Arc 8 Teaser
220 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pulled from a hopeless (if powerful) future back to the moment of Earth’s integration to try to improve the outcome, Serenity has met unexpected threats and unexpected allies - even friends. Everything is different this time.

It’s been about eight months since the first Tutorial.

The Tutorials are over now; in that time, it’s been one success after another. All of the invasion portals have been closed, removing that threat and allowing Earth time to figure out how it’s going to grow without too much interaction with the outside universe.

Portals have opened to a few select marketplaces elsewhere, but travel is still rare and potentially dangerous. The potential is enough that many are heading out, trying to establish trade or even simply to see what’s out there.

The return of magic to Earth is waking old, long-lost secrets. One is already loose, growing its power as it hides from those who might stop it. The forces that once suppressed these dangers have grown brittle, for they have their own secrets that may prevent them from completing their ancient task.

One such ancient secret is Apollyon, whose curse has restricted the peacekeepers for centuries. One truth is revealed, but many more remain to be found. Despite this, Serenity’s attention lies elsewhere.

People were kidnapped from the Tutorial and sent elsewhere; Serenity has people working to recover them on Zon, but now he has to deal with the ones who were sent to Lyka in the “care” of the Church of Aeons. The Eternal Church does not allow slavery, but the very words used when they declare that makes Serenity think that they are doing something even worse: enslaving the mind instead of the body.

Whether or not that’s true, Serenity wants to get his people home.

4