Chapter 50 – Disturbed Relaxation
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's the sign!" Volga shouted, she tried to reel the bait as something catched the hook.

The tug of war continued for nearly a minute before one of the opposing side gave up. Volga pulled the fishing rod hard causing her stumbled into the floor. What was coming out of the water was a large-sized Tuna that lives around the nearby water. It was rare to find one, yet the carrier managed to catch one. 

The Tuna splashing all around, causing chaos on the boat. Greynar managed to catch the fish and toss it inside the container then closed it. Shortly after, it war Aurora's turn who noticed that her bait caught something. She pulled the rod after Greynar told her to do it immediately. The blonde cruiser cheered when she noticed that she got her very first fish. Greynar was baffled as to how both of his lovers got a Tuna on their very first fishing. It was worthy to note that Tuna is a fast swimmer and somehow they managed to catch the fish.

While murmuring about something, he grabbed his fishing rod and threw the bait as far as he could. Reeling it slowly for the fish to take his bait, Greynar got an idea while thinking about how to catch the fish. As he reeled the bait slowly, something tugged on it and the force was powerful enough to shook the whole boat.

"Guuugghhh....." Greynar sturggled to pull the bait 

"Commander!" Volga rushed to him, she summoned her rigging to assist Greynar. 

Greynar widened his eyes upon realizing what's gonna happen. "NO! Don't do-"

It was too late. The twin-headed rigging emitted a bright beam of light onto the water's surface. The blast swept away all of the warmth atmosphere and turned it into an cold weather with a small bits of particle raining from the sky. Everyone fell silent, except for the twin-headed rigging, which turned towards Volga like a dog that had just done something incredible.

The silence was loud enough to hear the seagull on the sky squawking. Greynar facepalmed as he looked his surrounding waters. Half of the area around him was frozed solid along with the surface of the boat. He let out a small sigh and chuckled a bit, looking at the state of the girls, and especially for Volga, he helped her recover from the shock that she froze the water and made them couldn't do fishing. 

"Are you okay? Looks like you have it rough." Greynar gave her a water bottle to calm her down.

She chugged the water immediately and purposely lowered her head. "I... Apologize for the mistake, Commander." 

Greynar with his wry smile placed his hand on her shoulder. "Don't need to be sorry, it was just an accident." 

In a matter of minutes she regained her energy back as before and ordered her rigging to push the boat out of the area. Greynar asked her to not be harsh to the rigging since it was just a small accident. He doesn't know if the rigging can even feel sorry but he ask her just in case. 

The rigging started pushing the boat from behind, the ship moved as the ice beneath cracked and parted away. He prayed that there's no any damage to the ship that will screw the people they are borrowing it from. There was a phrase that 'Ignorance is a Bliss' so he thought he will take advantage of it by not questioning the origin of the fishboat and immediately park it to the nearest dockyard. 

"Commander, we're already out from the icy water. Should we continue the fishing?" Aurora walked up and gave him a new fishing rod. 

He gripped it tightly and grinned to her. "Alright, let's start from zero, the most person to caught a fish will get something from the loser."

Aurora accepted the challenge, she also was intrigued by the fact she could get something from Greynar. "Okay~ Then i will count from 3... 2..." 

Greynar readied his stance to throw the fishing line to the water, the countdown dropped to zero and he threw the fishing line as far as he could. He choose an appropritate distance from Aurora's fishing line to not get strangled with each other in the middle of fishing. Aurora glanced at Greynar with a calm expression and waved at him. The cruiser looked very confident to win it, and to his surprise, something tugged her fishing rod. 

The cruiser had a tug of war with the fish and pulled it out from the water. She was the first one to score a point from the match, she quietly winked to him. Greynar felt threatened by her demeanor towards him and silently used his S.A.V.I.O.R to cheat his way out. His rod tugged suddenly after he muttered something, the way the rod was aggressively pulling him towards the sea made him need to regain his footing and resist the pull.

The Commander stomped the floor with his right foot in front and pulled the fishing rod as hard as he could, the fish that took the bait was unusually heavy and very quick.  The fishing line rapidly getting longer and longer by each second, non-stopping, as the fish getting far away from it. 

'Guuukkgghhh... Will this thing ever stop swimming.' Contrary after he expressed his thoughts, the fishing line has stopped moving. 

As if he tried to reel the fishing rod slowly, he noticed that the fishing line has been cut off by something. He looked into the distance where he assume it was the last spot he saw where the fishing line went to. There was a small buldge on the water where it gradually becoming more and more bigger than it seems. 

"C-commander? I think we need to prepare for the worst." Volga summoned back her rigging as she speak to him. 

"Prepare for the plane! We got something big coming!" Greynar ordered immediately upon realizing what are they dealing with. 

It was not a fish but rather, a giant creature that has shark-shaped fin with a deadly sharp teeth and the spiky dorsal that looks like ready to stab anyone with it. The creature looked like an abomination mixture of many kind different fish. Greynar was baffled that something existed in this world, but it's not surprising if it was one of Siren's experiment. 

"Volga! Distract the creature with your bomber plane! Aurora, lead the creature away from the boat!" He commanded them.

"Right! Go, Helldiver!" Volga immediately complied his order, launching several Helldiver to the creature's spiky head. 

The creature seemed to be annoyed at the swarm of mosquito that are coming towards it. It shoot several condensed water canon from its mouth to the dive bombers but the bombers avoided it easily. Aurora saw that it was distracted by the bombers rushed to behind the fish creature and shoot her gun and torpedoes towards it. 

She got the attention and taunted it by aiming her gun to its eyes, indicating that it's not invulnerable from the spot she was aiming. The creature roared as it dived to the water while Aurora already scatter her Anti-Submarine grenade. Volga seemed to noticed it from the distance and began to order her rigging to shoot the white beam to its fin behind. 

The head of the mechanical dragons roared as they gathered more white energy in the middle of their mouth and condensed it into a small droplets of ice particle then launched it to the giant fish creature. It froze the creature for a mere second before it rendered the attack useless against the scale. It was useless to attack it since the durability of the creature exceeded the firepower of the ships. 

"Where the fuck did this creature came from?" Greynar bitted his lips, looking for a way to defeat the fish abomination. 

"HEY! Why did you disturb my experiment! I was about to give it a- GYAAHH!!" A voice appeared above him, but it was disturbed by the attack from the plane. 

"What now?" Greynar groaned, and looked at the source of the voice, he widened his eyes upon realizing the owner of the voice.

"HEY, I WASN'T DONE TALKING DONT HIT ME SUDDENLY!" Appearing from the black smoke, a Siren girl wearing a sailor shirt with the yellow neckerchief around her neck. Her yellow eyes that shined brightly accompanied with her pale skin that exert a vibe of higher being. Her hair is tied up into a high ponytail, adorned with a ribbon or hair ornament. Floating alien-like rigging above her that shaped like a hammerhead shark, making her presence immediately known as one of the elite Sirens under Observer Alpha.

"Purifier! So it's you that made that abomination!" Greynar pointed at the monster behind him.

"Who..." Purifier squinted her eyes, upon taking a closer look she saw the badge on Greynar's belt, she realized who is that person. "...Ohhh!! So you're the Commander!" 

"Yes, i am the Commander." Greynar with a grim face replied back.

"Hey, hey don't make that face, i'm the one who SHOULD be doing that." Purifier huffed.

"So? You just ruined my fucking relaxation time, besides, if I destroy you fighting here, this thing will cease to exist, right?" He decided to ask.

"Well yeah, if you have the power to do it, maybe... But! I'm not in the mood to do fighting so can you guys just go away or something? Besides, Observer has told me to...?" Purifier stopped her words, she turned back muttering about something.

When she turned around, she suddenly aimed her rigging at the creature and pierced the body with the laser gun then flew off from the place, vanished in a second without trace. It leave the group in a state where they couldn't believe what just happened. The creature's body was dead and turned into dust. 

"W-what just happened." Aurora question break off the silence.

Greynar sighed heavily, "I don't know what happened, just promise me not to utter a single word about this incident."

The girls nodded, they didn't want to escalate the strange incident further. They're lucky that Purifier wasn't trying to instigate an attack, but her objective of the experiment, remained a mystery. It's safe to say that they have saved, or even preventing something worst if the creature was left alone in the sea. 

'Still, what makes the creature appear?' Greynar turned around to see Volga's rigging beside her.

He wryed, 'Haha, no way the ice awoken it.'

※ ※ ※

Somewhere, in a Mirror Sea, a Siren was floating near a tower. She let out a small laugh, giggling idly as she saw the human in front of her on the screen. The Siren noticed something has appeared behind her, she directed her gaze at the portal gate. 

Purifier appeared out of the portal with an annoyed expression. "What do you want, Alpha?" 

The Siren that was known as Observer Alpha, mischievously smiled. "I have a task solely for you, Purifier. I want you to go to this exact coordinate to examine the strange bug we've encountered recently."

Purifier raised one of her brow curiously, "A bug? Didn't we destroyed her millenium ago? And look what it resulted. Our resource has depleted crazily due to her enigma." 

"This time is different, I'm sure this bug was caused by one of the branch world." Alpha added, "Besides, the seed he was protecting has sprouted beautifully in this place. So i want to make sure that no one disturb that seed."

Purifier looked at the screen, it was the person she met not long ago. "So it's him, the one you talked about with Tester." 

"And, you almost made our plan a total mess." Alpha frowned. 

"HEY! Even i was not expecting that guy messing up my experiment! Don't you know that im also the victim here!?" Purifier shouted back, she was obviously looking for an excuse.

"Well whatever, at least Zero still preoccupied by the invaders. She won't disturb our plan for a while," Alpha's tentacle slowly coilling around the screen. The wide screen shattered the moment she put pressure on it. "And thanks to that person, he gave us a lot of trouble with his last wish before going to the battlefield alone." 

"Haaah... That guy was far off better than the others we have encountered." Purifier crossed her arm.

Alpha noticed that she will revert back to her old self, she smiled wryly and turned to Purifier. "You can go back now, my time here is limited. I will not able to help you in meantime. So, please do your job properly and don't let others expose you." 

Purifier groaned. "Fiiiiinnneeee.... I will do for the sake of our future." 

The two Sirens bid each other farewell, leaving Observer Alpha alone in the unknown location of the Mirror Sea. The Siren looked beyond the vast Mirror Sea that seems to have no end. She reminiscing of the past while muttering a word. "A future where Natural Calculation System couldn't even predict. Was this all part of your grand plan, Aoste?"

 

Chapter 50 ended, next chapter will start at december. (Collab happened + bad timing with upcoming exam.)

0