Completing the Mission
4.3k 5 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up at the hotel and cultivate for a few hours before meeting up with Hal.

Arriving at the shipyard, I am greeted by Hal, “Hello sir, I gathered a few people that you can choose from.” Hal leads me to a room with about 14 guys sitting down. “You will need 8 people to man the boat you bought. Jordan and Kyle can sail the ship and the rest have some experience on a fishing boat.”

Looking toward the men, I begin speaking, “I sure I don’t have to tell you all how hard your job will be. You may be out on the water for days doing hard labor for long hours. But, I value loyalty just as much as tenacity. I treat those who are loyal well. If you can not be loyal to me and my company you may leave now,” three people left the room as I said that. “Now then, any questions?”

“How much will we be paid,” a blond-haired young man asks.

“350 dollars a week. After working for three months, your pay will be bumped up to 400 dollars a week. Of course, people who drive the boat get paid more. If you catch more than 100 tons of fish in a week, everyone gets 50 dollars bonus.” Everyone cheers as they hear that. I asked Emily yesterday what fishermen get paid and went a tad higher. “Though I can only hire 8 of you currently, I plan on expanding my business by next month. If you can not find a job by then, I would be happy to hire you.”

I hired the youngest most experienced workers. I hired young people because they will be able to adapt easier when I upgrade the ship later. I also plan to train them to become ship managers.

I get aboard the ship, place the Remote Inventory Inlet Talisman on the open to the fish storage then get on board. “Alright everyone, check out your equipment then we will go get food for everyone and start working. Jim, your in charge of these guys. If you have any problems, I will be in the captain's quarters.” Jim is one of the oldest people I hired, 38 years old. I hired him because he has experience managing a crew, so I can concentrate on other things while he manages everyone on the ship.

“Yes sir, it will take an hour or two to get the crew settled in,” Jim stated.

After an hour everyone settled in, I give them all 50 dollars so they can buy food. “You have an hour to get your food,” I tell them. While they were buying their food, I bought some history books, walkie-talkies, and went to the library to get newspapers from recent history.

We set sail as soon as everyone returned. One hour later, they are already pulling in their first haul of fish. I hear Jim say that this is the fastest he has ever had to pull the net in on the first go. They lower the net back in and not even 30 minutes later they are pulling it back up full of fish. I knew the Luck of the Sea skill was good when I read the description, that’s the reason I chose to start with a fishing business, to begin with. But, reading about it and see it in action are two different things. If it’s this powerful, I don’t have to worry about getting the mission complete.

In the captain's quarters, I read through all the books and newspapers I brought. I tested my Eidetic Memory while reading and realized a few things. Though I only need a glance to memorize the page, I would not understand the meaning of the words on the page. It would be like a photograph, all the words are there, but you need to take a closer look to comprehend them.

After finishing the history books, I conclude that, at least within these history books, this earth's history is mostly the same as my own with a few differences. Cities have different names, companies had different names, and there are even companies that did not exist in my world like Wayne Enterprise and Queen Industries, but for the most part, everything is the same. In one of the newspapers, I found a Daily Planet an article about a meteor shower in Smallville, Kansas, that happened a few months ago, which means Clark is already on earth.

After the crew caught their tenth haul, I hear a knock on my door. I open it and it’s Jim.

“Sir, we have a problem. I think we may have a hole in the storage. It is still not full after ten full nets,” Jim says in a worried tone.

“Oh, I had a new system installed so it can hold more. Just focus on leading the crew and let me worry about storage,” I tell him a more believable version of the truth. I did install something new and it can hold more. I just left out how much more it can hold.

“Ok sir,” Jim states, looking skeptical about what I said.

A few days later, I hear a notification from the system.

[Chain Mission, Fish Business, Mission Objective 1 Complete.
Rewarded 20 exp, Ship Building & Upgrade Dock, Treasure Locator, and 500 GSP.]

Chain Mission: Fish Business
Mission Objective 2: Earn 100,000,000 dollars for things taken from the sea in six months.
Reward: 200 exp, Production and Manufacturing machinery unlocked in the shop, Treasure Locator Upgrade Token, and 5,000 GSP.
Punishment: Unable to continue chain mission.]

54