Chapter 33 – Battle of the Three Sisters
83 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh my, how many times does this make now? Haven't these dullards learnt by now that their flying pieces of scrap metal are no match for our Zeros?" Akagi sneered.

Akagi's fighter shot down several Hellcat that are heading to her way, she commanded several Siren's fleet to launch attack against the trio Yorktown sister. 

"Akagi, Hiryuu and Soryuu seems on danger against those Eagle Union fleets and the Commander, the battle is clearly on our advantage but,"  Kaga said with a worried expression. "Should i-"

"Do as you wish, these Trashy Union are no match for our entire fleets." Akagi grinned. "Lets give them a hell, Suisei! Launch!" 

Kaga nodded. "I will leave this battle to you, Akagi." she dodged the incoming plane from Hornet and moved to Hiryuu's position. 

"Hiryuu, how was the frontline situation." Kaga asked.

"Not good, after the Commander fleet arrived, they have turned the table upon us." Hiryuu answered.

"I'll help you with these Siren fleet, get Soryuu to the backline. These ships will be our sacrificial pawn and we'll make it to the island if we keep pushing them." Kaga pointed out to the island behind Greynar's command ship.

"Got it." Hiryuu left the scene to call Soryuu back. 

Kaga looked back at Greynar's fleet and muttered. "If we could make the Commander join us, perhaps..."

※ ※ ※

Greynar's fleets has taken over the course of battlefield, he also controlled several mass produced battleship and cruisers that proficient on Anti Air siege to help Cleveland and her sisters. The battle was very one sided with Azur Lane winning, Greynar also ordered Hammann to stay with him all the time for her to defend him from a point blank range of the ship. 

"W-why do i have to do this..." Hammann grumbled.

Greynar seeing her like that felt bad. "Sorry Hammann, we have no choice but to make sure i have at least one shipgirl beside me."

"Hmph! I have no choice then since Yorktown told me to stand down and assist you." 

With her reply, he slightly chuckled. "Thank you." He then turned his gaze towards the battlefield.. "Now, the tides of war has flipped to our side, i hope we can hold it off till the end." 

Greynar comms ringed. "Commander, Montpelier here, the Siren fleet has been steadying increasing, should we back up a bit?" 

"Don't, we don't know what sleeve trick they have in hand if we back down now, also i will be personally help you taking down Siren's fleet." Greynar answered her question. 

"Okay-" Explosion was heard through the comms, Montplier dodged the incoming salvo. "You're an eyesore. Disappear!" Another explosion was also heard. "I'm pretty busy here, see you soon Commander."

"Haaa... This might be the worst part." Greynar slumped down in his chair. "Lets get to work then."

Greynar ship started to move forward with the mass produced main fleets that are standing by near the island. As soon he started to move, a dive bomber plane heading towards him and got shot by Hammann's anti air gun. Thinking that the range of enemy air attack has reached his area, he commanded several light cruiser and heavy cruiser to target the incoming dive bomber and torpedo bomber.

As he predicted, the Siren fleets started moving in their direction to confront their fleet. Hammann looked a bit intimidated by the sheer number of Siren ships they would have to fight. Her face carried a sense of dread, and she trembled slightly. Greynar noticed her unease and tapped her shoulder, reassuring her that they would not let a similar experience happen again. 

Greynar fleet started the fight with a salvo from a mass produced battleship, they replied immediately with a rain of salvo to his location causing wave of explosion near the ship he is riding on. Seeing how they are equal in firepower, Greynar looked through the enemy formation to locate a specific person. He found the person he looking for and begin to command the entire fleet to target her, the aircraft carrier Kaga. 

Cleveland saw what Greynar, from distance trying to aim and asked her sisters to retreat from their location. Everyone retreated to his location and the fleets begin to open fire, the bombardment failed where Kaga used her shikigami to create a forcefield protection for herself and counter attacked with torpedo bomber, causing the vanguard fleets lost half of its ships. 

Greynar cursed himself for not noticing that the Sakura Empire has their own technology to counter the Eagle Union. He then proceed to command the Anti Air fleets to shot down the plane and counter them with a barrage of bullets. The barrage of bullets pierced some of the Siren ship hull and exploded it, creating a sea of fire that halted the enemy ships.

"This struggle wont end well..." Greynar murmured to himself.

Before he could take any further action, a bright light suddenly illuminated the area, blinding his vision and overwhelming his senses.

※ ※ ※

"Haaa!!" Enterprise shot out several arrow from point blank range to a mass produced ship making it explode and goes into another Siren ship.

Yorktown launched a torpedo plane to one of the ship and dodged one of volley barrage from a battleship while also deploying her fighter to fight off the enemy swarm above the sky, she slowly moving towards Akagi who's her opponent is Hornet. The three sister slowly but surely making a progress with their fight. 

"Akagi, you don't have choice but to surrender now." Hornet spoke. 

"What are you saying Hornet, do you think i would back down without a fight? Hahaha!!" Akagi launched several fighter plane which consist Reppuu and Zero towards Hornet.

"Hornet! Dodge it!" Enterprise shouted from distance. 

"Huh?" Hornet noticed that those planes was just distraction, she almost dodge the incoming dive bomber from above.

"Aaahhh!!" Hornet exploded. 

"Hornet!!" Yorktown rush in and protected Hornet using her Hellcat to shoot down the dive bomber.

Enterprise swiftly move to Hornet's location dodging the mass produced ship, she used the Siren carrier as her stepping and jump forward attacking Akagi, she didn't let Akagi rest and attacked again with several dive bomber. 

Akagi dodged the dive bomber and made her way to Enterprise, she took out a shikigami doll and throw it to Enterprise. The doll exploded in front of her face, the explosion shockwave didn't left her unscatched but also damaged one of her steam catapult. 

"Ahaha... Hahahaha!" Akagi laughed, she is enjoying her time torturing the three sister.

"Enterprise! Don't fight her alone, let me also help you." Yorktown joined in holding Enterprise body. 

"Where is Hornet? Is she safe right now?" Enterprise asked.

"She is on a safe place where enemy couldn't attack, that's why i come here to help you."

"Sister..." Enterprise hesitated, unsure about letting Yorktown face Akagi in battle. However, realizing it was the best option they had, she made up her mind. "Okay, Yorktown, back me up from behind," she said, determination in her voice. With that, Enterprise readied herself once again and charged towards Akagi.

Enterprise clashed with Akagi head on, both of their rigging produced a spark. Yorktown moved sideways to dodge the incoming attack by Sakura Empire's mass produced light cruiser and destroyer, she barely getting hit from the bullets that rained upon her. 

Yorktown kicked off and used her rigging to detonate the ammunition inside the mass-produced ships, causing a massive explosion that hid her from Akagi's sight. Enterprise, noticing Yorktown's plan, swiftly grabbed hold of Akagi's arm and hurled her into the air. By the time Akagi regained her balance, it was too late. A fighter plane hit her and exploded, it was an unexpected kamikaze attack strategy used by Sakura Empire back then.

"Guuughh...." Akagi was hurt by the explosion.

Without giving her a time to make a move, the sisters delivered another combination attack to Akagi. Enterprise noticed something on Akagi's hand and told Yorktown to stop and back off. Akagi smirked, she already finished her special spell while the sisters busy fighting her. 

"Yorktown, Hornet, brace yourselves!" Enterprise shouted.

A blinding light from below engulfed them in an instant, when they opened their eyes, they has been moved to other side of the battlefield. Surprised by her surrounding, Enterprise located Greynar's fleet and retreated. Greynar who was surprised by the Yorktown sisters arrival after the blinding light asked them.

"Enterprise? Yorktown? How did... No this isnt the time for that, where is Akagi?" 

"We lost her trace, she retreated to Kaga's side while we are blinded." Yorktown answered.

"Haaa.... Change of plan, we need to protect this island at all cost." Greynar ordered.

"Understood." Readied her stance to attack the enemy once more, she spotted Akagi who is still recovering from her damage and shoot her arrow.

The arrow got deflected by Kaga's barrier, she looked at Akagi with a worry expression. "Sister, are you okay?" 

Akagi catching her breath responded. "Yeah, they are a tough one, attacking the Commander will be our priority now." 

Soryuu through their comms channel warned them. "No time to rest, Akagi, Kaga prepare yourself! The enemy's counterattack is incoming!" 

Getting back on her feet, Akagi issued a command. "...1st and 2nd Carrier Divisions, load your planes with torpedoes. Prepare for anti-ship combat!" 

The Siren fleets started to move forward as they loaded their planes with torpedoes. Greynar's side also started to move, the second round of the battle has started.

0