Volume 1—Plans for the Future—Ch03
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Something has been bothering Zin ever since he met these two knights.

It's right to say that they were too calm when burying that princess earlier.

Normally knights of this type of drama would be depressed after losing a master.

Should he question them about this?

But what if they got offended just because he wouldn't let it go?

He rubbed his chin in thought, but if he didn't ask it'll weigh on his conscious for a while.

Even if he was suspicious he still gave them both a job to do.

Thanks to the extra hands, the meat Zin collected was being carried to the storage.

He doesn't have to waste any more mana since he's low.

After the meat was taken care of, Yudian and Rosha stood before him waiting for his next orders.

Wait, since these two were from this world, wouldn't that mean they knew things that he didn't?

Still, to switch masters as quickly as they had, are they trustworthy?

"You two, I have a question that's been weighing on my mind since earlier," Zin told them.

He couldn't let this doubt of his continue.

"Lord Zin?" Yudian asked with a curious gaze.

"About your previous master, the princess..." Zin trailed off from the suddenly disgusted expressions they gave him.

"That brat is not someone Lord Zin should have to think about," Yudian says with abruptness.

This feeling, just the mere mention of the princess and his aura shot through the roof.

"I apologize for bringing it up. I shall let it go if hearing about your precious master upsets you," he says raising his hands.

It seems they were just hiding their pain.

Rosha shakes his head while waving his hands in denial, "that is not it, Lord Zin. What Captain Yudian said is misleading. I shall explain on his behalf." Rosha says touching his chest with one hand.

On the other hand, Yudian was still brewing, looks like he won't be answering any questions about the princess in his state.

"Alright, what is it that you wish to clarify?" Zin asked Rosha.

Rosha crosses his arms and blows out a sigh, "honestly, it's a simple answer. The princess was an immature brat, well to say that she was just a brat is a bit understated. All her people hated her, she was cruel."

Yudian points at Rosha after finally coming to, "that's right, that brat! It's all her fault that good people died out on the ocean! Just because of a stupid tale about a gold crown, she risked many lives!" Yudian yells.

Rosha nods in agreement, "it was a tragedy, for the two of us to have made it out alive. We were lucky." He admitted.

"What on Earth did this?" Zin asked them.

Yudian's expression weakened a bit, a slightly terrified expression taking its place.

To think a big man like this could be scared of something, whatever it was, must have been quite terrifying.

"It's hard to say what it was exactly. No one was able to lay an eye on the monster. It took out our ship and that was that." Rosha tells him.

Something like that, was it a speed-type sea monster?

An immature and bratty princess that got her whole crew killed. It sounds cliché, but it happens.

"I understand. I see now why you wouldn't shed tears for such a person." Zin mutters.

Now that he was certain that they weren't people who easily betray their master without reason, he was sure he could trust them.

He agreed to their knight vows and made them his first subordinates.

With this, he was another step close to raising his kingdom.

Father, I will show you the true strength of a king!

Zin explained to these two his story and why he was alone on this piece of land.

"To think Lord Zin's father is such trash!" Rosha declared.

Yudian slams his fist on the table splitting it down the middle.

Seriously, it seems that this man was quite hot-tempered despite being the oldest of the two.

He was already learning their personalities all in one day, with Rosha being the calmest of the two.

"I made this table you know," Zin told him with a sigh.

"Ah! Lord Zin, I made a mistake!" Yudian says immediately standing and trying to push the pieces back together.

He's really stupid, isn't he? "Don't bother, I'll just make a new one some other time. For now, let us continue."

He sat down depressingly, looks like he was going to be well-behaved for now.

"As I was saying, the Amathis Family are a waste. Shall I annihilate them for you, Lord Zin?" Rosha asked balling his fist up with anger.

More like he's trying to keep his anger in check.

"There's no need. The only way to win is for me to get stronger and help this land become a prosperous kingdom with my own hands." Zin told them with determination.

"That's right, nothing beats a father more than his abandoned son becoming stronger than even him." Yudian agreed.

"How strong are we talking?" Rosha asked.

In a world like this, there was only one answer, "even strong enough that the imperial family can't stop me." Zin says.

One thing he desired was a life without worry, if he wish for a fruitful life then he might as well become a king that can not be messed with.

"If that is what Lord Zin wishes, then I, Rosha, will forever protect the soon-to-be King of this land," Rosha says placing his fist to his chest.

Yudian does the same, "don't forget about me, this sounds fun after all!" He agrees with a smirk.

He began to explain to them his first step in building his kingdom.

First, they needed to obtain the most important thing kingdoms need to flourish, money.

Obtaining money was not an easy task, unless one got a job, or became an adventurer.

The last thing he wanted to do was work under others and becoming an adventurer meant leaving his land unattended.

So, the next best thing was to go dungeon raiding, but finding a dungeon was like finding a needle in a haystack.

The next thing they needed was to recruit. The kind of recruits he needed were builders, mages, and knights.

At least these were the more demanding recruits. He also needed a merchant, chef, and blacksmith.

"Sounds like the Lord will be quite busy," Yudian says leaning back.

"Don't look so relaxed, both of you should go and hunt. It's crucial to have plenty of food." Zin ordered.

The two didn't argue and left Zin alone in the cabin.

Since the day was almost over, he'll focus on learning the mana manipulation skill.

Another technique is mana breathing, this was a way he would be able to collect mana easier.

 

 

3