Chapter 23: Plains beyond
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Away in an empty void, there was nothing much here. The glow of dim stars spread the vast distances within this strange place.
A Globe of blackness, hardly any different from the void itself penetrated through the void. Contentiously charging away at an unknown speed. Its speed was so fast and ridiculous that asteroids were grounded to dust. Families and clusters of stone fragments were not spared either.

It fell and drifted into the empty void for a long time.

There was also a brightness that illuminated the occasional darkness that went through the universe. It represented the chasers who could only pursue their target to the bitter end. No matter what.

Everything went in total silence. The void was indifferent to all. Planet-shattering destructions would be just another dust that fell from the shelves.
Time went on. It was unknown which part of the universe was which. Everything went on in significant similarities. Only the brightness was fairly close to the black globe. It fled rapidly to the regions of many stars. Planets that did not have life, or those who were full of it.

There were only a few things that the black globe could do now. Fleeting was useless. It was aware of a crisis, which appeared inside the bright light. There, only a moment of distraction from the attacker’s assault would be fatal.

It chose to get into a random star. Hiding within the inhabitable moon planet. Scorching hotness was all over the volcanic moon. Volcanoes were active on the surface at every moment. Globe went inside one of them.

Trying to hide or trying something else. It was hard to say its intention.
Brightness still followed. Seemingly aware of everything that went on. Even if hundreds of thousands of kilometers passed in a moment and even minutes that stretched to an infinite distance.

A black globe was struck out from the planet's surface. Deep crevices surrounded the planet for dozens of kilometers. The black globe was twisting in redness. Pillars like a veil enveloped it in a wild manner. From the ground up. A vortex spread out. Like a twisting vortex, it disappeared from the hot planet.

Inside the bright light.
2 beings, side by side, were facing their foe. They were unable to reach their goal once again, yet it was hardly over for them.

“Withdraw or chase? I can keep going. It is a minor move since it moved in that direction. I will be successful.” Woman who wore white clothes with golden outlines said while she pointed to clusters of vast planets that were not really visible from the normal point of view. She had seen something entirely different from the mortal eyes.

“Boastful claims. There are no choices left. We can just risk the higher punishment, since that place is off the limits.” Said calmly an old bearded man with a similar attire.

“Oh. I forgot. Will you manage?” She asked.

“Hardly.” He answered truthfully.

“Let us go.”
.
.
.
.
Pillars of light slowly reached one of the planets. One disadvantage of the pillar like veil technique was that it was a random direction-wide escape technique.
A user could just pick a direction and hope for the best. It had lower strains on oneself and was quick to use rather then some other complicated formations which it could not do at the moment.

Swooooosh!

Black globe reached the planet.

Massive was the best way to describe it. Hundreds upon a hundred thousand kilometers wide were mere points of continents laid out in the vast oceans. This was a prime planet of the richest sense. Beautiful to the eyes with greenery and white cloudy atmosphere.

BOOOOOM!

Globe of black penetrated the atmosphere with small but manageable troubles. The Vastness of pillar-like veils dropped to the ground as it reached its destination. Or, to be more specific, a completely random planet within the moment it chose to use it in a barren region on that hot planet. It was like tossing a needle into a mountain of hay.

The Globe of light slowly dissipated from the whirlwind of energy it caused, revealing the unconscious Allan. Inside his chest was still a red orb that pushed itself into him. It was still about 6/8th way in. The chase which it took and attacks cause it to delay its goal. True possession of the body. True rebirth of the essence, which could not be understood by just anyone.

It wanted to quickly reach the final stage of its completion. Unfortunately, it was far too much underestimation of its pursuers. Strikes of whips flipped around it as if in an angry fit, because it saw, in a distant sky, layer upon layers of lights trying to reach its position.

It was unnaturally fast but, like all things which get consideration. When one’s plans are expected to be the best, it can all go downhill in one big mistake or failure.

Globe of red was kept getting interrupted from its goal.

As if in a rage, it went to a defensive position. Layers of red and black lines were shot around Allan. Forming yet again, another shield. This time, it was layered in many parts.

Bright light above, gigantic sparks and struggle could be seen from great distances. This disturbance was absolutely massive. These invaders were of some force that was prohibited to get in touch with this planet. Yet, they chose to do so.

Above, the old man was struggling to open their path downwards. He knew the consequences, but he knew there was no point of return. He could only endure and finish what he decided. For himself and the future. This threat in his eyes was something what they must eliminate with high costs.

Pillars upon pillars were sent forward. Slamming into the invisible barriers. They shined in mesmerizing light as they banged in the space below the planet. In a few minutes, cracks started to fill the sky for hundreds of kilometers. Like a rain of crystals, it shattered in the beautiful sight of shining rain.

They entered in an imposing manner. Old man with a primordial aura of light around him and a lady which seemed like she was taking a stroll beside him. Aura of the world tried to surround them. Prohibiting them for their actions, but did not succeed. Auras of two figures shrouded in divine light slowly descended down. The old man was in pain as he struggled to make his body straight as he descended from the cracks.

“Are you alright?” Women beside him asked. A hint of worry was in her blue and mesmerizing eyes.

“What do you mean? This is not even The Consequence I talked about. Struggle in this world can put us on guard. Hmph! This is just a precaution of the pact we did countless ages ago. Now it came back to us. Interesting...” The old man casually said. His valor came back as he pushed himself to his best ability. This was now or never. Another chance would not come.
.
.
Down below, 7/8 way in. Orb of red pushed as fast as it could. If it succeeded, this trouble that came would be nothing. The absorption and insertion of Allan simply limited its possibilities to fight back or flee.

BOOM!

Attacks came once more. Struggles of the red orb never passed. Colors of red and black swayed in this massive clash. Surounding planes were overflown with craters as the nearest forest or visible habitable place was a long distance away. This was a fight where no distractions or hidden plots could be placed.

The last duel between 2, or more like a 1 versus 1, took a place in the barren plains of an unknown planet.

The shield continuously cracked. Not much power was left, as the red orb wanted to finish its process. Nothing could be done about any of this. The final push was close, yet so far away.

Scenes of pillars changed. It went from massive to more compact as it started to change shapes. Tip became sharp. Like a spear which could pierce the toughest castle gate.

The final technique is to push the ending line. Old man wanted to end this without a problem. He sent them down! There were dozens of them as they aimed towards the rough region of Allan’s location.

Yet.

All of them slowly came to a halt as something wrapped them up in nothingness. They simply stopped in midair from the touch of something that the old man did not expect at all.

“Huh? Oh no.” Women said in worry.

The thick fog started to spread around Allan’s location. Since it was a vast plain, there was no room to hide. Everything in a large radius could be seen from high in the air and they were exactly in that position.

Thud! Thud!

More could be seen from another direction. Tremors were shaking the air and atmosphere changed to a dense foggy way. Tense was probably the most optimal word to describe it.
.
.
“You people! For you to barge to this planet! Are you not violating the pact, what was decided by you?” A deep, tremendous voice could be heard from one of the foggy directions. Massive eyes were dimly lit as they gazed from the fog.

“This could cause trouble.” The old man said in an uncertain manner.

“Lady Vivien, are you willing to make a move?”

“I don’t know.” Answered women with uncertain intention.

“Price is what I must pay first. I will make up for it, of course.” He said calmly.

“Then it is settled. You have a few minutes at best. Restrictions are more powerful than I imagined.”

“Of course.”
.
.
The red orb shined in delight as it watched the attack to fail. It did not expect to have some luck, because the heavens were most definitely against it. But no ploy could be without an absolutely certain success. So far, this was a major failure. The attack of those two people caused it to lose tremendous power. It could reduce the time. And time was what is never enough for some people.
Glow took off. Lines subsided as the redness intensified. In this brief, shocked moment. It wanted to take its chances and finish its process.
.
.
“What do we have here?”

“This aura?! What is happening here?”

“Scent of a destroyer!”

Voices were heard from multiple direction. Traveling far distance as it crashed into the center of conflict.

Other variables entered the battle. The fog began to spread wider and moved forward.
In a few moments, it encompassed a big circle around Allan’s location. Dozens of kilometers in diameter. On this scale. It seemed rather small.
Foggy walls were in itself, one or two kilometers tall. Beings which were hidden behind the fog were of unknown size, but they must be massive as well.

Women descended from above. Aura of blue color spread from her body like a blue flame. Wings made of the purest light element lit the region. It spread for dozens of kilometers in an imposing manner. This usage was tremendously taxing. Distance which the energy was projected to, the more energy is used. More powerful the controller, the better results, and this woman was clearly an expert of experts.
Flame wings caused the foggy region to be unable to continue its marching.

“You! So it seems like some interesting situation is going on here. Woman! Tell me what is over there on the ground! No need to fight.” The very first voice from earlier said.

“No point in talking, little beast. You would not be willing to listen anyway.” She answered.

“True. Then I invite everyone here to feast upon this encounter. The Destroyer of the unknown is over there on the ground! Let us make the earth cry in agony!” the voice growled in high volume.

“Fine. I am willing”

“No need to assist. Few of us are more than enough.”

“I will just watch. No need to get myself into such a mess.”

Voices came to tacit understanding. It was unknown if they were in positive or negative relationships. This situation made them change their possible indifferences since the introduces were not something that they wanted.

“Attack!!”
.
.

At the same time as the beast decided to act.

Swoosh!

The Sea of redness began to spread from the center. Pillars of red dust were traveling above Allan.

The merge was nearly complete.

Orb of light would curse wildly, as it couldn’t help the showiness of this process. Being low key would save so much more trouble.

0