The vile lich ch 10
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 10

By the invite of the previous king, the famous philosopher Grotto Groveschka started living and working in the far end of the palace seven years ago.

Stuart had set his sights on this man a while back. However, this man was not easy to figure out. For that reason, he held up on talking to his ear.

Grotto was in charge of the tutorage of young noblemen and the princes. Other than that he would try and develop new horizons for the kingdom.

Stuart decided. He was going to teach this man moral relativism, pascals wager, Machiavellianism, objectivism and nihilism.

Stuart leaned into the man and said:

« Is morality in the desert same as the morality in the mountains?»

Grotto scratched his beard. «Hmm, maybe the day to day life is different. But I reckon the very basics would be the same. For instance, with no trees around the desert folk would care about their agricultural tools more therefore there would be a moral code wrapped around the concept of agricultural tools. Yet because the value of human life is high there too, one should not kill would be more universal than agricultural tool stuff I presume.» Paused for a moment «This is good, I should write it down.»

Stuart was hoping with the understanding of morals being flexible the philosopher would deduce the actual morality itself was not set in stone. Stuart`s goal was no to give this man philosophical ideas but give the people an excuse to be assholes thru Grottos teachings. Instead of giving people an excuse, Grotto managed to enhance peoples fine-tuning about the morality they embody. Stuart`s plans were going south pretty quick.

Grotto was a tough nut to crack. Like most wise men who are hell-bent on being a good person, he weighed his moral judgements thoroughly. He didn`t stop until the structure of the conundrums that contained moral decisions were all illuminated. He would make his decisions after the fact.

Stuart decided to lose this one in the moral relativism front because if he whispered to Grotto during his vigorous studies, he would run the risk of being found out.

So the lich had to turn his attention back from the philosopher to the boy king. The boy needed to learn the methodology of power.

The lich went thru walls and reached to the king's retreat. The young lad was standing there gawking at his garden. The skeleton whispered:

«How do I get the ministries to respect my authority?» The boy frowned. It was clear that the question got the lad thinking.

Stuart waited a few minutes so kings face would turn from ``I`m thinking`` to `` Well I have to think about it later.``.

«I just have to keep a few key people happy,» Stuart whispered. «I bet they have their key people too.» The lich waited until the lad digested the information. If the person doesn`t understand what lich whispered they wouldn`t think they were thinking it.

« Just have to balance what I give to the people and what I give to these key figures. If I prioritise consolidating power too much, many people will rebel due to neglection of their needs or wants, however, if I don`t make my key guys happy I might get poisoned or quo`d out of existence.»

Stuart left the king to his own devices. He taught the king should sit on that a little.

Saddam Hussein of Iraq, when he came to power, handed half of the cabinet guns. Saddam ordered these men to kill the other half of the cabinet which he labelled traitors. He proclaimed that anybody who refuses to shoot the traitors is a traitor also. After that day remained members of parliament were accomplices of a horrendous crime therefore absolutely loyal to him.

The vile undead slithered and convulsed towards the king:

«If that doesn`t work, I can always try to bound myself to the throne via the bond between the criminal accomplices. If they betray me the vile thing, whatever it is, we did together would surface and we both would get hanged by the masses.»

The King held his head between his hands. It was clear that he was feeling really guilty for just thinking that.

A week later he gathered all his ministers and generals in a two-door room. One door was for entering, one door was for exiting. The purpose of this room was to separate the incoming from outgoing so the king can interrogate the ministers, advisors and generals more effectively.

One by one the ministers walked into the room. The young lad looked into the eyes of these grown men and proclaimed:

«I am more powerful than you and you are under my capable authority.»

Next thing the king did was try and read their body language. Normally in the presence of the king the subjects would now their heads, kneel and tie their arms above their belly. This made trying to read them a nightmare. So he ordered them to stand up and look him right in the eye.

Some of the people interrogated gave sour facial expressions towards the king. Some of the men answered with a smile: «Well of course m`lord». Some were honest and said: «M`lord you are still young and inexperienced. It would be best if you trust us with the bulk of the work during your growth period.»

The king additionally asked, «What does power mean to you?» , «What does duty mean to you in relation to that power?» The king probed for the motivations behind what they do on a daily basis. Some of the people stunted for they didn`t think about this ever, other times the men stated their purpose as protecting their family and loved ones. Some even said the country was somewhat their extended family.

After they all have been interrogated the king summoned all these men into his presence:

«Gentleman, I gathered all of you today to establish a new philosophy under this kingdom will operate from now on. The philosophy in question dictates that power, resources and responsibility all will be closely linked together in all departments within the state of this kingdom. I implore you, together with me, to figure out a system that distributes power and resources appropriately to the problems and day to day machinations of this country.

Gentlemen what I want to do is to reform lethargic, wasteful and slow processes of this country, have it run smoothly so that when the time comes and gods test us with calamity we would be ready.

I know that if I don`t keep the masses happy they will take my head. I know if I don`t keep you people happy the underfunded necessities will result in the pandemonium that will cost my head also.

As the ruler of this kingdom the risks you will take will be my responsibility. In other words, I will pay the price if this kingdom goes down the gutter. For that reason, I will not accept being just a figurehead.

You are all capable and respectable gentlemen. I hope apart from the order I`m giving you all, you will be happily willing to cooperate on my quest of balancing power-responsibility-resources triangle for this country»

One of the men who previously proposed the king to be a figurehead interjected:

« Sire even if though you are a bit young, With this speech, you have proven your maturity to me. Even if somebody else wrote this and made you memorize what to say, which I don`t think is the case, you have put your majestic kingly will onto it. I Wilson Wolfmort hereby retract my proposal for you to be a figurehead and recognise you as the supreme ruler of this land. Not only by blood but by the temperament and will. »

The king gazed at Wilson with his piercing blue eyes. ``Something has changed about the lad`` Wilson taught. His eyes were now bottomless wells of smouldering intensity.

The king lifted his chin up «I appreciate your esteemed opinion, Wilson. I will try my hardest to fulfil your expectations of me.»

Raised his voice, addressing all men in the room:

« I know I`m still young. I may be hopeful and naive. But ask yourselves this, gentlemen, When was the last time an old and grey man who is set on his ways changed the world for the better.

I am looking forward to seeing what all of you come up with. You all are now dismissed.»

Grotto made his way towards the king, he was a bit happy:

«Oh, sire, sire! You won't believe the coincidence!»

What is it Mr.Groveschka?

«Sir, I`ve been working on something very similar during these past weeks, when the time comes to present what I`ve compiled you will be very satisfied.»

The king blurted out a relieved smile:

«As expected of my teacher.» The king proudly puffed his chest. « Good luck in your studies my esteemed teacher, alas nature beckons me to the loo.» Young king ran out of the room.

 

Buy a copy :https://www.amazon.in/Vile-Lich-Feyzullah-Yuksel-ebook/dp/B07W6Y1GR5

1