Chapter 06
559 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Hmmm..."

He looked down and waved his legs back and forth again.

'I mean they already have a hero or the chosen one who is the soon-to-be-wife of the crown prince, what more do they need?'

"No. Not that... How are we..."

Before he could go deeper into his thoughts and doubts, Linda's panicked scream brought him back outside of his thoughts.

"What's wrong?"

"Edwin, I don't think we would be with the duchess for long..."

She whispered but Edwin could hear her words roughly with his enchanted hearing.

Their senses became sensitive after they were transported into their new bodies. This gives them the advantage of being able to whisper to each other softly without being heard by others.

Although they didn't have the telepathy that most twins in fantasy worlds have, they still feel grateful for the addition of their strong physical strength. He stared at her in shock and beckoned her to explain to him in more detail.

"We are four years apart from Maverick's age and two years apart from Charlotte's."

Edwin slowly nodded in understanding and Linda continued.

"This means even if we are only seeing Maverick for two years, we still have her for four years at the Academy..."

She explained the holes in the plan she laid out previously. He stared at her in confusion as to why it mattered before feeling his throat go dry at the next words.

"Knowing this, there will also be one of her friends who is extremely in a hostile relationship with the twins, of similar age to us. If my memory serves me right, Maverick considers her as his only family more than the twins."

Her voice suddenly broke down at the end in fear of who the girl was.

"Ivory hair and silver eyes?"

He mumbled for confirmation to his twin seeing her nod vigorously and continue.

"Plus the duchess wasn't around when these things happened as her situation was noted unknown. Seeing how she acts with us, she truly loves her children."

"But isn't she a duchess? The hero and pride of the empire who is like an incarnation of our ancestor?"

He questioned some background information that the author didn't clearly write out in the story.

"I wanted to befriend Charlotte but I'm afraid if we were to avert the original novel..."

She whispered to herself in regret. Edwin giggled at his sister's desire though not knowing what is the feeling since he didn't like the main couple of the story.

"Well, all the characters were well written but the romance between the leads averted from the plot. I should've paid more attention to the details if I had known God had plans for us..."

He replied gently then suddenly flinched at Linda's shimmering eyes.

"That's it! We can find out why Ramona has such a balanced relationship with Maverick unlike the twins by interacting with her!"

She sat up and clapped excitedly. Edwin got up and hurriedly reached to cover her mouth. He brought his hand down and whispered angrily.

"Shhh—! Have you forgotten we are up at midnight without anyone's knowledge?!"

"Ah!"

She nodded in understanding and shut her mouth before regretfully muttering.

"If we had telepathy then we wouldn't have to worry so much about our surroundings..."

Edwin stroked her hair and replied.

"That... Would be indeed useful... Hah..."

The atmosphere dropped into silence. He pouted his mouth slightly then returned to his carefree attitude.

"It's not that important anyway. So don't worry too much and enjoy our current childhood as much as we can."

"And forget our previous lives?"

Linda looked at him with a disapproving expression. He heaved a breath of frustration and continued to stroke her hair.

"Hah... Then do you know a way we can get back? Also finding out about Albert's..."

"Albert?"

She tilted her head and stared at him confusingly.

'Why did he suddenly cut off?'

"The one that you mostly hang out with?"

He looked at her sadly which made her even more doubtful and terrified wondering what happened between them while she was not aware. He gazed at her calmly.

"It's nothing you have to worry yourself about, shall we get to bed and continue this later?"

She slowly nodded and crawled under her bed with the pile of paper under her armpit. She bent her body lower and carefully placed the paper that was within a book under the bed's cushion and stuck it there.

She climbed back up and went to bed with her brother by her side. She still wondered why they did not have a separate bed but thought she didn't need to know because she gets even more grateful and safe with the person who is on her side.

"You sound like an old man who experienced many things seeing you sigh so much today."

She mumbled as she shut her eyes not noticing her twin's crumpled expression.

———

The next morning the sun had risen and shone within their room. The maids, Mira, Juliet, and Amanda, came in like usual as they opened the curtains and cleaned the room.

Amanda, the older one, woke the two up to wash them up. She filled up the tub with warm water as Juliet brought in the fragrance and spread it on top.

They were brought into the warm water though they still felt awkward but had to accept it. This was difficult for modern people like themselves.

But considering their young age, they weren't stubborn in receiving help. After washing them up, they were dried and brought back to their room with towels wrapped around them.

Mira slowly dries them up as Amanda walks to the closet room and looks for indoor clothing. Juliet brought a brush to neatly brush their now messy hair.

After getting dressed, they followed the trio to the diner for breakfast. The two trudged behind them at a fast pace with difficulty. Amanda, noticing this, slowed down for them to comfortably walk.

The two inwardly breathed out in relief. Unexpectedly, other than the red-haired woman, Juliet, Amanda, and Mira are thoughtful and genuine in serving and following their words.

'Sometimes I can't get used to these tight dresses...'

Linda looked down at her stomach and glared at the part that was being gripped tightly. She turned to look at her front and closely followed her twin to the dining room.

Although she didn't want to think about the worst scenario, she still thought of her mysterious and unknown birth father whom her mother spoke of, longing for.

When Linda was a year old, she stared up at her mother who was holding them on her lap, gazing in the distance, unfocused.

She doesn't know how she knew, but somehow she believes that the bodies' memories are probably slowly transported to them.

They had finally arrived and as Juliet and Amanda opened the door for them, they saw the duchess at the head of the table and Maverick to her right. Looking at them, they felt a tense and awkward atmosphere between the two.

"Linda, Edwin! You both look as lovely as ever today!"

The duchess as always, smiled sweetly at them and stretched her arms in the air, happily.

They felt quite embarrassed at the duchess's compliments and doting words. With the smiling duchess and a silent Maverick, they slowly released their awkwardness quickly.

The atmosphere slowly became warm and had them think the previous atmosphere was just their imagination. They walked to the left seats and sat down with the help of Amanda and Mira.

"Good morning, momma!"

Linda and Edwin responded to her in unison.

"Good morning, Brother."

Edwin said his morning greetings to his newfound older sibling as Linda followed suit.

Maverick just gave them a nod towards them and turned his head back, eating his meal maturely. They felt their smiles strain.

'Isn't he just an 8-year-old?!'

 

 

AKS

9