Chapter 41 – Royal Island
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We'll reach Europa in thirty minutes." The communicator buzzed. "Be prepared for any Siren attack, we're entering hostile waters."

"Thanks for the heads up, Aurora." Greynar thanked her. "All fleets, be cautious and monitor any strange activities near us. 

The news of Iris Orthodoxy hasn't improved at all. With the Siren roaming the world, Greynar decided to take matters into his own hands and meet with Richielieu. He heard that she had escaped the grasp of the Crimson Axis and was on Royal Island, where Queen Elizabeth resides. He instructed the newly shipgirl addition Memphis and Saratoga to become representatives of the Eagle Union before boarding the command ship.

He knew what they were capable of, so he left the affairs of the Eagle Union in their hands. Time passed very quickly for him, he spent some time with Volga and Aurora on a weekday or when he was done with his work. He also tried to improve NY Harbour, as the number of Eagle Union shipgirl was increasing. There is also a matter with the Sakura Empire who are also changing the direction where they are going, especially Akagi after that incident, they tend to become more active in improving their technology with the Siren techs and repelling them. 

Northern Parliament has started their expedition ever since their recovery from major Siren attack. There hasn't been Siren in sight ever since the disappearance of the White Tower around their area but with the appearance of the Siren stronghold, they're being cautious making any sudden movement that could potentially activating the stronghold and spawning in the Siren. 

As for Dragon Empery, they are still recovering but because there is less Siren activity around their capital and surrounding areas, it is easier for them to move around and make trades with nearby faction. Some part of the world is much more safer than the others, but Sirens will always be everywhere no matter where you go.

"Commander, my recon plane has spotted a Siren pawns. Permission to engage in battle?" Volga asked, she was sitting beside him. 

"Exterminate them, we need to keep the sea cleared from any threats." He turned to her and nodded. "Do it, make your training paid off well with this battle."

"Okay, got it~" She kissed him on the cheeks and left. 

Volga jumped from the command ship and summoned rigging, she kicked off the water and began to move rapidly in the direction of the Siren fleet. She started the fight with a fighter plane to deal with the Siren's aircraft carrier, she avoided some hit from the barrage volley and launched a torpedo bomber. The torpedo misses some of the vanguard fleet on purpose and tracked the main fleet. Volga swiftly passed through the Siren pawn and goes straight to the carrier. 

After that, her rigging roared and begin to open their mouth, it shoots barrage of red bullet from its mouth and ended their barrage with a combined laser beam. The carrier exploded in several pieces, with the body eaten by one of the head from the rigging. She took care the rest of the fleet by just using her dive bomber, the Anti-air from the vanguard fleet was pretty weak against her plane. It was all thanks to the improved hull and armour by Naval HQ's researcher. It has been tested that the durability of the planes are pretty durable and could tank some damage from light cruiser's main gun.

"Great work, i could see from the monitor that you have improved significantly compared to before." Greynar praised her.

"Thank you, Commander, it also thanks to Enterpise that taught me on how to use my plane effectively with minimal movement." Volga giggled through the private line of communicator. 

Greynar switched his comms channel to the public one and commanded everyone to get sail back to their original route. He asked Volga to go back to the usual battle formation. They have sailed roughly around 10 hours from NY Harbour to get into Europa which actually a long journey. 

"Halt!" A foreign voice was heard by Greynar's speaker. "State thy reason to come here, this is the Queen's territory." 

A shipgirl stopped them, it seems that they have entered their border already. The shipgirl that stopped them was HMS Duke of York. Aurora stepped in to be Greynar's representative, she told York that the Commander is here and he will be meeting Richielieu and Queen Elizabeth. Greynar also helped Aurora to give York the details about their visit, which York readily welcome them.

York also said that she got order from Queen Elizabeth into guiding Greynar's fleet, she apologized if they are a bit strict with the border pass, he told them not to worry about it. The strict border rule was forced because they're being cautious towards any foreign fleets that could potentially danger the entire faction due to Iron Blood influence in Europa, but they also allow people to pass the border using id they provided through the entire border.

She led the way to the island, explaining a few things about the recent appearance of Siren, which has become more frequent near the border. She had a few words with Aurora to fill in some details about what she had been missing over the past few months. As a member of the Royal Navy, Aurora was also privileged to know what was going on back home while she was away. 

"Anyway, Commander." York slowed down her movement and standing beside Greynar's command ship. "Dost thou happen to know about the strange incident that occured in these recent times?" 

"What incident? Is it the mysterious perpetrator?" Greynar tilted his head in confusion.

"No, not that one... 'Tis about the mirror sea-like appearance that is troubling some trading ships that are roaming around these area. They said that they have seen a structure that looks like a white tower that appear above the water suddenly."

'That's the mysterious white tower.' Greynar quietly said in his mind. 'I should answer this with truth and just fabricate some side of the story.'

"I don't know any of that, but i have seen a white tower during my work on Northern Parliament." Greynar continued. "When we almost defeated the Siren main forces, the white tower suddenly appeared from under the sea and it exploded some of the Siren's ship, almost like something had summoned it from below."

York nodded in agreement. "I also heard the same thing with Dragon Empery, this strange appearance of the tower is very different from any other Siren's antics." 

"If it were a Siren's work, I'd know it at a glance. But when I got close to the tower, it was eerie, almost like i was standing in front of something out of a nightmare."

They chatted for about half an hour on their way to the Royal Island. They arrived at the island about an hour later, it was a very large island with massive structures built almost out of fantasy. The castle in the middle of the island was painted a greyish colour with a Royal Navy flag on it. Several watchtowers and the surrounding wall that made the castle looks very heavy fortified. Several gasp was heard as the giant gate to the dockyard was opened.

York turned her attention to the fleets behind her, she smiled as the gate slowly reveal what's inside the palace. "Commander and the Eagle Union friend, i welcome you to our castle, the Buckingham." 

1