Chapter 16: The banquet [1]
151 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What about them? Does they have picked fight with the guards or thereten someone?"

"Sir, you see, they have brought 30 carriages and 4,000 soldiers to the capital and are requesting access."

The old man's eyes widened as he asked, sounding distressed.

"Are you certain there are four thousand soldiers with the Astrophar House heir?"

"Yes sir, our scouting division has confirmed it with four thousand soldiers. They also have 30 carriages."

"Humm,do they have any sort of permit with them? if so, let them in. " The old man ordered the gatekeeper.

In the Kingdom of Midgar, it seems to be the way other royal houses demonstrate their wealth and military prowess in this particular event.

...

Countless warriors go through the regal capital's street as the spectators look at them with awe and interest.

"Hello, Louis. I can't stand the dullness any longer. Have we arrived yet? I'd want to get some fresh air "Daniel stated impatiently.

"As you are aware, we have arrived at the capital. But, because of the amount of soldiers we've brought with us, we're a little late, but don't worry, we've spoken with the city guards and there shouldn't be any difficulties. Just a little longer, and you'll be introduced to the people and nobility of the realm." Louis expressed his enthusiasm.

'He's having a great time, and I'm bothering myself by envisioning how I would deal with the situation.'In general, all through this excursion, Daniel has been extremely anxious about gathering new individuals and communicating with Honorable's, which was very difficult for him to say. Conversing with a typical 21st century young lady was what was happening, and conversing with an honorable young lady is a ton unique. which Daniel accepted

Outside the carriage stood two individuals, next to each other, strolling towards the imperial foundation with 600 fighters and 30 carriages following them as they followed it from behind.

"Have you placed our officers into post?" "James. He shared with the warrior alongside him.

"Indeed, sire, our 2400 fighters are currently allotted to the Serval posts of Astraphor House."

He gestured and took a gander at the entryway of the institute course, which was enlivened and monitored by Serval supreme warriors.

"Indeed, it appears we are here. Go illuminate young master to be ready'' The fighter, regarding his unrivaled orders, bowed prior to heading towards the gradually moving carriage of Daniel.

...

The groups' cheers got stronger as they saw an blue-shaded carriage with the insignia of a sword.

This was, as a matter of fact, Cooper's family badge, and inside the carriage was Veronica.

The carriages are held at the edge of the honorary pathway. Three men headed towards the carriage and opened the entryway.

Individuals looked at the carriage entrance as they generally enthusiastically anticipated the delightful Veronica Cooper, one of the jewels that the Realm of Midgar had.

The maid's in her carriage fixed her dress and said she was alright to head outside.

She turned to face the throng, which was waiting for her with bated breath. Seeing intrigued.

But then she flashed a stunning grin, which enhanced her already stunning attractiveness.

She took a deep breath and stepped off the carriage.

The group saw the purported precious stone as she turned out In a delightful Purplish Blue dress, her hair was flawlessly embellished with fine blossoms. giving her an impression of a heavenly messenger.

She began to walk gently on the carpet while the audience applauded her.

The carriages advanced to the parking area.

As she made her way towards the academy's entrance. She Noticed the ground was Shaking and the crowd's cheering was also Quite down.

"Daniel Astraphor has arrived from Astraphor House." She looked back to see when the announcement arrived. Thirty ash-colored carriages emerged, each with the symbol of a person holding a book in his left hand and a sword in his right. Following the carriage were a large number of soldiers carrying the astraphor house emblem to their chest.

The audience remained silent as it viewed the scene. In The Astraphor, the house is respected across the kingdom, but not in the capital, which is under the rule of the royal family. People in this region regard them as neutral. Astraphor, according to history, joined with the royal faction and battled with them. But there was something else that happened throughout that occurrence. The main reason the royal supremacist side lost the battle was due to Astraphor House's withdrawal, which left the royal supremacists with a huge wound that contributed to their defeat. As a result, the royal family maintains a vendetta towards the Astraphor family. Almost all of them do. The Astraphor house is fortunate because of their commitment to keeping the Sorcerer kingdom in check and defending the huge forest of Norgan and the border. It's also for monetary reasons.

Thanks to that, the kingdom and the other nobles cannot harm the astraphor house by any political means. Because of the minister council's support for the astraphor house, even the king must think twice before acting hastily.

The middle carriage of the 30 halted in front of the red carpet. Three academy employees followed the same routine and went to open the doors. The Astraphor house guards stopped them and ordered them to leave this to them.

"Everyone is waiting for you inside, Miss." An Academy employee approaches Veronica, who is peering into the carriage. In a few seconds, the astraphor house's new adopted son will appear.

"Oh, well, it appears I was spacing out," she replied as she began to move towards the door.

The crowd had already forgotten that Veronica Cooper was still up there after only a few minutes. Their whole attention was focused on the astraphor house's sole son.

"I knew this shitt would be hard," Daniel said nervously.

"People are waiting for you to come out, young master; if you delay any longer, it will seem horrible. So be daring and put yourself  infront the world."

"It's the people outside, not the world."

"Uh? It's all the same.  Now go, would you?"

Fixing his hair for one final time, he gets out of the carriage and, in his view, comes There were a many individuals gazing at him as they were reviewing him start to finish . Many individuals become flushed as they saw the substance of Daniel. His silver hair tenderly shakes in the breeze. His pale white skin sparkles in the daylight. His look was like a suffocating ocean in which individuals needed to swim day in and day out. All His viewpoints resembled a gift to itself.

The peaceful audience surged in support of the astraphor house, Heir.

'Did I do anything strange that people are rooting for me?'

Nonetheless, he began to go towards the door while two soldiers guarded him from behind.

As he proceeded, he noticed a girl in an Azure Blue gown entering the hall.

'Hum? She appears to be familiar. Perhaps someone from the game's plot. 'She looked lovely, but I hope she doesn't turn out to be the villain.'

They arrived in the academy's hallway after briefly walking up.

Daniel paused in his feat and looked around. In front of him was a banquet where the academy's new students were chattering and conversing amongst themselves, flaunting their precious belongings.

There were two camps: the commoner class and the Nobel class, both of which were having a good time. Daniel also recognized several of them as the key characters from the game.

"So, what should I do now?" He expressed his thoughts aloud

The students in each group moved their gazes to the newcomer, who was definitely Daniel who stood alone.

He noticed everyone was staring at him With a mixture of expressions A few of them were curiously glancing at him , which was mostly within the commoner class. and a few of them with clear hostility. Which was the case within the nobility.

Ignoring their stares, he strolled to an empty table in the corner and, with a solemn expression, picked a book from nowhere and began to read it.

'It's the most effective approach to avoid everyone. I'm delighted I bought this book. along with me'

Even still, they were all staring at him, not looking anyplace else."Daniel Astraphor, isn't this the renowned Astraphor house?"

Someone called to him just as he was attempting to avoid their stares. When he turned around, he noticed a youngster with Scrawny eyes and a smile on his face.

Daniel squinted his eyes for a second before returning his response.

"Ahh, you must be Nilsen Dominique."

"I'm astounded that Sir Daniel knows my name." He approached the table, smiling, and asked Daniel if he may seat, to which Daniel answered, "Sure."

'What is he Scheming?' Daniel's concerns were well-founded, since the guy in front of him was a really nasty and despicable individual willing to go to any length to achieve his aim. Dominique Nilsen The Dominique family's second son was one of the key protagonists in "Lost City of Love." In the game, he was quite helpful to the heroine with her tasks. However, there is a catch. In the game, the heroine is unaware of Nilsen's true identity. She had no idea that the assistance she got from him had resulted in the deaths of many people.

But Daniel, who is aware of his true nature, gets a chill simply seeing him smile at him.

"How is Sir Daniel adjusting to his new life?"

"Why do you inquire? I'm curious "This crucial inquiry may appear strange. Regarding the situation, but Daniel had a good cause for asking this.

His smile faded as he smirked and responded, "Oh, I simply asked out of pity for you." You used to be a peasant, didn't you? So I figured, why don't I assist you with acclimating to nobility? I'll take you under my wing. You should be glad that I've come to you and am approaching you with such dignity. " Daniel, on the other hand, thought over a hundred times throughout this period to murder him as he shouted his mind out.

"Are you paying attention?" Nilsen inquired as he noticed Daniels' gaze drifting elsewhere.

"Unfortunately, I understand that you despise me. I'm not sure about the past, but you're asking me to work for you on the first day of our academic year.Like seriously?" Daniel spoke with irritation in his voice.  But he barely mustered the courage to confront him about his behavior.

As he listened to His Words, Nilsen sat up in his seat, staring at him.

"You Do—" But before he could say anything, another voice interpreted them as they both turned over towards the source of the speech.

Standing just behind them Was Veronica Cooper looking at Nilsen's face while folding her arms? A swarm of girls surrounds her, giving her the impression of an Empress.

"I realize you wanted to vent your anger, but this is not the place or time to do so." Besides, our new nobility wouldn't want his first day to be spoilt. "

Veronica smiled bewitchingly in the direction of Daniel, who was...Like.....um,rather, quite shocked, as if he had been bitten by a crocodile.

"Y-you're Lady Veronica?" Daniel enquired.

"It appears I'm.  Is there a problem? You don't look so good," Veronica noticed when she saw Daniel's face.

'The poisonous queen, the same evil I loathe, is assisting me. Isn't this adorable? I say Bullshit. If this one unpleasant character wasn't enough, fate has brought me another.'

Nilsen intended to react, but Veronica's keen glare stopped him; anything to say as he storms out of the scene.

Daniel sighed a sigh of relief as he watched him go.

"Daniel Astraphor, it was a pleasure to meet you. I hope you have a pleasant time here." She began to walk, and her entourage followed.

"Thank you for your assistance, Miss Veronica." Daniel was able to say these few words to the person he despised the most.

She smiled and said, "Think nothing of it," as she walked away from Daniel's place.

Daniel understands he has no right to retain grudges against Veronica Copper (Nelson Nora) in this realm, yet his annoyance with the invincible Empress persists.

'There is one thing I cannot dispute with in both games and real life. Her attractiveness. It's extremely amusing if you think the villain has the most attractive and mature face. While the heroine is similarly stunning, I'm afraid to report she's not in Veronica's league. However, the heroine outperforms everyone in this realm in terms of sweetness and benevolence. I want to kiss her on the cheek. 'I'm sorry, I'm becoming distracted.'

He turned around to see Veronica and her entourage. She sat at the table while the other members served her tea and some of them gossiped.

'It's really surreal. It's as if all the bad girls were born to be Bitch.'

Then his gaze was drawn to a pair consisting of Nilsen and a new face, and seeing Daniel's demeanor clouded for a split second.

.

.

.

.

"Lady, Shouna.  How have you been? It's been a long time." A girl approached a white-haired girl in a stunning pink gown.

"I'm fine and what about  you ferris?

''Not bad that i can say.Also, how is Mr. Nilesen doing?" as they spoke not even for a second shauna smiled and ferris noticed it.

Nilsen sat next to Shouna, sipping alcohol.

"I'm OK, but some insects temporarily wrecked my mood." He recounted his last meeting with dislike in his voice.

"Oh my, who would dare to do such a thing as make your mood bad?" said the Girl, dramatically.

"Who could it be but that, Peasant who Just Got his Silver Spoon, That Bastard of Astraphor House?" He stared at the figure of Daniel, who was sipping his chocolate shake while humming a tune.

" ohh, I heard Astraphor House had a new heir... But  Didn't you find everything a little strange?"

"Ahh, You must be talking about why they suddenly adopt a child out of nowhere and proclaim Him the heir of the Astraphor house when they can simply just concieve another one easily," the girl flushed, but Nilsen continued.

"I'm sorry I can't answer your question concerning the first where and why they suddenly accepted him as an Heir. However, the next section is rather straightforward. The country is aware that Cedric Astraphor's wife lost her potential to become a mother in the ambush last year. That answers the question of why they would adopt someone out of nowhere after a year's absence. They just do not want their authority to be diminished."

"Wonderful. That's what you'd expect from someone as kind as Nilsen Dominique. You are completely knowledgeable."

"Don't give me too much credit, hehe. On second thinking, compliments are appropriate. I don't want you to feel terrible about not allowing you to compliment me."

"Eh, sure," the girl replied, forcing a smile.

The girl then moved her head towards Lady Shauna , who was staring down like a lifeless doll.

"So, lady Shauna, how do you feel about that boy?" Hearing her remarks, she looked at her and inquired.

"Sorry, I'm a little fatigued. So I was blank for a second. Could you just repeat what you just said?"

"No, it's fine, I'm feeling weak myself.  concerning the question I posed I'm referring about Astraphor House's new adopted son.  What are your thoughts about him?" She remarked this while pointing to a nearby table that was empty. Only a boy sat there, holding a book. His lengthy eyelashes resembled the petals of a black rose. As he sipped, his beautiful lips glistened. His delicate white skin glistened, capturing every glance sent his way. His eyes are a deep blue, like a wave on the sea. His hair hue lends him a regal look. He is the epitome of monarchy. Lady Shauna reflected as she gazed at him.

"Beautiful," was all she could say. These were genuine statements from the heart.

"That, I can't argue with. His beauty, like Lady Veronica's, appears to be out of this world." She explained While flushing,  glancing at Daniel.

"What the heck are you talking about?" Nilsen screamed as Shaun's eyes shrunk as she was expecting to hit her.

"Is there something wrong, Mr. Nilsen?" Seeing his rage, the ferris inquired.

Looking around, he noticed people gazing at him, so he straightened his back and responded calmly.

"What are you on about?" He's not so attractive;  he's just a wannabe who's dreaming big. Also, why would you call someone handsome in front of your fiancée, my dear Shauna?" He added, putting his lips close her ears. "I'm hurt, you know, and I don't have to explain what I do when I'm hurt, is that right?" He then returned to his normal self and merely appreciated the drink. as Shauna trembles with horror

All of this was watched by Daniel, who appeared to be irritated by what was taking place in front of his eyes.

...

That cretin He's back at it. I despised it in the game, and I despised it much more in reality.   

Despite the fact that I have no plans to interfere with the primary plot, but-

"I hope I can help you in some way."

As I was thinking of something.  a familiar fragrance filled my nose as I spotted Louis approaching my way, wiping perspiration from his brow with a handkerchief.

I rushed ahead without hesitation, not waiting for him, and hugged him.

"E-eh, young master, what are you doing?"

''What was it that took you so long? I was here for so long, doing nothing. "

"Young master, I was at the office of the administration . Could you start behaving. others are watching?"

"What bad manners!" Is that Astraphor House's new heir?"

"What do you expect from a peasant?"

"Is he into boys because of the way he embraced him?"

"Oh, that'll be hilarious."

I couldn't care less what they say about me. But unfortunately, Louis was not okay and was about to say something, but before that, I grabbed him by the shoulders and headed towards the earlier table where I sat.

"Young lord, Such remarks should not be tolerated. I would absolutely say something to them if I were at your place."

"Hey, leave it alone. It's not like I'm in a bad mood. They are free to speak whatever they wish. I couldn't give a damn. So, how did the job go?"

"It worked out fairly nicely, and the fellow you requested me to call is also in town." I sent him a message through a soldier. If all goes well, we should be able to meet him in around five days. "

"Hum...Louis, I know I can count on you."

"You don't have to thank me, young master. I work for you. Please make use of me as you see appropriate."

"Hey, the sentence you spoke has a double meaning. Is your partner aware that you can swing both ways? because if she do it will hurt her..hehe" Louise's cheeks flushed when he heard what I said.

"I wasn't saying anything like that. I'm saying I could do everything you asked of me"He stated

"Well, whatever you say,"

[All Students: Please Maintain Order and Discipline. The Head of the Royal Academy of Midgar will be speaking with us.]

At that moment, I had stopped taunting Louis and had taken a serious look.

"Another great entrance looks to be on the way." with amusing expression on, i said.

1