Chapter 32 – Midway Showdown
85 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Greynar and his fleets has sailed roughly for 3 hours from NY Harbor to Hawaii Island using their full speed. Surprised that the journey didn't take that long because the world map is very different to his origin place, leaving him need to relearn every geographical map he knows.

The Cleves-sisters are protecting Greynar's command fleet from the front while Enterprise and Hornet from the side. Yorktown with Hammann following behind while the mass produced ship scattered around them to expand the range of formations. Greynar also kept in touch with Volga using his communicator for her to inform about the situation and him to command her.

While it is obvious that Akagi's fleet are on the advantage position, Volga gave them a run for their money using her rigging and her planes, while Albacore diving around them exploding many destroyer that are left unprotected by the Anti Submarine cruiser and Aurora being the vanguard defense that took out many light cruiser and heavy cruiser while also prioritizing Anti Submarine.

"Commander, we will be entering Midway Island, i could see several Sakura Empire plane, from the looks of it Akagi was nowhere to be seen." Enterprise voice entered the comms channel.

"We'll have to stay cautious, we may never know if Akagi is chasing our tail or the head, make sure you stay aware of your surrounding." Greynar warned her.

"It looks like they're holding out well, but what is on Midway Island that they are seeking?" Cleveland interjected the conversation. 

"They are seeking for that device on the Midway Island, i don't know how they found out about it but it might be possible due to Siren's information." Yorktown answered her question. 

"Lets load half of the planes with torpedoes. Fighter squadron will be intercept the enemy first." Greynar ordered. "Bombard them with dive bomber after you shot down the enemy planes." 

"Yes, Commander." Horned answered firmly.

Having to recieve Hornet affirmation, he switched channel. "Cleveland, and Montplier, assist Hornet and defend her from incoming boats, especially if there is a suicide boat." 

"Got it! Let's show them the true power of the Cleveland-class!" Cleveland replied enthusiastically, her voice brimming with determination.

"Right sister, Knights of the Sea, onwards!" Followed by Montplier voice, they charged forward and start attacking.

"Now then, lets show those Sakura bastard the boss! For the Eagles! For freedom!" Hornet launched several fighter planes to the sky.

After they start attacking, Greynar then ordered another command. "Yorktown, assist us on monitoring the sky behind us using your recon plane, report me if you find anything." 

"Yes Commander, i will make sure to report you any unusual activities." Yorktown slowed her movement focused her sense to the recon plane. 

The splash of water from the volley caused a surge of wave that shook the nearby mass produced ship, having to defend the island by all means, Volga stalling the enemies from approaching the island with her rigging. Roaring throughout the battlefield, her rigging moved with precision, crashing through enemy vessels in a display of sheer power. Seeing how her condition still the same after recieveing hits from volley, Volga kept pushing through enemy flank to target the mass produced aircraft carrier. 

Leading the mass produced ship to the wave of enemies, Aurora opened a path for Albacore and the mass produced submarine to enter the battlefield without a disturbance from Anti Submarine ship, spotting a silhouette from a distance, she predetermined that its Soryuu and Hiryuu of the Sakura Empire. Flagging them as the enemy flagship, she warned Volga about them and moved to the backline of the fleets. 

Upon hearing her warning, Volga stopped at her track and joined up with Aurora to rearrange the defend. Volga suggested to be a bait but Aurora dismished it, eventually they agreed to a plan where they need to sacrifice some of the mass produced ship to create a path for them and making their way to Hiryuu and Soryuu. Albacore agreed with the plan and they begin to attack the frontline. Targetting destroyers one by one while also shooting down enemy's plane, Aurora and her mass produced light cruiser giving a hard time for the enemy to catch a breath. 

Coming from her behind, Volga sped up and recalled her planes and loaded it with torpedo bombers, at the gesture of her hand, she launched her torpedo bomber which destroyed half of enemy's line. Destroying the formation, Albacore shoot out a torpedo right under a mass produced battleship and exploding it into pieces. Displaying a mischievous grin, she then proceed to destroy another battleship without mercy surprising Aurora. 

The rigging roared loudly to warn Volga about an incoming enemy plane, she quickly reacted and evaded the attack. Recognizing that the enemy had singled her out as their target, Volga anticipated the situation and immediately alerted Aurora and Albacore  about what she about to prepare. With a wave of hand, she created a snow powder and gathered them in air while also holding her right hand on the air, a chilly atmosphere was felt by her ally. Before she could do anything, some enemy ship suddenly exploded, the mysterious attacker revealed herself through her comms. 

"We have arrived! Volga, you can stay back" Hornet smiled, she is brimming with excitement to run through the battlefield. "These will be a good warm up for me."

With Hornet arrival, she could rest herself and caressing her rigging like her own pet. "Okay, its all up to you and the Commander now, we will join you soon after we recieved enough amount of repairment." Volga instructed her comrade to retreat and disappear.

Looking at her back, Cleveland and Montplier also arrived beside her, they complained that Hornet is too fast for them to catch up and she is being careless with her behavior. Hornet apologized to them and promised them to buy them an ice cream later after they finished the battle. 

Checking the area around her, she smirked. "Well enough chatter, it seems we have got company." Stretching her hand while counting the number of enemy, she readied her stance. "Give them a hell guys, for the Eagles! For freedom!" She charged through the massive amount of mass produced ship.

※ ※ ※

The sound of water splashing with thunderous roar of a fleet exploding, Greynar fleet has clashed with the enemy fleet and now its a struggle of power. He commanded Denver and Columbia to defend Yorktown while she is looking out for potential ambush from enemies, it was strange that Akagi and Kaga wasn't seen around, and because of that, Greynar was being cautious. 

"Yorktown how was the area around Midway?" Greynar asked.

"The reconnaissance plane didn't detect anything unusual. There was no sign of Akagi or Kaga's presence anywhere," Yorktown reported, her voice filled with concern. But suddenly, her eyes widened in disbelief as she processed the information from her recon plane. "Commander! Just now, my recon plane captured visuals of multiple Siren fleets heading our way! And leading them... it's Akagi and Kaga!"

Yorktown sent a live visual to Greynar, as he looked at the sight of the enemies, it was more than he could count. He warned Hornet and Yorktown to prepare for the worst, Enterprise asked him to participate in the battle. Greynar hesitated for a moment, considering the risks involved, but ultimately relented. He gave the order for Enterprise to participate, acknowledging the need to minimize the risk of losses in the face of such forces.

"Hornet, cover me, the Commander has given permission to engage." Enterprise summoned her rigging bow and surfed through the water. 

"Enty?" Hornet was surprised that Greynar gave such order, but she accepted it and asked Cleveland and her sisters to take over her battlefield. "Hang on, im coming to your location." She slowly back away from her position to Enterprise's.

"Enterprise, Hornet i will be also engaging the enemy too." Both sisters surprised by the voice, Yorktown coming to their direction. 

"Yorktown... but-" Enterprise relucant for a bit but knowing Yorktown, she gave up and agreed for her to join their fight.

"Considering it's not every day that all three of us get to fight together, we've got to show off the power of the Yorktown-class!" Yorktown brimming with excitement.

Enterprise smiled, agreeing with Yorktown that its not everyday occurrence to fight with her and Hornet together as a team. Even in bad condition, the sisters has unbreakable connection as a friend and family, they switched their gear into Anti Air and kicked forward. Battle of Midway has started.

2