Chapter 42 – The Encounter
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wow, this place is pretty big and shiny." Volga's eyes darted around the corner as she looked through the painting on the wall with curiosity. 

"Thou compliment are welcome, Northern Parliament girl. If this is thee first time coming here, we welcome you here to our castle." Duke of York smiled softly while tapping her shoulder.

"T-thank you, I'll make sure I enjoy my stay here as much as possible while I'm in your care." Volga hastily bowed her head to express her gratitude.

York chuckled slightly. "Thou don't need to be so formal with me, think of me just a fellow friend." 

Greynar laughed. "Hahaha, do Royal Navy customs still surprise you, Volga?"

"Y-yeah, Aurora was the only Royal Navy member i am acquaintance with, so i thought everyone in the Royal Navy has the same personality as her." Volga fidgeting her finger while being holding her head down.

With a smile on his face, he holds her hand as they walk on. "Just try to expect something unexpected, there are many types of girls you will see in here."

The fleets walked through the halls, chatting with each other, passing some Royal Navy girls who had just arrived for their mission near the border. After a while, York stopped them at a huge door and asked the Royal Maids guarding it to inform Queen Elizabeth; it was Dido and Sheffield, by the way, who were guarding the door.

The door opened slowly, revealing a path leading up to a single throne with someone sitting on it, not much to say about the ceiling above, as a huge chandelier lit up the area around the room, leaving only a few shadows around the corner. Queen Elizabeth looked down at the door as she crossed her leg to make her presence intimidating, which turned out to be quite cute in Greynar's eyes.

"Welcome, my servant," Elizabeth said with a smugness on her face. "This is your first time coming into my palace personally. Be honored that i, Queen Elizabeth invited you to come to this place." 

"Pfft-" Greynar quickly shutted his mouth as he was about to burst laugh, he almost leaked a sound but he managed to swallow it. 

"Your Majesty, i bring you here the Commander per your order." Duke of York bowed down in knee in front of the throne.

"Good work York, now you are dismished for today." 

"Thank you for the compliment Your Majesty, i'll take my leave now." York slowly gets up.

She left the room, and with the door behind her closed, Elizabeth asked Greynar to step forward and he did as she said. She asked Greynar to return the communication device he had to replace it with the improved one the Royal Navy scientist had developed. After he gave them the communication device, Elizabeth greeted the Eagle Union girls, which Saratoga, as their representative, also answered in a cheerful tone.

"Long time no see Elizabeth!" Saratoga waved her hand and popped out behind Greynar. 

Elizabeth's eyes twitched in response. "You, you are that girl from the other day..." 

"Yes! Yes! It's me, the cute big sis Saratoga is here!" Saratoga winked her face.

Elizabeth sighed while making a pained face. "Why... Are you... Here!!!" 

"Huh, am i not allowed to be here?" Saratoga tilted her head. 

"Should i kill you right here?" Queen Elizabeth summoned her rigging with a wave of her royal staff while making an annoyed expression. 

"Woah, woah stop that both of you." Greynar interjected them, he stood between them both. "I don't know what history that makes Elizabeth has grudge with you but Saratoga, please don't provoke her further. Let's not make our Iris Libre ally wait, okay?" 

After a while Saratoga shrugged. "Okay~ I'm just going to stay quiet as you say, Commander." 

Queen Elizabeth made her rigging disappear and sits again on the throne, she glanced at Warspite. "Warspite." 

"Yes, Your Majesty!" Warspite straighted her posture while facing the Queen directly. 

"Call them in." 

"As you wish." Warspite bowed and used her communicator channel to inform the maids to let the cardinal go inside the throne room. 

The door swung open as the person in question appeared. The flagship of the Iris Libre and also the cardinal of Iris Libre, Richelieu, accompanied with bunch of Iris Libre girls behind her. Greynar stepped back to make space for Richelieu to come in front. Their eyes met with each other and she nodded to herself as if to confirm something. 

Richelieu shifted her gaze to Elizabeth and opened her mouth. "Thank you for giving us the chance to temporary stay here, Your Majesty." She bowed down. 

Jeanne was about to stop Richelieu to bow down to another faction leader but she was stopped by Richelieu, telling her that its the least they could do to show gratefullness from Royal Navy for providing them a safehouse. 

"Stand up, Cardinal." Queen Elizabeth says. "Making another ally to bow down is not my favorite thing to do." 

Richelieu stood up as she locked her eyes with Elizabeth. "Then, allow me to ask some question regarding the new guest today." She shifted her gaze to Greynar. "Commander of Azur Lane i presume?" 

Greynar nodded as if to confirm her question. "Yes, it's me." 

"I see, it's kind of rare to see such a young commander at these ages."

"That's what everyone says when they meet me for the first time, can't blame them." Greynar shrugged as if it was normal situation.

Richelieu shifted her gaze again to someone beside Greynar, "What's a... Northern Parliament girl doing here?" she asked with a curiosity.

"M-me?" Volga pointing at herself. 

"She's the Commander personal shipgirl, the girl was personally brought by the Commander using wisdom cube." Queen Elizabeth answered. 

Richelieu was surprised with Elizabeth's answer, she hesistantly ask. "Is that so? So this girl is..." 

The Queen nodded. "Unaffiliated with any of the faction, but she is Northern Parliament at core." 

Greynar squinted his eyes hearing Elizabeth speaking on his behalf, he grabbed Volga's hand, squeezing them to get her attention. He told her to follow the word she need to say. Volga surprised with his action but she complied and obediently follow his order.

"Ummm..." Volga voice taking their attention away from each other and shifted it to her. "Cardinal Richelieu, nice to meet you i am Volga, aircraft carrier Project-72, and also the Commander personal fleet."

Richelieu smiled warmly at Volga, "Nice to meet you too, Volga. I am Richelieu, the lead ship of the Richelieu class, and also the Cardinal of Iris Libre. Im looking forward working with you against the Siren in the future." she extended her hand. 

Volga was a bit hesistant since the other party was a major faction leader but she gathered her braveness to grab Richelieu hand. "Yes!" 

Each fleet had small conversation with each other until they changed to the main topic for the meeting today. Greynar has been holding back to voice out his opinion regarding the conflict. Richelieu was the first to say something about the situation that is still occuring until this day. She was concerned about the use of Siren technology that could potentially harm the entire faction if they overlook a possibility of Siren overrides their system using their own weapon.

They also discussed how to deal with Jean Bart, with Greynar suggesting that Iris Libre should not take part, but the Royal Navy and Eagle Union should try to persuade her to reconcile. Queen Elizabeth was about to reject it, but Warspite stopped her, she whispered about the benefit the Queen will receive, and she easily agreed to his suggestion.

They also talked about the varioud future plan they had for each faction. Greynar and the Eagle Union agreed that they need to rapidly advance their technology development without relying on the Siren tech, and rather develop similar to the tech by analysing the structure and the design. Queen Elizabeth said that Royal Navy still keeping the Iron Blood on their radar, they can't make a rash move or it will be over for them. And as for Richelieu, Iris Libre will gather more allies that scatter throughout the world, she also mentioned the Basilica that are occupied by the former Iris Orthodoxy, and they want to retake it back. 

All faction agreed that they needed to keep tracks with each other. Queen Elizabeth brought in a reinforced communicator that the Royal Navy has further develop, and it will be more conveinent than the previous one. Greynar happily accepted it and in return, he will help the Queen with his power and authority if she ever need his assistance.

After that, Queen Elizabeth checked the time and invited them to have a lunch together after they are done discussing things.

1