Eating in Baratie
2.7k 1 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Guys, we are finally here." Nami shouted from the deck. She was looking at the ship that was floating on the ocean with several people docking nearby to enter it.

"Are we finally here?" Luffy excitedly came out of the cabin and saw the restaurant. His eyes sparkled as if he hadn't eaten food for a long time.

Suddenly, Nami grabbed his face and said "You just ate half an hour ago. Don't forget, we are here to find a cook."

"Ahh! Nami, marines are here." Usopp suddenly screamed as they turned their heads at the marine ship passing next to them. At this moment, Johnny and Yosaku also walked out of the cabin.

Inside the cabin,

Zoro and Liam were lazily sitting around. Liam had just finished lunch and so it was his nap time and the same goes for Zoro.

Hearing some noise from outside, Liam opened his eyes and thought 'So, we have finally arrived. I guess I should leave it to Luffy. It's not like I can force him to join.'

Liam closed his eyes.

After an hour, Liam yawned as he slowly woke up. He looked around and saw Zoro sleeping soundly as usual. He raised his foot and kicked Zoro's butt.

"Hey, wake up! It's already evening."

"What did you…. Oh, I didn't realize I felt so long." Zoro was angry for a moment but when he completely digested Liam's words, he didn't get angry. After all, it was a bad thing to sleep till evening.

Liam stood up and walked out. But when Zoro saw through the door, he noticed something strange.

"If it is evening, why is the sun still so bright?" Zoro mumbled and finally realized.

"LIAM"

Zoro's roar shook the entire ship.

"What did you do to him?" Nami exhaustedly looked at him and asked.

"I kicked his butt." Liam snickered as he jumped down from the ship. After that, Usopp and Nami also jumped down. They were jumping on the small boat.

"Liam, you bastard. Where are you?" Zoro kept shouting on the deck when he didn't find Liam.

"Mossi-Mossi Zoro-Kun, we are leaving." Liam looked up and shouted from the boat.

"Damn you, don't you dare escape!" Zoro shouted and jumped directly into the tiny boat. But since it was tiny, it almost turned over.

Bam! Bam!

"Don't be so mindless about everything!" Nami roared as she clenched her fist. In front of her, Zoro and Liam were sitting ducks with a bump on their heads.

"Anyway, Luffy has gotten into trouble." Usopp looked at their misery and sighed. He explained everything that happened after Captain Full-Body arrived at Luffy injuring the head chef.

"Well, then we have to wait till our Captain convinces the head chef." Liam shrugged as shoulders and continued paddling.

"How can you be so sure?" Usopp looked at him and asked.

"Come on! This is Luffy we are talking about. Adventure is the most important part of his life after meat." Liam rolled his eyes and answered.

Three of them smirked as they continued paddling to the restaurant. After a while, they finally reached the reached restaurant and booked a table. They ordered some food and Liam started devouring it.

"You know, sometimes you eat as much as Luffy." Nami looked at Liam and spoke.

"Well, I need the energy to train after all." Liam answered and looked at Zoro.

"Does Booze really give enough energy to train?"

"What are you talking about? They give even more energy than food." Zoro rolled his eyes and answered.

Liam thought for a moment and shook his head. He had no intention of becoming an alcoholic like Zoro or Nami.

"You guys, you are eating without me."

A certain man interfered. Liam didn't even need to move his eyes to recognize this man.

"We heard that you will be working here for a year. Should we pull up the sails?" Nami looked at him and laughed.

"Hey, this is not fair. Let me eat as well." Unfortunately, Luffy didn't reply to her and chose to eat but Liam didn't let him.

"Captain, you are not a customer today. You need to do your job." Liam answered with his eyes closed while Luffy pulled out his booger and put it on the glass of water.

Liam picked up but he knew what was coming for him.

"Captain, drink your own booger!"

He grabbed Luffy and forced him to drink that glass of water. Soon, the laughter burst out as they attracted the attention of a certain young man.

The man wearing a black suit looked at their table and his eyes fell on Nami.

'Who is that beautiful angel?'

Liam didn't even need to think about the drama that was going to happen next. The perverted cook started teasing Nami while giving her all the free food. At the same time, Usopp picked a fight against Sanji but surprisingly, he asked Liam to take him down.

Liam couldn't help but involuntarily look at Sanji and smile. He continued eating food but his gaze made Sanji quite surprised. Even Zoro was surprised. He suddenly thought of the person that Liam was interested in and looked at Sanji.

'So, he is the person that Liam was talking about? I can feel that he is strong but something about him bothers me. It feels like….. Yeah, he a perverted cook.'

Zoro shook his head and continued his food.

"Mr. Cook, can you pack some more food for us?" Liam turned his head at Sanji and asked.

"How much?" Sanji asked.

"How about I let you decide that?"

Liam smiled and turned around "Ms. Navigator, can you go and ask Johnny and Yosaku to raise the sails. I don't think we will be sailing soon."

"Umm…. Alright!" Nami nodded her head and left.

Sanji left with Luffy to prepare some food for Liam. At this moment, Zoro looked at Liam and asked "She hasn't joined us, has she?"

Liam looked at him with surprise and asked "How did you know? Oh! I almost forgot that you have a keen perception. You must have noticed her movements."

"Nope, I noticed it through you." Zoro shook his head and continued "You know what is going on with her, don't you?"

Liam was a bit surprised as he asked "How?"

"It's obvious. From the moment we met, you called her Miss Navigator and even though Usopp joined us after her, you still called her Miss Navigator but didn't call him by other nicknames."

"Of course, I wasn't sure but now, when you talked to him, you called him Mr. Cook. If I am not wrong, he was the one you were talking about. You called both of them with the nickname meaning both of them haven't joined us yet."

Liam was surprised by Zoro's perception. He smiled and nodded his head "You are correct. I haven't called her Nami unless it is mistakenly spoken. She is still the part of another crew, well, not willing but still."

"So, do you think it is good to have her on our crew?" Zoro asked.

Liam smiled and shook his head "It is not for me to decide. It's the captain's decision. But personally, I think it is good to have her on our crew."

"Hey you two, are you talking about Nami? What's going on? What do you mean by she is from another crew?" Usopp who was silently listening to them finally couldn't bear it and asked.

"It's nothing. It's her personal problem and we can't get involved unless she wants us to. So, let's wait and see how it goes. As for that cook, it would be really good if Captain can recruit him." Liam smiled and answered.

"He is just a perverted cook." Usopp furiously shouted.

"He does look like a perverted cook to me." Zoro nodded his head and supported Usopp's decision.

Liam shrugged his shoulders and said "No one is perfect. You are too bad at the direction and you are too coward to fight. He falls in the perverted category."

"I am not." Both of them shouted with their face turning red with embarrassment.

"Haha! We'll see about that. Anyway, we are going to be in a trouble soon enough." Liam laughed and then pointed at Gin who was thrashed onto the floor.

"Do you know him?" Zoro asked.

"He is the top individual of Don Kris's pirate crew. Krieg isn't strong on his own but he has strong gold armor around his body with a lot of weapons including poisonous weapons. Currently, he ranks at the top ten of the strongest operating pirates in the East-Blue." Liam answered.

"Operating! You mean there are other pirates who are stronger but retired?" Usopp asked.

Liam nodded his head and said "There should be a lot of pirates. Not to mention, the head chef of this restaurant is also one of them. Well, none of that matters now. Let's finish eating and then we can start training."

Liam wasn't calm at this moment. He knew that man was slowly coming closer.

If you like the story, you can join Patreon to read chapters in advance.
99