Chapter 29
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Then don't stand there and have him escort me instead."

He stated his words from word to word without any drop of warmth being brought out of his mouth.

Riley stood there and bowed at him calmly. unknown to the ones in the room, her forehead was intensely sweating.

She doesn't know how to feel about this. Fear? Anger? She felt quite complex about her feelings right now even though she soon finds it odd.

Then she realized something.

'Ah, yes. The aura and expression he is showing were exactly like 'his.'''

She darkly thought. If it weren't for the duchess, she couldn't imagine what would've happened to her.

"Young Ian is sparring with the vice-captain right now, so he is in no position to safely escort you to your destination"

Even if it seemed against his wishes, she thought if she or Arthur were to fail her wishes, they knew would happen right behind the scenes.

She smiled at the young boy in front of her without moving an inch from her spot.

A vein popped out from his temple as he smiled at the female knight in front of him. Edwin quite felt pissed about this.

Ever since Rebekah put them in room arrest they weren't able to get out for the past few days just because of that child.

He frowned in alarm at what the duchess revealed while examining Romeo.

'Female...'

At first, he was suspicious, but he finally discovered his theory of Romeo had holes that weren't filled.

He wasn't sure what was it but he at least needed to tell Linda about this and he was sure she would know faster than he.

Thinking this way, he decided to first talk about it with her first then grab Ian to look for Romeo.

He found Romeo's name quite funny but ignored it after thinking of the name of one of their maids, Juliet.

'The tragedy of Romeo and Juliet, huh...'

He shook his head to dismiss the absurd imagination he was thinking and laughed it off.

Riley and Arthur frowned at their laughing second young master in front of them. They widen their eyes as they watch him turn his back against him and wave his hands.

"Fine, you can shut the door back as I stay here."

He brought his arms behind his head then turned his head. He had a cocky smile on his face.

"Though do bring Ian to our room once he's done."

He turned his back not looking for a refusal and walked towards his sister who was waiting on their gigantic bed.

The two knights nodded in unison and walked toward their positions after they shut the door.

"...Ugh."

Linda groaned as she glared at Edwin.

"Are you out of your mind?!"

Edwin scratched his head with a silly smile. She hated his smiles. All have their annoying meaningful way which frustrates her to the bone.

"Sorry, sorry! I was really mad about being locked up and all for the past few days, Lin..."

She looked up at him puffing her cheeks in anger. She crossed her arms and stared at him for another answer.

"Ahaha."

He flexibly jumped over the bed and sat across from her. He crossed his legs and brought his hands atop his feet.

"Actually... I got something in my mind that has been bothering me lately..."

He gazed at his hands and then looked up to meet his little sister's once and always intelligent-eyes.

No matter if they were separate and swept away from each other if he weren't to discriminate from the humans to his sister, he would not call himself Ron but a scum who needs to be hung.

That is how much he adores and admires his younger sister.

Even though her innocence doesn't shine in her eyes anymore, at least it has been brightening not only with him but also with Rebekah, Alastair, and a few of the servants of the mansion.

He smiled at the thought. But it wasn't the time for this as he parted his lips speaking out his troubling thoughts.

"Romeo and Ramona."

Hearing this, Linda nodded softly. Staring at her with wide eyes, he was finally able to confirm this.

That letter truly didn't lie. Ramona was truly that child Romeo. But why did she go by the name 'Romeo?'

He frowned at the disturbing thought that was coming in and out. Linda stretched her fingers out and rubbed between his eyes and brows as she seriously gazed at him.

"You aren't good with these kinds of things, so just leave it to me and don't think too much."

Hearing her words, his heart felt heavy. Truly his sister was mature enough to even consider holding the burden alone.

He swallowed the bitterness that was rising within him and nodded. If he were to involve himself in stopping her, she would burden herself even more.

"We should really take our nap before dinner."

Linda grabbed his arm and dragged him next to her. She grabbed the fluffy and thick blanket on top of Edwin and brought herself within the blanket.

She snuggled with it for a bit then finally her breath became even. He stared at her fixedly then sighed at her hands that were grabbing a hold of his arm.

Somehow he felt blessed to have his sister with him in this unknown world.

Even if he were to have a close relationship with the people in this world, he knows that nothing will fill the empty spots within his heart as he looks up at the ceiling longingly.

He slowly tried to make shapes or memories out of the people he left in their original world but had trouble making them out. This made him worried.

He clearly remembers them but at the same time, he doesn't. He remembers their parents yet their faces are blurry. He remembers their grandmother's soft and gentle voice yet he can't even remember what she looked like.

But at least he somehow remembers their aunt. He wondered how she was holding and prayed for her not to beat herself too much and at least move on with their deaths.

Thinking that way, he peacefully shut his eyes as he finally lost consciousness to his slumber.

 

 

AKS

2