Chapter 40 – Growing Problem
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days passed as the influence of the Crimson Axis steadily increasing across the continent of Europa. Greynar was left with much paperwork untouched as another problem arose from his side. A sudden call from one of the fleets that had set out from the port revealed that they had found a mysterious signal near the NA ocean before the whole fleet getting decimated by a foreign entity. There's also more sighting of destroyed test field created by the Siren that they are still tracking ever since Enterprise's fleet encountered it. Greynar ordered Helena and North Carolina to take matters and set out sail to investigate it and reported it back to him.

There's no doubt that the Ashes has started to slowly reveal themself to the whole world. Greynar need to prepare for the worst in case the META ships are not the same one with what he expected. Ever since his encounter with Akagi and her fleets, the Siren didn't stay still like what he predicted before. Instead, they are intervening and made a temporary agreement with Akagi by making use of her. 

"This is a mess..." Greynar sighing at his office. 

After the Helena's fleet departed from the harbour, he went to Akashi's workshop to look at some newly developed tech that HQ had sent them. One of them was a small device that would allow you to break through the Siren's interference within a 100-metre radius of the allies for a certain period of time. It was conveinent to bring it to the battlefield since its plugged on the ear.

They made sure that the technology working perfectly with a bit of experiment. After a while, Greynar asked Akashi to make some adjustment to several tech for the shipgirls so they could use it with ease. They chatted for several minutes sharing some ideas with Akashi,  he bid farewell and go into his own office, which led to him meeting with several stacked document on his table. 

"At least this is still better than dealing with those problem." Greynar wryed. "I think i need someone's help with this."

He sent a message to a certain shipgirl, and about five minutes later the door was opened.

"Commander? It's me, did you call me?" It was Saratoga.

"Yeah, thanks for coming, i need a small help with these task."

Saratoga looked at the amount of pile works in the table, she grinned. "Don't worry Commander, as long sister Sara is here, your work will be instantly done!" 

"Thanks, sorry for disturbing you if you have any works." 

"It's okay! I don't have any work anyway and it's pretty fun being with you~" 

They started working after they exchanged some words. There was many untouched document that laying around on the table, but they managed to done it within three hours. 

"This is the last one, and we are done with this." Saratoga said with a satisfied expression.

"Let's get something to eat shall we?" Greynar asked. 

"Good idea, I haven't eaten in the last hours, let's go Commander!" Saratoga answered while urging him to go with her. 

They left the room sooner later to save time, exchanging some words about Sakura Empire situation, they made their way to a stand that managed by a Manjuu. Ever since Manjuu becoming more popular lately, some people inside the NY City tried to hire some Manjuu as a worker. Of coure, the HQ probihited it because they don't want any risk using them as a worker, but Greynar convinced them by suggesting a temporary experiment to test the Manjuu if they're suited to work among human or not. One of them is the food stand in front of them, a hidden camera could be seen in the corner of the ceiling, observing the artificial chicken.

Soon after they gave the money to the Manjuu, they started to work tirelessly to make the food. They sat down on the bench near the stand with a view looking at the sea. 

"Mmmm... This crêpe is very delicious, Commander you should try it." Saratoga said with a blissful expression. 

"This waffle is also good, i like how its crunchy but also soft." 

"Really? How about we exchange food?" Saratoga suggested. "I want to try the waffle you're eating."

"I don't mind, that crêpe seems delicious too..." 

Greynar exchanged food with Saratoga, he was a bit conscious about the indirect kiss but shrugged it off once seeing Saratoga enjoying her food. The day was a mess for him, but he is enjoying the food with her company.

※ ※ ※

Greynar received a report two days later from Helena, they encountered a new model of Siren along with a mysterious figure that looks like similar to Enterprise. He confirmed that the HQ has accepted their finding and labelled them as a "Prioritize 1" and it was being discussed among the council about a foreign power.

"So what happened exactly on that place?" Greynar asked through his communicator device.

"It's a real mess..." Helena said. 

"Are there anything strange when you encounter that person?" 

"Anything strange..." Helena voice paused for a second. "Ah, there is something out of ordinary." 

"Tell me in details." 

"After we sink two new model along with the Siren forces, we were surrounded by many signals around us. The Siren has become more and more coordinated than what we encountered previously, and then-" 

Helena said about many things she encountered, one of them about the mysterious person that asked about the name of the Commander. Her story was the same as what Greynar's remembered but with the slight exception of Siren reinforcement who blocked their way to chase Enterprise META. 

"Reinforcement? Are you saying that they summoned a Siren reinforcement right after they destroyed one of their facility?" 

"Correct, their behavior pattern is very unclear, it could be said that there are a third party joined the war against us and against the Siren simultaneously." Helena said.

"Strange indeed... Thank you for your report Helena, your new objective is to inform the Royal Navy as soon as possible to anticipate more strange sighting with these "new foes", be cautious and have a safe sail." 

"I will do as you said, stay safe, Commander." She replied.

Greynar hung up the communicator and checked the time, it was almost night time. It didn't take long before everything will be according to his plan. Leviathan is his least concern right now, because they're still a mystery that hasn't been solved until now and they won't post a threat to him for now. Giving how S.A.V.I.O.R still hasn't reacted to anything, its safe to assume there won't be problem in the short future for him. 

"The META ships, they will be a pain in the ass once they've made their presence being known." Greynar muttered, alone in the office. 

0