Training on the boat
3.3k 4 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Rika's Restaurant

"How the hell can you eat so much?" Zoro looked at Luffy and asked.

"Well, his stomach is made out of rubber. He can even fit ration of the entire town if he wants to." Liam replied as he picked a piece of meat with his fork and put it in his mouth.

"And, why the hell are you trying to eat so much?" Zoro turned his head at Liam and asked.

"Well, after we find a better boat, I plan to train. So, I am building up more energy to burn." Liam answered.

"So, where is your boat?" Zoro asked.

Liam pointed at the window. Zoro looked outside the window and turned around. He looked at them putting his hand on the forehead and asked "How are we going to travel in that small boat?"

"Don't worry, we will soon have a bigger ship." Luffy replied before even Liam could open his mouth.

"Hah! Anyway, it's just three of us then?" Zoro asked.

Liam and Luffy nodded their heads.

"Alright! I should leave now. Join me in the boat." Liam stood up and walked out of the restaurant. He saw a few marines walking toward the restaurant and went sideways.

'I wonder if there is a good forger around.' Liam thought as he walked around aimlessly. The people on the street kept talking about him since he was one of them who freed the town from Captain Morgan.

Though he literally did nothing but avoided the entire situation.

'Oh! There it is.' Liam finally spotted the shop only a few houses after the restaurant and immediately rushed in front of the shop.

"Hello, sir! Do you have heavy iron?"

"Ahh! You are one of them. Welcome, welcome!" The shopkeeper immediately welcomed him.

"What kind of heavy iron do you need?"

"I wonder if you have something heavy that I can wrap around my leg and arms while walking." Liam asked.

The shopkeeper looked at him with surprise and nodded his head.

"Marines normally use heavy iron bands for training. I do have some in stock. How much weight do you need?"

Liam thought for a moment and said "For now, give me four pairs. Two for arms and hands weighing 20 kilos and another two weighing 40 kilos. I might also need 10 kilos one's. So, how much does this cost?"

"Please don't talk about cost. You people freed our town from the oppression of that Captain. Please wait here!" The shopkeeper shook his head as he refused to take the money just like the restaurant.

He had some money in his pocket. It seemed like he wasn't poor. But then again, he was on a cruise ship of One Piece.

Liam kept looking at the restaurant as he finally saw Luffy and Zoro coming out.

"Oi, guys, come here!"

Liam raised his hands and shouted from the shop. Zoro and Luffy heard his voice and walked toward him. It wasn't that far. The marines also saw them and curiously followed them.

"Help me take these irons to the ship!" Liam pointed at 20 kilos and 40 kilos arm and leg training iron sets. He picked up 10 kilos sets.

"Are you planning on training with these?" Zoro held the 40 kilos sets in his hand and easily lifted them. He looked at Liam and said, "They are very lightweight."

Thud!

Suddenly, everyone except Luffy fell to the ground hearing that. Liam stood up and shouted "These are not lightweight. You are just too strong. Now, help me with these. I will tell you everything on the ship."

Liam barely held 10 kilos and only then Zoro noticed just how weak he was and understood everything.

After they reached the boat, the marines and Coby came to salute them as they finally left Shell's town.

The night passed easily and the next morning, Luffy started grumbling about hunger.

"You can wait till we reach Orange Town. But, I heard that the town is captured by Buggy Pirates." Liam said as he started wearing 10 kilos sets.

"Hmm… how far is that town?" Luffy looked at Liam and asked.

"It's not that far." Liam replied and his eyes turned to Zoro.

"Hey, didn't you say they are lightweight? Why are you wearing them?"

Zoro took them off and said "They are indeed lightweight. Why didn't you get something heavier?"

"Are you an idiot?" Liam asked.

"You…"

"Do you think this boat can handle 100 or 500 kilos weight? And, these are for me. Once we get a bigger boat, you can get some for yourself? And, I think you should also get these kinds since you would be practically training at every step of your daily work." Liam explained as he finally wore the entire set.

It weighs a total of twenty kilos. 10 kilos on the arms, and 10 kilos on the legs.

Thud!

As soon as he wore them, his leg trembled as he fell on his butt.

"Ow! That hurts. Damn it, I still can't get used to pain." Liam screamed but he quickly noticed Luffy's arms stretching to the mast.

"Oi Luffy, what are you doing? Hey…"

"Gumo-Gumo no- Rocket!"

Whoosh!

Luffy flew toward the sky in order to capture the bird but gets stuck on its mouth. Zoo's expression twitched as he looked at Liam and asked "Is he an idiot?"

"100%" Liam nodded his head.

"Idiot, why the hell did you do that?" Zoro shouted as he started rowing the boat faster.

"Zoro, if you wear those and then paddle at a fast speed, it would be good training," Liam suggested as he slowly got up. He was gritting his teeth just standing with 20 kilos of weight on his body.

"Why don't you help me paddle….. oh, that would work. Thanks!" Zoro immediately wore those heaviest sets and started paddling at an extreme speed.

Thud!

It went so fast that Liam lost his control and fell into his butt once again but this time, he didn't scream. He gritted his teeth and slowly stood up.

"Stop the boat! Stop!" Suddenly, he heard three clowns shouting from the sea and thought for a moment.

'Although we are in a boat and Orange Town is just in front of us, we could still get lost with Zoro Paddling the boat.' Liam thought for a moment and asked Zoro to stop.

But a few seconds later, he also asked Zoro to beat them up. After getting punched a few times, those clowns started rowing the boat. Zoro took off those weights and put them on the boat while Liam continued to stand with those weights.

After fifteen minutes, he finally turned around and asked "Zoro, can you give me your sword?"

"Huh! Why do you need a sword?" Zoro looked extremely unwilling when Liam asked for his sword.

"Come on, just give me one for training." Liam rolled his eyes and asked. Finally, Zoro gave him one of his swords. He didn't give him wado ichimonji.

Liam held the sword with both of his hands and raised his hands.

Whoosh!

He slashed with the sword with a powerful force, creating a soft wave of wind.

"Don't slash the sword like that! Straightened your back, put your right foot forward, and try to slash down the sword as straight as you can." Zoro looked at his slash and commented.

Liam looked at him with an exhausted expression and asked "Can't you see me trying as hard as possible just to swing the sword with these weights? How am I supposed to maintain my posture when I can't even swing it properly?"

"That's the problem you need to fix. No matter how much you can lift or no matter how strong you are, if you train with a sword, you can't miss your posture."

"Either do it with a correct posture and don't." At this moment, Zoro's expression was deadly serious.

Liam sighed heavily and nodded his head "Alright! I will follow your advice."

Liam straightened his back but due to the weight in his arms, he couldn't keep that posture. Whenever he holds his sword, his posture changed to a curved one.

"What the hell are you idiots staring at? We have already missed our captain because of you. Hurry up and row!" Liam shouted when he saw the clowns looking at him and giggling.

"Humph! Boy, you can't even lift some weights and you dare to be a pirate. You will be killed even before you can spend a week in a boat." The clown in the middle snorted at him.

"Hey, did I tell you to stop?" Suddenly, Zoro looked at them with deadly eyes and spoke. His voice horrified them and forced them to speed up. He looked at Liam and said.

"Although what they said is true, you can still live if you keep training."

"I never thought you had such a soft spot." Liam giggled and Zoro angrily looked at him. Liam immediately shook his head and responded.

"Don't worry, I took the risk of adventure fully knowing that I might die but I will try my best not to die that easily."

Hearing his reply, Zoro slowly formed a smile on his face.

If you like my series, you can support me through Patreon and read more chapters
108