Volume 1—Dungeon Discovery—Ch04
44 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day was a slow one.

Zin worked hard to train together with Yudian and Rosha.

They were adamant about teaching him how to use his combat skills efficiently.

He stretched his hands above his head after working up a sweat.

"Lord Zin, you sure you never fought before?" Yudian asked with doubt.

While it is true he had the combat skill, he still needed to learn how to properly use the skill.

Despite that, it makes him a rare genius to be able to learn so quickly.

"Yeah. Anyway, let's take a break and have a meal." Zin tells them.

They ate in the cabin once Zin finished preparing the boar stew.

"So good! Even back where we came from, food was not this good," Rosha says digging into his food hungrily.

Back on Earth Zin lived alone, so it was only natural he'd have to cook for himself.

Also, he learned from the best, a great woman who he held dear.

After eating he explained the tasks for today, touring the rest of the land.

So far, he's only been to the north where the ocean lie, and the river that was to the east.

But he has not been able to figure out how far his land reached in the east or even been able to check out the west.

"Cool, we get to check out more of Lord Zin's land. I'm quite excited!!" Yudian says grinning.

Since they have no weapons they should be fine, right?

So far, the monsters he got rid of were the ones out in the open.

There was still a small forest of trees that could have more monsters beyond them.

"Alright, we will go east first," Zin told them.

They prepared for the expedition and left the cabin.

Heading east first, the group made it to the start of the small forest that covered a bit of the land in the east.

"Let's go through," Zin ordered entering first, the other two followed behind him.

The first thing they came by was the river he discovered yesterday, "it's clear here, let's continue forward."

Zin waved for them to follow.

They crossed to the other side of the river and treaded further into the forest.

So far, there were no sightings of any monsters, just trees, and rocks.

They took a little break before continuing forward until they discovered an opening in the trees.

Zin glanced around, everything looked normal

He took another step forward and accidentally stepped on something that was not ordinary.

He looked down and noticed that he stepped on a hidden button that matched the green mossy grass beneath his feet.

The whole ground began to shake, "what the...?" he asked.

"Lord Zin!" Rosha calls out while reaching for him.

Zin looked back but Rosha was too late to grab him.

The ground began to collapse and he found himself falling through the ground.

"Ahhhhh!!"

Both Rosha and Yudian ran to the edge of the hole and peered down into the darkness.

They were not able to make out anything, "Lord Zin?" Yudian called out into the darkness.

"I'm okay!" Zin calls out, his voice was distant.in stood and dusted off his backside, the fall was not that grand but he still felt that pain in landing in such a rough manner.

He felt about until he was touching a rocky-like surface, then he made his way along it until his hand pressed another button.

There was a rumbling sound and the ground began to lower until stairs formed.

The light from above cascaded down and lit the underground room.

He could see a tunnel entrance that led deeper into the underground cave.

Yudian and Rosha rushed down the stairs and began to check him for injuries, "he looks fine." Yudian declares before looking around.

"Anyways, it looks like we stumbled upon a dungeon." Rosha points out.

Yudian opened the bag Zin prepared earlier, thanks to some items that washed ashore with these two, they were able to make handmade torches.

"To think we'd find one on Lord Zin's territory," Yudian says.

Zin had to agree that it was a stroke of massive luck on his end to find exactly what he needed right here in the territory that his father deemed a complete waste.

This land given to him was already proving to have much more potential than he had hoped for.

"Will Lord Zin raid it?" Rosha asked.

It may not be a great idea since they had no clue what rank this dungeon was, but he was curious to see what rewards he'd get from raiding it.

"Yes, I think we should be able to, what levels are you guys?" Zin asked.

"My level is fifty-four." Rosha answers.

"And I'm at level sixty," Yudian says.

These levels were decent for dungeons of E or D rank. With Zin only at level one, it would be a bit difficult if the dungeon's rank was any higher than that.

He had no other choice but to hope for the best, "everyone should be prepared to deal with monsters of all kinds." Zon told them.

Yudian and Rosha before following Zin through the pitch black tunnel that was now being illuminated by their lit torches.

They continued like this until they could no longer see the light from the dungeon's entrance.

"Hold on, do you hear that?" Rosha whispered shining his light on the darkness in front of them.

At first, none of them could hear a thing.

Zin pressed a finger to his lips and strained his ears to hear what Rosha heard.

If one strained their ears hard enough, then they would be able to hear the slight scuffle of feet walking on the ground up ahead.

"Something is heading in our direction," Zin tells them.

They stood there as the sound got closer until it stopped.

They shined their torches on the dark tunnel until they could make out something standing further back.

"I'll go check it out." Yudian pushes past Zin and crept a little closer.

Zin gasped as Yudian's light revealed the thing in the darkness.

Those are...

"Skeletons!!" Rosha yells out.

 

3