Getting Eaten by a Plant
2.5k 3 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, it's not my fault that Usopp fell from my hands. I should be the winner." Zoro shouted at Liam who was bragging about his win.

"Can you not embarrass yourself anymore? If you win with Liam still lifting Nami-San, it would be a true embarrassment to even Marimos." Sanji spoke as he let out a big smirk.

"Shut up, perverted cook!" Zoro immediately threw his frustration at Sanji and both of them started bickering.

"Liam, you got to see this." Usopp shouted from a bit far. He was standing next to a big hole on that hill like a volcano.

Liam got curious and walked near Usopp. He also glanced at the pit and saw a giant plant in the middle. Seeing this, his eyes narrowed. It felt like the place where Usopp landed before time-skip.

But, he could clearly conclude that it wasn't this island. But, the planet in the middle of this island was almost the same as the whole plant island where Usopp went.

"I didn't expect this island to have this planet. If we fall, we might get consumed by the planet and never come out." Liam muttered as he analyzed the plant.

He picked up a rock and threw it at the plant. When the rock touched the plant, nothing happened.

"Are you sure? It didn't open its mouth." Usopp turned his head at Liam and asked.

Suddenly, Liam caught Usopp's hand and lifted him upside-down above the plant.

"Ahhhhhhh! L-l-l-liam… what are you doing?" Usopp screamed when he realized his own situation. Zoro and Sanji stopped bickering as they looked at Liam with confusion.

They knew he wasn't going to put Usopp's life at risk but then why did he do this? Nami was also confused.

Ckrwak!

Suddenly, the plant opened its mouth and sprung up. Liam pulled Usopp with all of his strength and managed to pull him away from the plant. It didn't manage to eat Usopp but it didn't immediately go down rather attacked Liam.

"Poitrine!"

Bang!

Whoosh!

"One Sword Style- Leopard Strike!"

Ka-cha!

One of the branches of the plant fell to the ground. Zoro landed a few steps away. Suddenly, he ducked as another branch passed by his previous position. But, before the plant could move further, another figure rushed toward it.

Liam clenched his fist and poured all of his strength at his fist. There was no holding back. He stomped on the ground and jumped. His body floated above the head of that plant and before it could open its mouth.

Bam!

Liam tightened his muscles and punched the plant with all his strength. The shrunk down for a moment but that punch didn't harm it much. So, it immediately countered with a branch that wrapped his wrist.

Ka-cha!

When it caught his wrist, Liam opened his mouth wide and bite the branch with all of his strength. Spinach! It was just like spinach. He simply chewed it.

But, it didn't end there. As soon as he got out of its grip, Liam caught its branch and used it to propel himself above the plant once again.

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!

His body started spinning around as his right leg changed into a nail. With a powerful force, he fell toward the plant

Ka-cha!

His toes pierced the plant because of his insane speed and force. Seeing this, Sanji who was waiting for his turn dropped the cigarette and muttered.

"Damn! He already got the basics?"

Actually, after Sanji joined while they were training, he asked Sanji about his Black Leg Martial Art. He wanted to learn some core understanding of this martial art.

As for basics, he already knew. He might not have watched One Piece 10 times without skipping several arcs but he still watched it 10 times even if it was by skipping.

But, there were things that he tried at home like Black Leg Martial Art, Three Swords Style, Fishman Karate, just for fun. He didn't expect that all those things that he did would come in handy.

But, Liam didn't stop there. When he kicked the plant, he used the force generated by his leg to somersault high in the sky. At this moment, he spread out both of his hands.

"No Sword Style"

"Great Paragon's Chop!'

Ka-cha!

"Damn, not mine too!" Zoro shouted when he saw Liam using No Sword Style. But unlike Sanji, Liam got a lot of time to train with swords. Even in the beginning, he was using the sword to train.

Although he didn't train to become a great swordsman, he did learn a few tricks especially the No Sword Style. This style allowed him to be more versatile with his fist alone.

Before, he couldn't cut with his arm. Even now, he can't cut properly with his arm. But, he can still inflict damage just like swords.

Whoosh! Whoosh!

Suddenly, the plant released two different vines at the same time. Liam managed to dodge one of them but the next one struck him on his chest. It was like a whip and really powerful.

Crack!

Just a single attack and he could feel his bones cracking.

"Gomu-Gomu No- Gatling!"

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Suddenly, a figure sprung into the sky and fell toward the plant. Luffy put all of his strength into his fists and launched a barrage of punches, each striking the plant with the force nearly five times more than Liam's punch.

The plant slowly started shrinking back to the pit but suddenly, it released dozens of vines toward Luffy. This caught Luffy off guard but just when it was about to wrap him, Liam pushed him away and got wrapped instead.

Whoosh!

In front of the eyes of straw hats, Liam got eaten by the plant and the plant returned to the pit. Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nami, and Usopp looked as if they have seen their family member dying.

But, suddenly, Zoro shouted.

"Luffy, jump!"

While shouting, Zoro jumped toward the pit without even hesitating for a second. Sanji did the same and Luffy also did the same. He stretched his legs as they caught his legs while he caught the side of the pit and slowly helped them reach the bottom.

The bottom was quite empty. Except for that plant, there was almost nothing around. And, the plant was in the middle.

"Bastard, give my friend back!"

"Gomu-Gomu No- Gattling!"

Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!

Luffy punched again and again but it didn't work at all. NO matter how many punches he used, it couldn't break the plant or even move it.

"One Sword Style"

"Leopard Strike"

Ka-cha!

Zoro's sword managed to pierce it a little bit but in an instant, the plant recovered. It didn't even leave a scar.

"Collier!" Bang!

"Epaule!" Bang!

"Cotellete!" Bang!

Strike after strike, Sanji also used all the attacks from his arsenal but it didn't manage to burst open the plant's belly.

"Luffy, DO SOMETHING!"

Nami shouted from the top of the pit. She was almost on the verge of crying. While everyone was feeling the loss, she was feeling a lot of it.

"Gomu-Gomu No- Pistol"

"Gomu-Gomu No- Spear"

"Gomu-Gomu No- Battle Axe"

"Gomu-Gomu No- Bazooka"

Luffy also used every attack on his arsenal but none of them work. Nami seeing this let out some droplets of tears. At this moment, Zoro suddenly turned at Luffy and shouted.

"Luffy, do that contraction! It increases your power by a lot."

Luffy hearing Zoro's words realized it as well. He instantly clenched his fist and started contracting his muscles. He walked closer to the plant. He knew he had to put all of his strength into this strike if he wants to help Liam get out of it.

After contracting a lot of his muscles, he started feeling pain. He gritted his teeth.

'No, it won't be enough. I need stronger power. I am going to get Liam out of this. No matter what it takes.'

Luffy kept on going until his arm contracted to the size of a baby's arm. It wasn't like baby Luffy which was the side effect of Gear Third. No, in fact, this was the true shape of the contraction.

Normally, the contraction is generally understood as the natural length of rubber but it is false. Even from that length, the rubber can still be contracted though it would be more difficult than stretching.

"GIVE MY FRIEND BACK!"

"Gomu-Gomu No- Retrieval Fist"

Bang! Crash! Crash! Crash! Crash!

The punch struck the plant so damn hard it managed to burst the plant into pieces. Inside the plant, it was all a green liquid. And on that green liquid, it was Liam.

He was barely able to open his eyes and for some reason, they see his body slowly losing its strength. They hurriedly rushed next to him. At this moment, Liam slowly opened his mouth. He had curled his body and between his hands, he was holding a fruit with a weird shape and color.

"C-c-c-a-ptain… look what I've found!"

81