Chapter 61 – Operation Torch
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Vichya Dominion..." Renown muttered.

"The civil war between both Iris Libre and Vichya Dominion has drastically decrease our fighting forces. Even the Commander also looked a bit troubled with the current state of the situation after he visited Royal Navy." Brooklyn wry smile caused everyone to sigh.

Renown asked for a map and begin to cross out places she has been into. "I would expect some heavy resistance from them, but it's impossible to determine their current situation. I have searched for them around this area, but i think they are likely hidden to ambush." 

"And if they dare to aim their gun at us, we will teach them a lesson they will remember as long they alive." Wichita grinned, looking excited what was about to come. 

"There are concerning issue i have on my mind, who is going to deal with the specific battleship they have? That sister of the Cardinal." Ranger commented. 

"Jean Bart of Vichya Dominion? I shoul-" Renown's suggestion was abruptly cut off.

"No, i will do it as the flagship of this operation." Massachusetts stepped in the conversation, "I have something to do with her."

The girls exchanged nods and silently agreed on the plan. They began arranging battle formations to counter the enemy smoothly. However, the mass-produced ships they had wouldn't provide much fighting power, especially with only securing the landing forces. They anticipated problems ahead, so they reserved some power in exchange for a smooth operation.

After an hour of arranging the plan, they begin their operation as Siren attacked them from behind. The mass-produced Siren was took down easily by Massachusetts. They moved to the arranged location of the landing forces and begin repelling the Siren attack. 

"This is the Siren forces? They are lesser than i thought." Cleveland muttered.

"It's great then! We can focus our attention to Vichya's fleets if we destroy every Siren in this area." Wichita spoke while shooting down some of the incoming plane. 

In the distance, they saw a Siren carrier fleet that launched their plane to attack them. Massachusetts glanced at the Royal Navy girl who swiftly used her sword to cut down through Siren's planes and stabbed through their wings, then moved to another. She focused her gaze on the distance and fired several rounds to the carrier. 

"Bullseye." Smirking on the hit, Massachusetts moved onto another ship. 

Renown on the other hand used her rigging as a counterattack from the enemy. As long her target inside her vision, she can snipe from the distance. Barrage of salvo was rained to her, in retaliation she dashed through the barrage and aimed her sword tip to the enemy. Some Siren ship could be seen exploding simultaneously near the corner of her eyes. 

Ranger controlled her dive bomber to attack the cruiser in the vanguard position. It dodged the anti-air attack with precise movements and dropped its bombs right on top of its target. She focused her mind on the Siren cruiser, prioritizing the destruction of the troublesome Siren forces one by one.

Not long after, there was a sudden Salvo from far away. Someone entered the warzone, it was the Vichya Dominion fleets. Their overwhelming fleets combined with the templar knights of Vichya Dominion sends shudder through Ranger's body. 

"So you've come at last." Jean Bart stepped forward, holding her faction flag. "I've been waiting for you, intruders of Iris Orthodoxy. Did you come here to rob us again? After everything we've did? A traitor to the core, Azur Lane." 

"Traitor? How ironic, your faction are born from the betrayal and disolve of Orthodoxy, how could you say that while you yourself are the one who causing it in the first place." Renown scoffed. 

"Shut up, isn't this what Richelieu wanted? My sister?" Jean Bart glared at the battlecruiser. 

"You are misunderstanding something, we definitely had something back on the past. It was a series of accident, that leads everything to this. But may i dare to say, you have crossed rules that was never meant to be stepped on. Becoming the Iron Blood's own doll is one of things i can't forgive." She replied with a trembling voice. 

"Nonsense! The Vichya Dominion will not bow down to Crimson Axis or Azur Lane!" Jean Bart declared. "All my comrades! It has been year ever since our home has been vandalized and liberated once, they lack any concept of chivalry, in the same way they lack any concept of faith. The only things they know are deception and betrayal! On that day, we were indeed defeated. However, we were able to painfully learn the true nature of this world better than anyone else. The enemy was strong then. But we too have grown. We are no longer the same Vichya Dominion that we were before." She said by raising her flag forward. "Those evildoers were able to evade divine retribution once... And now they come for our homeland once more! Once again, Cavaliers of the Vichya Dominion, our crusade begins now! We shall now prove to the world that we are the true Iris Orthodoxy! Glory shall smile upon us!"

After her declaration, all fleets aimed their gun at them. With a small whisper, Jean Bart said. "Que Dieu vous bénisse tous." 

"Enemy attack incoming!" Ranger notified every warship through her comms. 

"Thi- this is the worst scenario! Everyone take cover and destroy the enemies!" Renown shouted. 

Salvo of high-caliber guns rained the fleets, they were forced to take some scratch from the explosion. Wichita gritted her teeth and forced to take an evasive maneuver. She used her anti-submarine warfare to destroy an incoming torpedo that was about to hit her. 

"Damn this bastard, they are very hard to deal with. Ranger! What's the status of our ground forces!" She went to a safe place behind a mass-produced ship. 

"The landing force has sustained significant damage! Requesting backup!" Brooklyn that was aiding the forces interject the comms with desperation. "I repeat! The landing force has sustained significant damage! Requesting backup!" 

"Fuck, we are totally not in a good position." She cursed. 

"I knew it wouldn't be this easy." Ranger checked her rigging. "Will we make it in time?" She knows that the Vichya ships are hard to dealt with, but this operation was for the sake establishing a wall due to Crimson Axis influence, she swtiched her comms channel to notify everyone on the area. "All air and sea forces, the mission has changed. Prioritize suppressing all shore defenses near Casablanca and begin landing operations there.

"So, looks like we've ended up fighting after all... Though, I won't get to show off if the enemy doesn't have any planes..." Cleveland sighed. 

Suddenly something flew above her and bombed the area around her. She didn't catch the figure but it was clearly a Siren's bomber plane. Cleveland dodged the explosion, she used her anti-air gun to destroy the plane above her. After it explodes, another one coming out from the smoke. 

"Wooaaahhh! So they got a Siren carrier? I got to show off my anti-air defense then!" Grinning to her gun, she aimed it at the Siren plane. 

"Cleveland! Don't let your guard down, i'll leave the anti-air defense to you." Wichita glanced at her.

Cleveland nodded to her. "Roger that! These Siren planes are no match for my gun!" 

"I will deal with the Siren carrier, so back me off!" Wichita rushed forward using brute force. 

The heavy cruiser moved in a zigzag pattern, dodging incoming bullets from Siren destroyers and using her rigging as a shield to defend against the battleship salvo. A plane attempted to hit her, but it was exploded by Cleveland's anti-air gun. Wichita smiled, acknowledging Cleveland's support, and identified the Siren carrier from a distance, with a battleship positioned in front of it.

"Here goes!" Wichita shouted.

She aimed her rigging at the battleship that was defending the aircraft carrier. Her gun fired an Armor-Piercing shell at the battleship's hull, causing water to leak from inside the ship and resulting in electrical malfunctions throughout the vessel's control systems. When she was getting nearer, she shoots the side of the ship and made the ship sunk. 

Wichita swiftly approached the carrier, where planes were attempting to take off. She targeted the aircraft, shooting them down and causing the flight deck to erupt in flames. Ensuring no more planes could launch, she moved to the rear of the carrier. First, she used her gun to pierce the ship's hull, causing an explosion from within. Then, she scratched the side of the ship, causing water to leak inside. Finally, she triggered explosions within the ship, destroying the aircraft and causing further damage. 

After dealing with the first aircraft carrier, Wichita set her sights on another one in the distance. She engaged in battle after battle, ensuring that the team could fight smoothly.

"Wichita, let's retreat for a while. The enemy is getting stronger, and we need to prioritize the safety of the ground forces. Don't rush into their ranks recklessly!" Cleveland advised.

Wichita clicked her tongue in annoyance but she agreed after pondering for a while. "Alright, let's go retreat." 

They got back slowly and begin to rergroup with Ranger and the team. They took another formation and send the mass-production ships into the battlefield. Massachusetts only firing her salvo in silence while looking at Jean Bart that was leading the fight. 

"These... err, zealots... have a pretty extreme fighting style..." A stray bullet hit the water near her, "This shell... was fired from a large-caliber cannon. Is it her?" She glanced back at the battlefield. "What's her name again... Jean... Jean Ball?" 

"It's Jean Bart." Ranger answered her question with a slight resigned tone. 

"Interesting. This battle might be a bit more worthwhile with her around." She begin to move slowly towards the battlefield. 

"Don't forget about your role and duties!" Ranger reminded her again.

"Neutralize the enemy threat while minimizing the damage we sustain... Got it. I'll be off now." She nodded to her and rushed to the battlefield.

After finishing her fight, Wichita also exclaimed. "I'm also good to go over here!" 

Followed by Cleveland. "Hey, wait up!"

And lastly, Jenkins that was done her preparation. "I... I'll escort you!" 

"Hold up, all of you..." Ranger sighed, "Ahh, jeez... why does nobody bother thinking before they act?! This is why i hate to be the one commanding things." She launched her plane and commanded them. "Air squadrons, provide support for our forces!" 

0