Chapter 22 – Royal Decree
129 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, after Saratoga's fleet's arrival, i am currently in the underground where I've been teleported, and Akashi has followed me below. The current objective I have today is to get some clues about the device that has been used to implant the Savior into my mind. Everyone else in the Eagle Union is still resting due to the feast we had last night.

"Commander, is this the device you are talking about, nya?" Akashi handed me the small diamond-shaped device.

"Thank you, Akashi." I examined the device and found nothing inside it.

"Is it because it's already implemented in my mind?"

After I finished examining the device, I placed it back where it belonged, and we didn't find any clues about it, so we headed to the surface. I planned to meet the Queen to discuss something important,  i got into the Royal Navy's chamber located beside the main building of the port, i knocked at the door.

"Get in." Queen Elizabeth's voice resounded in my ear.

The maids opened the door for me, and I saw Elizabeth sitting on the throne. In normal royal culture, you need to bow down to the king or queen to seek an audience, but I didn't because we have the same standing. Well, technically my standing is a little bit higher than Queen Elizabeth's.

"Elizabeth, we need to discuss the recent developments of the major factions."

"Good timing, I also wanted to discuss it as well." The Queen smirked. "Before we depart, we have something to say, my Servant." Elizabeth turned her head to the side. "Belfast, please."

Belfast, who was on the Queen's side, silently walked and disappeared, as if knowing what the Queen meant. I didn't know where she went, but it was too fast for my eyes to follow. I blinked for a second, and when I opened my eyes, the chair and the table were already prepared in front of me. Belfast was a very diligent maid. I wondered if this was how she did her work with her perfect maid ability.

"Take a seat, my Servant. This is regarding our nation and the other major factions." Elizabeth took a seat prepared for her and me.

I took a seat opposite the Queen. "Is it about your reason for departing from this port? I have a hunch it's a troublesome one."

Elizabeth sighed. "Yes, it is as you said. The Royal Navy needs me to go back because Siren activity has started increasing. We also need to develop more ships using the wisdom cubes."

"What should I do if I need to contact you?"

"We have our measure for long-distance since the device is still under development by the Royal's Engineer." Queen Elizabeth handed me a small device that looked like a remote and a floating cube. "If you press that device right now, there will be nothing, because we haven't launched the device into the sky. I will contact you through this for a test run later."

"Right. Now about the other factions-" Greynar tried to change the topic before he forgot his main objective.

"Oh, and also our Royal Navy will act independently from you while maintaining loyalty to the Commander, as of right now." Elizabeth interrupted me.

"I knew this would happen sooner or later in the future, but this is sudden."

Greynar sighed. "...I have guessed it. That means I need to command the Eagle Union and other fleets only."

Elizabeth nodded. "Yes, but we also need your assistance and cooperation in the future. I will also send some of my subordinates to relay a message to you."

''I hate faction favoritism, but it's just as the story goes.'

"Then, what about the Sakura Empire and the Iris Orthodoxy? Do you have any news regarding their encounter with Crimson Axis?" I asked.

Elizabeth looked troubled with my question. "No, we don't have any news about it, but we have heard from the Iris Orthodoxy that they rejected their invitation. As for the Sakura Empire, they seem to have secluded themselves, not allowing any visitors to enter their territory. We don't know what they're doing right now, and even our recon planes can't trespass the border."

"I see. No wonder I haven't received any news from them. What about the Northern Parliament and Dragon Empery?" I asked.

"Both factions are still recovering from the sudden Siren attack. The Northern Parliament is making great progress and discoveries while on an expedition," Elizabeth replied.

"Discoveries? What kind of discoveries?" I raised my brow.

"Avrora asked me to help with the discovery. It might be a Siren stronghold." Elizabeth said.

"A Siren stronghold? Isn't it dangerous to recklessly go in there without any preparation?" I asked.

"It's not a problem. The stronghold itself hasn't been activated for quite a while." Elizabeth assured me.

The door to the chamber opened, and I could see Warspite and Illustrious entering. "Your Majesty, the preparations are complete. We could leave at any time." Warspite said.

"Thank you, Warspite and Illustrious," Elizabeth said before turning to me. "Any questions you want to ask before we end this discussion, my servant?"

"No, thank you for the information, Elizabeth," I replied.

"Good. As the Monarch of Great Britain, I hereby order you to keep up with your duty as the Commander of Azur Lane." Elizabeth declared.

I smiled and played along. "I humbly accept your order, Your Majesty."

Queen Elizabeth nodded and turned to Warspite. "Warspite, prepare for our voyage right now."

"Yes, Your Majesty." Warspite replied before bowing and leaving the room.

They left the room, leaving me alone in the chamber. I sighed, i looked 

I turned towards the throne, and suddenly, something hit my head hard. I crouched down in pain, looking around to see what it was. It turned out to be a small fighter plane, a Hellcat. I picked up the plane and placed it on the table, still trying to find the assailant.

"Where are you looking? I'm right over here~" a voice said, taunting me.

'It's her prank' I heard Saratoga's voice behind me.

"Saratoga? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I followed you from behind when you went into the Royal Navy's chamber, ehe~" Saratoga winked.

"How did you even get in?"

"I only said that I'm your bodyguard, but I silently hid behind the pillars."

"You're a mischievous carrier ship."

"No! I'm only protecting you from danger."

"Liar."

"Nope~"

"Liar."

"Nope~"

"Liar-"

We kept arguing for a whole minute until Saratoga gave up and admitted to pranking me after I got out from the chamber. I admit, she is a really fun person to talk to.

6