The Fish Charm
3.9k 2 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After arriving at the gas station, I buy 100 gallons of fuel for the boat. I put the fuel into the inventory so I won't run out of gas at sea. I put the fuel in ten-gallon gas cans, so it would be easier to take out when I needed them. I also made sure no one saw me fill all of them up, but when I went to pay, the cashier still gave me a weird look. Pay with card has not been implemented to the full extent yet. It makes me miss the convenience of the future.

I travel to a hardware store after leaving the gas station. I purchase some woodworking tools and a few pieces of oak wood. I go buy a few pots so, when I finish carving the fish, I can place them in the fish blood.

Following buying the pots, I check the time and find that an hour had passed. Hal should have everything ready when I get back.

Back at the shipyard, I sign a few things and transfer the money over to Hal. I take the keys for it and drive it to where the trawler is. I start making the fish charm.

After a few minutes, I made something that kind of looks like a fish. I throw it in a pot with fish blood while I start making another one because I don't think that one will turn out well.

I made six of them before I ran out of wood. After letting them all soak in the blood for about an hour, I took them out. All I have left to do is pour some ki into them.

Picking up the first one I made, I begin to channel ki into it, but just as I start, it shatters into hundreds of pieces. I pick up the second one and do the same, but this time I try to channel less ki. This time instead of shattering, it only broke in half. On the third try, I succeed. Instead of just adjusting the amount of ki, I tried circulating ki through the fish carving using the blood it absorbed. Upon succeeding, I receive a notification from the system.

[You have crafted Fish Charm(Poor Quality).
Novice Item Crafter Achievement obtained. Blazing Blacksmiths Hammer awarded.]

Another achievement, that's great, and I got an item this time. The Fish Charm I made has a poor quality rating. I wonder if that will negatively impact the effects. "System, show me descriptions for the Fish Charm and Blazing Blacksmiths Hammer," I say.

[Fish Charm(Poor Quality)- Fish catch rate +10% to an entire ship. Due to the inferior quality of ingredients and bad craftsmanship, this works quality was reduced to poor. If not for the quality of ki used to make it, the Fish Charm would not have any effects what so ever.

Blazing Blacksmiths Hammer- Every time you stick down with the hammer, it heats up what you're working with significantly. Items made with the have a 15% chance to gain a fire-related ability based on what the item is.]

Looking at the Fish Charms description, I felt a little ashamed about my shoddy craftsmanship, but I also realized that the fish blood and wood I used were bad as well. I will need to get better quality ingredients if I expect better quality items.

"Why do system items not have qualities but, the item I crafted does, System?"

[System Items do not need a quality because the effects do not vary.]

"I suppose that makes sense," I relent.

I finished crafting the rest of the fish charms. Of the three remaining carvings, two of them came out with poor quality, and one had a common quality. The common quality one had a 20% bonus to fish catch rate instead of the poor quality ones with only 10%. I put the better Fish Charm on the trawler.

Before I go out to sea, I look at the map function I unlocked. I want to see how the teleportation points work.

Opening up the map, I see a detailed overview of Central City and where I am currently located in Alaska. I conclude from that information that the map will only show areas I have been. Touching the map, I find that I can zoom in and out just like on a touch screen. I tap on a place on the map, and a prompt appears.

[Do you wish to set a teleportation point here? Once the teleportation point is set, it can't be changed until a week after you set it. Yes/no]

I select no. Then I scroll the map to the alleyway I formed my avatar in and placed a teleportation point there. I also place another one in a back alley by Mason Shipyard.

I tap on the teleportation point I placed in Central City, and I am issued another prompt.

[Do you wish to teleport here? Yes/no]

I hit yes, and I am suddenly enveloped by a blue glow. I have a tingling sensation throughout my whole body. Then, I see the blue grow brighter before my whole surroundings change. I was now in the alleyway, exactly where I placed the teleportation point.

The teleportation points work. And I do not even have to be there in person to set one. I only have to have been there. This opens a bunch of ways to utilize it. But before that, I decided to see if the teleportation function has a cooldown.

Opening the map again, I chose to teleport back to Alaska. A few moments later, I am back in Alaska, right by Mason Shipyard.

"So there isn't any cooldown, but the teleporting takes about three seconds. I won't be able to effectively use this in combat, but it is a great utility," I think aloud to myself.

51