Chapter 37 – Taking a Leisure
74 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a month since the incident with Sakura Empire, and the harbour's condition is beginning to improve with daily operations being carried out by Greynar. The port has achieved a temporary state of calm with the arrival of spring. The rebuilding of Azur Lane's original base is also progressing faster, and it is expected to take only another month for it to be completed and habitable again after the incident that took everyone off guard.

The defence mechanism has been slightly improved due to the awareness of the increasing number of enemies in recent times. Queen Elizabeth keeps an eye on the European continent, exchanging information with the Azur Lane from time to time to keep tabs on the Crimson Axis. Only limited number information they can get from the Iron Blood, their current location was pretty much unknown to them.

The Iris Orthodoxy has fallen apart and could not contain the civil war within their territory. The faction split into two sides: the Vichya Dominion under the control of Iron Blood, and Iris Libre, who is attempting to reunite the faction. Since the Royal Navy had limited information, they had to wait for Naval HQ to respond to the incident. Queen Elizabeth was frustrated to be a passive player on this war, but she complied after a while. 

In the morning, Greynar sat on his chair as he usually did, reviewing documents that needed signing and sorting. Nothing has changed in recent days, except perhaps his relationship with the shipgirls. Although he isn't as dense as the average person when it comes to relationships, he believes there is no appropriate time to improve it with the Siren looming around, ready to attack anytime. However, he promised to try and take a more proactive approach in the future since it is an opportunity for him to achieve his lifelong dream. 

"Alright, this third section is done, i think im gonna take a break." Greynar put off his work and playing with his chair while looking through his phone.

If following based on the real history, the internet was not around during World War II and did not emerge until the 1960s. and it was not even called the internet, astonished by the rapid advance of the technology in this world, Greynar looked through the internet with great interest. Many post regarding Manjuu was popular, his feeds was filled with the intellegent yellow duck, from a food based on it, or a mascot based on the Manjuu.

"Wow... With this many post regarding Manjuu, i think its safe to say we have brainwashed the entire humanity with a duck." He chuckled a bit. 

Checking the time, he stood up and exited his room. He relaxed to make the most of his free time before his daily meeting with Queen Elizabeth. Roaming around the hall of the main building, he met with North Carolina on the way outside of the entrance carrying some sort of cardboard box.

"Oh, Commander! Can you help me carry this box inside? I need help moving this stuff to the main hall."

"Sure, let me help you with that."

Greynar accepted the box, thinking it would be light, which turned out not to be what he expected, the box was heavy enough that he almost fell, but he regained his footing and went inside. After placing the box, he came back and asked her about what's inside the box, she obviously didn't tell him about the content inside the box and went inside with a smile and bid farewell.

Greynar shrugged it off and carried on with his walk, not wanting to disturb her any further. He walked a couple of miles to the park by the dockyard, where he found the exercise arena and saw the girls training together. Their training was overseen by Enterprise, where Volga and Aurora were competing against Hornet and Hammann. Both fleets were exhausted in an endurance battle, particularly Hammann, as she was just a destroyer, and her breathing was rough. 

"Stop! Times up, both are tied." Enterprise stopping the match. 

Hammann slumped as she trying to regain her breath. "Damn.... That was... Very exhausting...." 

"I... Agree, it's good that we tied." Hornet also exhausted by the battle but still managed to stand. 

Greynar smiled a little. Although it was peaceful now, he knew that danger still lurked around after the Sakura Empire incident. For this reason, after the war, he organised a timetable for the girls to take turns using the exercise arena to practice against Siren and humanoid Siren simulations. NY Harbour's exercise arena was more advanced than that of Azur Lane base. It is an old building still used by the government to provide shipgirls with realistic simulations before their missions.

"Hornett!! That was very fun~" Volga coming to Hornet's direction. "I wish you can teach me how to do that trick." 

"Yes, I can teach you that trick. If you have time, come back here and I will show you more tricks I know", Hornet said with a smile. She smiled while boasting.

With a smile. Volga replied. "Okay~ i'll make sure to have some spare time for you to teach me that." 

"Teach what?" A voice startled them. 

Both carriers looked to their right and saw Greynar sitting while eating chips in the blowing wind. They were stunned by his sudden appearance and immediately got out of the water.

"Commander, how long have you been here?" Hornet asked.

"I just got here, i thought i'd see you doing exercise while taking a break." He replied while chomping down the chips.

"Is that a potato chips?" Volga tilted her head.

"Yeah, this is the one i brought before coming here, want them?" He presented the bag of chips, directly to her face. 

"Oh umm.... Sure-" She tried to grab the bag, but Greynar immediately withdrew it. 

"But answer the question first, what do you want to teach?" 

Volga turned to Hornet, pleading for her to answer the question.

Hornet wryed. "Wellll.... It was a trick about splashing youself with water and bait the enemy to conceal yourself and attack them from the side." 

"So, using the water to fool the enemy and create the opportunity to fuck them up from the side."

Hornet nodded."Yes, it worked from the previous war against Akagi, but there's slight disadvantage on using this tricks, though, this only work when the enemy wasn't focusing on us ."

"Alright, i've heard enough, Volga, this is your chips." He handed out the chips to Volga.

"Yay! Thanks, Commander." She received the bag full of potato chips and ate it leisurely.

"Good day Commander, i think you missed the fight." Aurora joined in while wiping off the sweat.

"Yeah, i can tell that i missed it. Nice job on the exercise, i heard from Enterprise that the match was draw, and here i thought you guys were above them, but they exceeded my expectation." 

"I'm also surprised, Hammann-chan was swift enough to disturb our advancement, i had troube on aiming my rigging correctly due to her swift movement."

"That's because i need to make myself suitable in case if Yorktown coming back here." Hammann walked up to the group. 

"How was your leg?" Greynar asked. 

"Well it's fi- no, i mean it's none of your concern... Hmph!" Hammann huffed. 

"Hammann, please don't be rude to the Commander." Volga scolded her.

"S-sorry, i wasn't meant to." Hammann ears stood low. 

"If you got it, then it's fine, come here." Volga dragged Hammann to stay in her side. 

Looking at the interaction Greynar was very dumbfounded, he murmured quietly. "Wow, am i dreaming to see Hammann acting like that? Also Volga's power to make the aggressive Hammann become passive is too powerful." 

"Look at her, now she latches into Volga under such short moment." Hornet gazing through Hammann and Volga. "It looks like you guys are mother and daughter, it's very different vibe compared her and sister." 

Smiling wry while blushing, Volga laughed it off. "I'm just taking care of Hammann, i promised her afterall." 

With a look of smirk, Hornet teased. "Promise, huh?" 

"Yes, just a promise... Nothing else."

"Well okay, not like i can force you to talk anyway, now back on the track... Where was we again..." 

"About how Hammann being a fast moving target?" Greynar guessed.

"HEY!" Hammann retorted.

"Oh wait, about how Hammann literally too fast for Aurora to catch up with her speed?" 

"Yes! That one, i think we can agree that Hammann is suitable in the condition where all firepower was directed at us and not her."

"Great idea, you opened a new route for me to form a battle plan." Greynar complimented her. 

"Haha, thanks Commander." Hornet scratched her head.

"Everyone, it's almost time to have a lunch, we can continue our exercise later." Enterprise arrived, her expression is a lot more softer compared to before.

""Okay!!"" 

"See you soon, Commander." Volga left as Hammann followed her.

"The meeting with Her Majesty will begin, don't forget it Commander." Aurora followed along. 

"Stay safe Commander, that Lizzy has short temper but she is a nice queen." Hornet ran off to follow them.

Enterprise looked at Greynar and smiled softly. "I'll take my leave, catch you later, Commander." 

He was left alone again, the quiet breeze of sea could be heard in the distant. The Queen has called him using the small device cube shaped, he opened the box and a hologram of a face appeared, it was Queen Elizabeth sitting on her throne.

[Hey, servant, i'll be short here, we have made contact with both side] 

2