Money and Missions
5.3k 5 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"System, what are the stats of this avatar?"

 

[Status- 

Name: Ash Davis Level:1  Species: Human(Avatar)

HP:35 MP:0

Str:3.5 Agi:3.5 Con:3.5

Int:7.8 Wis:7 Per:4

Dex:3.5 Luck:5 Chr:7]

 

"Hey, I thought you said an average adult's stats were five. Why is this avatar so weak?" I asked, feeling cheated for the amount of GSP I spent on it.

 

[All of your powers have been reduced some. Your body and soul wouldn't be able to handle it otherwise. If you did not have the Limitless Potential power, your body would have already exploded. Also, I didn't have to tell you this, but I will, you can not purchase a new power until you level up the Omni-Gaming System.] 

 

"I suppose if that's how it has to be, there is no helping it. How does it level up?" I say with a defeated tone, reluctantly accepting reality.

 

[The Omni-Gaming System levels up with exp from missions. You can also use exp to upgrade your powers or skills. Do you wish to turn on missions? Switching on missions will activate the leveling.]

 

"Yes."

 

[Missions subsystem online. Leveling online.]

 

[Daily Mission: Grow strong

Mission Objective: Train for three hours

Reward: One crystal and one exp.

Punishment: None]

 

"Show me the leveling screen," I state curious of what's new.

 

[Omni-Gaming System lvl1(0/100) 6/6 Slots filled

Psychic Sheild lvl1(0/100)

Enhanced Processing lvl1(0/100)

Eidetic Memory lvl1(0/100)

Power Absorption Immunity lvl1(0/100,000)

Power Loan lvl1(0/100)

Avatar lvl1(0/100)]

 

"Wow, Power Absorption Immunity costs a lot of exp to level. Show me descriptions for Power Loan and Psychic Sheild."

 

[Power Loan- You can lend one power to a person. When the power is retrieved from the person, it earns exp based on its use.

 

Psychic Sheild- You are resistant to psychic attacks. Telepaths, without the ability to penetrate mental shields, can not read your mind. Hypnosis, mental hallucinations, and mind control have limited to no effect on you. Magic versions of these abilities are only 50% resisted by Psychic Sheild.]

 

Looking at Psychic Sheilds description, I am both relieved that it works so well to protect me from so many things, and fearful as it is weak to magic. The description also doesn't tell me how limited. I need to become much stronger or, this world will kill me.

 

"What can cause a limited effect, mentally wise, on me, System?"

 

[It depends on how powerful the one attacking you is. Please gather information on power levels in this world for more detailed information.]

 

"Ok, update me when I do."

 

As I reach in my pocket to pay for the newspaper, I realize I don't have anything in this world. I don't have an ID, a birth certificate, or SSN.

 

"System, can I purchase identification papers and money from the shop."

 

[Yes, but I would go against obtaining money from the shop as it would be a horrendous waste of GSP.

 

 All Authentic Identification papers(ID, SSN, and birth certificate)-100GSP

1000 USD-1GSP]

 

"Buy the papers and the 1000 dollars."

 

[Identifacation papers and 1000 USD deposited into inventory.]

 

"In my last life, I was too focused on helping everyone that I forgot I needed to live for myself sometimes. I can do both in this one." I think to myself feeling motivated.

 

With money in hand, I know I need to use it to make even more. While trying to think of a way to use the money to make more, a stroke of inspiration dawned on me. Casinos, the best use of my Eidetic Memory and Enhanced Processing, I could count cards easily and calculate the probability of games.

 

I ask around for the largest casino that is close. I found out after asking that the largest one for miles is called Central City Casino. I am just outside Central City, the city the Flash calls home.

 

After an hour of walking, I arrive at the casino. Coming to the exchange desk, I exchange all 1000 dollars to chips then go over to the tables. I observe several games and found that if I only use Eidetic Memory, I can predict the winner of most games with 80% accuracy. I activate Enhanced Processing then go around the tables again. Even with both powers working together, I would not be able to win all the time, but I could win most games and minimize my losses in the ones I did lose.

 

I sit at one of the game tables and start playing. I win over 15,000 dollars after a few rounds of blackjack. I make sure to lose a few times then I move to another table. I repeat this a few times until I amass 145,000 dollars. Excited to have won so money, it's hard to stop but, I know if I continue it would draw attention to me. I made sure I lost about as much as I gained so it would give the casino a false sense of security. Wouldn't you feel better, knowing someone won 280,000 dollars but lost 135,000 of it? If I do it this way, the casino will want me to return because they think they can win the money back.

 

I turn off Enhanced Processing then, go to the exchange desk and ask for a check as I still didn't have a bank account. The lady asks if I want my picture on the wall, and obviously, I didn't. I also had to fill out a tax form.

 

After walking out of the casino, I call a cab to drive me to the nearest bank. I open an account with them and put the check into it.

 

[Secret Mission, Business Man, Complete.

Mission Objective: Earn 100,000 dollars in one day

Reward: Business Charm skill, new items unlocked for purchase, five Tier One lottery tickets

Punishment: None]

 

"Wow, there are even secret missions. What is the Business Charm skill? I thought you said I could not have any more abilities until I grew stronger or upgraded the system."

 

[Yes, I did say that, but Business Charm is a skill, not a power. You can have unlimited skills.

 

Business Charm- Activates when talking about business. While active charisma is increased by 20%, people are 5% more likely to not cheat you, and when speaking to employees, you exude an air of leadership.]

 

Extremely happy that the skill would help me greatly when I start my own business, I decided to use the lottery tickets, finally.

 

"System, use all 15 lottery tickets," I state excitedly

 

[...

...

...

54