Mother’s Worry
3.1k 2 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I go to my hotel room to take a shower, as I had been out all day. After finishing my shower, I take a taxi to the nearest airport to purchase a ticket, for the day after tomorrow, to New York City. New York has some of the biggest auction houses in the United States, perfect for selling the diamond I found in the wrecked ship.

After I bought the ticket, I returned to the hotel and switched back to my main body. I have probably had my mother worried as I have been busy for the last few days, not able to return to my main body. To her, it would appear that I am sleeping abnormally long and deep, possibly making her worry if I am sick or if something is wrong with me. As soon as Amber is hired, I should spend more time in my main body and enjoy being a child again with my family. As I thought that, I hear a system notification.

[Daily Mission: Family Time
Mission Objective: Spend two hours with your family.
Reward: Choose: Ki Gathering Pill, One Random Skill Fragment, or One Random Recipe Fragment.]

"Wow, another daily mission. I'm starting to think the system might be responding to my desires. Are you System," I ask in a happy tone.

[The system does make missions corresponding to your desires sometimes, but not frequently because that would negatively impact your ability to develop problem-solving skills.]

"That pretty cool, now, would you please give my information on the rewards for the mission I just got," I say, a little excited.

[ Ki Gathering Pill- A pill that greatly helps to gather ki for non-cultivators. For cultivators, the effect of the pill varies, from moderate to nothing at all, depending on how strong the cultivator is.
Random Skill Fragment- Combine 5 fragments to make a Bronze Random Skill Token, 10 to make a Silver Random Skill Token, 30 to make a Gold Random Skill Token.
Random Recipe Fragment- Combine 3 to get a random recipe.]

"That's great and all, but what do the random skill tokens do. I get that they probably give me a random skill, but what is the difference between all the tokens."

[Bronze Random Skill Token- 80% chance common skill, 19% chance uncommon skill, and 1% chance rare skill
Silver Random Skill Token- 80% chance uncommon skill, 19% chance rare skill, and 1% chance super rare skill
Gold Random Skill Token- 80% chance rare skill, 19% chance super rare skill, and 1% chance epic skill]

"Those odds are not in my favor if I want a good skill unless I save up to make the Gold Random Skill Token," I state, in a defeated tone. "Does my luck affect the odds at all," I ask the system?

[A luck value below 100 does not affect the odds.]

"Aw, that's too bad," I say, disappointed that my luck would not affect the odds at all.

[However, your luck will affect the random recipes you get.]

Hearing that brought my mood up a little.

----------

My son has had me worried lately. I mean, ever since he was born I have been worried about him, but he has had me especially worried the past few days. He has been sleeping for an unusually long time recently, sometimes up to eight hours. When Rose was a baby, she usually woke up crying every couple of hours. But that is not the main reason for being worried. When he is sleeping, he sleeps very deeply.

About five days ago, I went to go wake Ash up to feed him because I wanted to take a nap after cleaning all day. I called out his name as I picked him up. When he did not wake up, I was started to get worried, so I called out his name louder. He still did not wake up, so I immediately checked his breathing, frightened that something is wrong with him. As I put my ear up to his chest and hear him breathing fine, I let out a sigh of relief. But I was still worried, so I called my mother, who was now a doctor after going back to college. She was one of the only doctors I trust after what happened to me in that facility.

Calling her, I got the answering machine, "You have reached the phone of Dr. May Ashton. I am out at the moment, in London for a conference for a few days. If this is a business call, please call again later."As I heard the message, I remember her telling me that she had to go to London for a few days and that she said she would come to visit as soon as she was finished.

After I heard her voice and knowing she would be coming to visit soon, I calmed down. The following few days, I keep a close eye on Ash. He scared me a few times, making me contemplate calling my husband home, but I decided against it. He was on an extremely important business trip, and I was probably overreacting.

Sometime tomorrow, my mother should be coming here to visit. Late last night, she left a message on my answering machine telling me she was flying in tomorrow.

----------

After going through the information on the new mission, I cry out for food as I was hungry from not eating for a while. I still had to cry even after I practiced for a long time. If I wanted to speak, I would have to wait for my voice box and vocal cords to develop more. The best I could do currently is two-letter words, and even that is garbled.

After waiting for a few moments, my mother picked me up and started feeding me. While I was feeding, my mother started to speak to me.

"Honey, you've had me so worried the past few days, but tomorrow, your grandmother is coming to check on you," she says in a cheery tone. "She is a doctor, pretty amazing, right," she states in a proud voice. "She has really been wanting to meet you, but work has kept her busy. She will probably arrive very early tomorrow. Are you excited to meet your grandmother," she asks in baby talk.

When she tells me that she has been worried about me the past few days, I feel terrible. "System is there any way for my main body to wake up from stimulus or notify me if someone is trying to wake me up."

[Searching.....]

[Evaluating......]

38