A little bit stronger
2.7k 6 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn! Who is this person? Why is he blocking the way?” Jango gritted his teeth after seeing Liam fighting like a dead person.

Liam was basically defeating his entire pirate crew at the cost of his own body.

Jango turned around and went to the boat.

‘I have no choice. I have to ask them for the battle.’

While he was busy, Liam was almost on the verge of defeating the crew by himself. Although his body was full of injuries, he didn’t back down even a step. 

Instead, he was simply marching forward. 

Splash!

It was his last swing. With that swing, the pirate fell to the ground. All of them were defeated. But, Liam knew this wasn’t the end. 

Thud! Thud!

Two pirates appeared in front of Liam. They were none other than Sham and Buchi. Normally, Sham would try to take his weapon but seeing his condition, he didn’t do anything.

“Captain, is this really a person that took down the crew?” Sham turned around and asked.

“Don’t talk much and finish him.” Jango shouted.

‘Damn! We took too much time. He might arrive any moment.’ He wasn’t worried about Liam but rather his own captain. He didn’t want Kuro to attack them.

“Tch! He is a weakling.” Sham snorted showing a completely different personality than his coward form. He rushed toward Liam and slashed his fingers.

The gloves he wore had claws growing out at the end. Liam swung his swords to block the claw but then they collided, he was pushed back. Of course, it wasn’t because of him.

Buchi also attacked at the same time and pushed him back. Liam suddenly raised his right leg and kicked toward Sham but with his acrobatics, Sham easily dodged it.

“Heh! You are not that weak.”

“Then, how about you taste this!”

“Buchi!”

Buchi retreated and both of them moved forward as they slashed at him continuously, at a very fast pace. It was their special move. Although Liam had grown stronger, he couldn’t block those slashes as fast as them.

’I need speed. Move, move your hands, Liam!’

Liam screamed in his heart as he poured all of his strength just to move his hands at an extremely fast pace. As his pace increased, he eventually managed to block more but now, he started missing the slash.

Splash! Splash! Splash1 Splash!

Their claws colored his chest with blood while Liam started panting hard. He instantly dropped the swords and moved his fists forward without resting even a bit.

Splash! Bang! Bang!

Their claws slashed on his arm and chest while his fists punched their faces. Both of them retreated after getting punched.

“Bastard! Buchi, throw me!”

Sham’s eyes turned red as he looked at Buchi and shouted. Buchi immediately lifted Sham and threw him toward Liam.

Liam had barely punched them. He didn’t even get to rest when Sham suddenly appeared in front of him and slashed his chest and appeared behind Liam.

Splash!

The blood splattered on the ground.

“Liam!” Nami screamed as she rushed Liam but Sham spotted her easily. He moved his fingers as he tried to rush toward Nami. But suddenly, a bloody fist smashed his head.

Bang!

Sham flew out and collided against the side of the road. He fell to the ground and slowly raised his head.

“Y-y-you didn’t fall?”

He couldn’t believe that Liam was still standing. The blood was gushing out of his chest. His hands were shaking and he was barely opening his eyes.

But when he heard Sham, he thought.

‘I can’t fall. I finally understand. My hands feel like I can’t move them after moving them so fast before. It felt like they are giving up but I still need them. My legs are trembling as they are barely supporting my body.’

‘I lost too much blood. My mind is barely computing anything. And, my eyes are closing. My vision is blurred. But, this is what I was waiting for. If I stay awake if I fight…..I can improve… No, I must improve.’

“Sham! You bastard!”

Buchi screamed when he saw Liam punching Sham and rushed toward Liam. But, although his vision was blurred, he mysterious sensed Buchi’s presence. He swung his body and kicked Buchi in his face.

Seeing Buchi flying, Sham immediately rushed to the bottom. He rushed in front of Jango.

“Captain, use your hypnosis on us! Give us the strength. We will defeat that bastard.”

On other hand, 

Liam who was barely hanging by thread was panting.

‘Can I truly fight them after they get hypnotized? They will be too strong for me, right? But, I can’t back off. In this world, weakness is sin. Your tears won’t make any sympathize to help you.’

‘That’s what Zoro said. I totally agree with him. If I want to survive, if I want to have my adventure with the crew, I must get stronger.’

At this moment,

Nami and Usopp were shaking while hiding behind the rock. 

“Damn it! Where are those idiots? Why haven’t they arrived? Liam will die at this rate.” Nami clenched her fists as she stood up. 

“I am not staying behind. I am going to help him even if I am weak and a coward.” Usopp also stood up as he positioned his slingshot. 

“Yeah! We can’t let him get hurt so much. We have to do something. I will attack with my stick while you give me a cover.” Nami spoke as she gripped her stick.

She was scared. Her legs were trembling. But when she saw Liam fighting so hard just so that he can get stronger, she realized something.

She also has a dream. She wants to go out into the sea and draw a chart of this world. If he can fight like that, why can’t she? 

Usopp was surprised by her words. Previously, she didn’t have the courage to fight them but now, she was trying to go in the front while those pirates are getting stronger.

Nami rushed toward Liam and stood beside him while holding the stick.

“What the hell are you doing here? Their strength has reached a whole new level.” Liam turned to the side and shouted at Nami.

“Don’t shout like that! My ears are going to fall off. Anyway, it’s not like you have any chance against them alone. So, I am here to help and Usopp will give me the cover.” Nami covered her ears and spoke with a carefree expression.

“Shooting Star!”

Usopp roared from behind as he shot a metallic stone that he had carried on his bag. It hit Sham who was just next to Nami. His claws would’ve injured her if Usopp hadn’t shot.

“Damn! I need to strike.” Liam took a step forward and thrust his fist. During this battle, he learned something. Whenever he exercised a lot, his body at one point gives up.

And, that’s because he has the option of giving up. He can’t push his body to the limits with such a mentality but right now, he doesn’t have that option.

His only option is to push his body beyond the limits constantly. That’s even though his arms felt like they will fall off any moment, he still continued to punch.

Bang!

His fist struck Buchi and sent him to the ground. But, he quickly got up and rushed toward Liam. After throwing a punch, Liam was having a hard time stabilizing himself.

When he saw Buchi coming toward him, he left his body into a state where he didn’t even need to think to dodge it. But, he immediately saw Sham slashing his claw at Nami once again.

Although Nami said that she will fight, she wasn’t strong enough to react against Sham whose strength has already expanded. And, Buchi’s fist was also heading toward her.

Thud! Bang! Splash!

Liam didn’t know why but at this moment, his body moved so fast that he managed to push Nami away but ended up getting punched in the face, and slash on his chest.

His legs trembled but didn’t fall. He was still standing. His hands were still clenched. He was still fighting against the pain and the injuries to land another punch but in the end, he couldn’t even lift his hand.

“Bastard, Die!”

Two of them immediately stepped forward and slashed their claws. But, at this moment, a sword and punch came from behind.

“Get the hell away from our friend!”

“Gomu-Gomu- Riffle”

“Three Swords Style- Onigiri!”

Bang! Splash!

Zoro slashed Buchi while Luffy punched Sham. This time, their strike was so powerful that both were not just injured but also lost their consciousness. 

Liam slowly turned around and his body finally relaxed. At this moment, that option which he previously didn’t have has open. His body finally fell toward the ground.

But, Luffy caught him immediately. Liam could see anger in Luffy’s eyes. Seeing this, Liam smiled and spoke.

“Captain……. I think…… I’ve gotten a little bit stronger….. I’ll leave the rest to you.”

Check out my Patreon to support me and read more chapters in advance
100