hospitality, which is really dangerous.

As I entered the living room, I noticed my mother standing there, her eyes wide with excitement.

"You've returned, my son." "Please come give Mamaa a hug." I let her hug me because I lacked the power to resist her.

"Oh, mum, the thing you asked me to get you... It's right here. " Do you like it?" I grab the package from Louis's grasp and present it to Mom.

Yes, "a pendant" is what she desired on the day of my departure.

She kissed the pendant and embraced it with tears in her eyes.

"I'll Never Sob* Forget This Sob* Gift," she says." She sobbed and held me once more.

 Consoling her. I told the maid to take her into the room.

"Hey, you there." Do you know where your dad is? " I approached a nearby maid and inquired about my father.

"Louis, I'm going to sleep." Wake me up at noon for lunch. We must go somewhere."

"All right, young master.. But, young master, could you please tell me where you intend to go ahead of time? If so, I can make the necessary preparations right now. "

"Oh, It's a secret, for now , see you at lunch," I said as I drifted off to my room for a nap.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

(Unknown location)

"Do you even understand what you're saying, Cedric?"

42 individuals stand in a large location within a forest.

Cedric Astraphor and Minister Alfred Noviski were sitting face to face in that group. as 20 soldiers stood behind them conversing.

"Calm down, Alfred; you're making a big deal out of nothing." 

"Cedric," even if you do, can you imagine what would happen if the royal family found out? If they discover that you located the kid named in the prophecy and kept it concealed from them, they would undoubtedly murder you and ruin the astraphor family you have long cherished."

"Alfred, I realize what a danger I'm taking over here, but that child is so innocent and cute that you'd want to protect him if you saw his face." He is reflection of my late son. That's why I'm prepared to defend him at any length." 

" B-but Cedric, if they find out.

''So you're suggesting I give him to the kingdom, and then you see him being exploited by them in their sordid political strife? It's not a huge deal for me."

"OK, I got it; now, what do you want from me?"

"It's nothing valuable. All I need is your word on it.

You will keep my kid safe at the academy.  That's all I have to say about it.''

"I can offer you my word on it, but I can't promise anything. If you're OK with that, it's a done deal." Cedric smiled and nodded.

"I am completely satisfied."

They shook their heads as they rose from their seats, turned to each carriage, and exited the area with their respective guards.

But they had no idea that a group of people not far away was discreetly observing the entire ordeal.

"Sir, it appears that they have made some sort of agreement. We couldn't hear much of the conversation because of the magical barrier, but we did learn what they were discussing: Cedric Astraphor's son."

A group of ten people wearing royal insignia on their white uniforms stood guard over the talk.

They received information from an unknown source that an unauthorized gathering would be held in this region.

"And what about him? What were they talking about if he's no longer alive?"

"Sir, I'd want to correct you on that. True, Cedric Astraphor's son was killed in an ambush, but he has lately adopted a kid."

"Ah, I see." Have they issued any formal pronouncements on the subject?"

"They sent a file for adopting the youngster in Astraphor House, and it was approved by the Committee of Ministers."

"Very clever, as anticipated of Cedric Astraphor." Okay, we'll go to the royal capital and inform the royal Highness as soon as possible."

3