Boat
4.7k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at the casino, I notice the casino staff is paying extra attention to me, probably to make sure I’m not cheating. Card counting is not illegal but it could get me kicked out, so I need to make sure I take some losses to not be suspicious. After two hours of playing, I rack up 1,000,000 dollars then hear a system notification.

 

[Achievement complete, Novice Gamble, win 50 times at gambling. Luck +1]

 

I am momentarily stunned that the system has achievements but it makes sense. Games have achievements so the Omni-Gaming System should have them as well. “System, can you tell me how to accomplish the other achievements,” I state excited by the possible rewards.

 

[No, all information on achievements are secret until you complete them.]

 

“That's too bad,” I reply.

 

I have the money transferred to my bank account, I will use 500,000 dollars to purchase a good boat with a bed on it so I can easily switch back and forth without suspicion. I will use the remaining money to hire a crew and get the needed permits. I plan to start fishing in Alaska as it is one of the best fishing places in the USA. I also plan to use a quarter of the first months to buy stock in companies I know will be big in the future, if they exist in this universe. 

 

I have plans to buy a big plot of land with some of the money so I can place the Spirit Water Spring and some plants I plan on growing. I debated it for a while but I decided I would use the Improvement Stones on the Spirit Water Spring Creation Stone. From what I know about ki, it will be the most useful in the long run.

 

….

 

After arriving in Alaska, I ask around for an hour about where the best place to buy a fishing boat is and most people pointed me toward Mason Shipyard, a family-owned business. I am beginning to miss the internet, it takes so long to get things done without it but, I have plans in the future so I will bear with it for now.

 

I make sure to get all the legal paperwork out of the way before I go down to the shipyard. It takes almost all day before it all finished so I decided to wait until tomorrow.

 

As soon as I wake up, I walk to the shipyard. Stepping through the door, I can hear the clamor of work. I walk over to the receptionist and see she has a name tag that says, Emily. She looks young, no more than 20 years old.

 

“Hello, how may I help you?” Emily asks politely.

 

“I am here to purchase a fishing trawler. Can I speak to your boss?” I ask with a smile.

 

“Of course, I will bring him here immediately,” she states hurriedly.

 

A few minutes of waiting later, a big burly man walks in with Emily.

 

“Hello sir, my name is Hal Mason, the business manager. If you would step into my office we can discuss the specifics.” Hal states as he leads me to his office. As I sit down, he asks, “What kind of trawler are you looking for?”

 

“I need a trawler with at least 180 cubic meters of insulated storage space, that can pull eight tons of fish, has a bed, and is full stock with the required equipment. I would also like if you could help me find a crew to man it.” I say respectfully. I did not really need the storage as I found out that time does not pass in my inventory, but if I did not get storage, it would be weird.

 

“We do have a couple of ships that meet your requirements but they are not cheap. One cost 414,000 dollars and has 180 cubic meters of storage and, the other is 495,000 dollars and has 200 cubic meters of storage. Of course, we have smaller ones if those are too expensive.” Hal says, probably believing I don't have that much money because of how young I look.

 

“I’ll take the one that cost 495,000 dollars, I want to look at the ship and if everything checks out. I will sign the contract and transfer the money over.” I tell him plainly.

 

Hal’s expression turns to one of surprise before returning to normal as he says, “Of course, I will have Emily show you to it while I get the contract ready for you. I will also call a few people I know to see if I can round up the crew you asked about. If you can come back tomorrow I should have a few people you can choose from.” Hal then quickly leaves evidently in a more exciting mode.

 

I found out that Emily’s full name is Emily Mason after talking to her for a while as she showed me around the ship. She is Hal’s daughter. Hal is training her to take on more responsibility in the company and showing me around the ship was part of it. From what little I have talked to her about, I can tell she is outgoing and really wants to relieve her father of some of his burden. After checking the ship out, I sign the contract and transfer the money over to Hal.

 

I take a cab back to my hotel. Hal said he would have a crew for me by tomorrow. So, in preparation, I bought a Remote Inventory Inlet Talisman for 1000 GSP. I can place it on any opening that is not bigger that’s no bigger than 50 meters in any direction to become an inlet for the inventory. I bought it so I would not have to go down to the storage room every time it fills up. It also still works if I am not there. I worried what would happen if a human fell in but, I asked the system and, it said creatures above a certain level of intelligence are not able to enter. It also said that as long as I do not want it to go in, it won’t.

47