Fighting Against Marines Part 1
2.5k 3 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is this the base?"

Thud!

Liam jumped down from the ship with his hands in his pocket. It was a small island with a marine building in the middle.

"I am surprised that marines didn't see when we came near. Are they planning on ambush?" Nami asked as she followed him.

"I don't care," Liam spoke. His tone was still filled with anger. He walked forward and Nami quietly followed him. Even she could tell that Liam was angry at this moment.

For some reason, she felt extremely happy. But suddenly, Liam caught her hand and pulled her.

Ka-cha!

A bullet passed by that exact position. Liam moved forward and kicked a small rock on the ground.

Bang!

The rock struck the marine's head and knocked him away. But at the same, other marines shot at him. Liam moved to the side as he dodged a few of those bullets but some of them still struck his skin.

He had already thrown Nami toward the barrel where she hid from the marines' range. As for Liam, he continued rushing toward those marines. When he came too close, those marines panicked.

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!

Liam spun with an extreme speed and kicked the neck of the marine near him.

"Coiler Strike!"

Bang!

The marine who got kicked pushed several marines behind him to the ground. Seeing this chance, Liam caught two riffles in his hand and rushed toward the marine who quickly got up.

Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!

He held the riffles from the top and smashed those marines with the back end. After finishing them, he threw the riffles at Nami and said "Don't hesitate to use them when you need them!"

Saying so, he continued to move forward.

Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!

At this moment, he could hear the people's footsteps coming toward him. He looked around and saw dozens of weapons scattered on the ground. It seemed like this room had stored quite a lot of weapons.

He put a club on his back, a knife on his right waist, a sword sheath on his left waist, two pistols on his legs, and held a spear in his hand. This was the first time he was trying so many weapons at once.

But, he felt like he could use all of them, not a master at them but use them against his enemies. He walked out of the room and moved toward those marines in front of him.

"Halt! How dare a pirate run rampage in Marine base?" A man's voice rang in his ears. Slowly, he lifted his eyes to that man. The man with the mustache just like a mouse's mustache.

Just seeing him made Liam's blood boil with anger. He didn't stop but instead increased his speed toward them.

"Damn you, pirate! Everyone fire!" The Marine Captain Nezumi instantly gave out the orders as his troops took the position and fired.

Liam took the spear to his left hand and lifted the club.

Ka-cha! Ka-cha! Ka-cha! Ka-cha! Ka-cha!

Using the giant size of the club, he managed to block the bullets aimed at his vital points. The moment they stopped, he threw the club up and jumped. He spun in the mid-air, generating a greater force on his foot, and kicked the club.

Bang!

It struck those marines at the front. Those marines took some time to reload but Liam was already prepared. With his back clear, he put the spear on his back and held the pistols with both of his hands.

Thud!

As soon as he landed on the ground, he started firing bullets at the remaining marines, making it harder for marines to retaliate. As soon as the bullets finished up, he threw those pistols at them as well.

"Hey, hey, w-w-w-who are you?" Nezumi finally started panicking when Liam reached in front of his troops. No, at this moment, Liam was already within his troop.

Splash!

Liam moved his spear and the tip of the spear pierced the stomach of the marine near him. Another marine used his rifle to strike him but Liam pulled his spear and struck that marine with the back end of the spear.

"Gah!"

The man fell back while coughing out blood. The spear struck his chest. But, it didn't stop there. After that marine collapsed, other marines stopped rushing at him.

"What are you idiots standing there for? Get him!"

Nezumi shouted when they didn't move. His legs were trembling after seeing Liam's strength. Since they stopped, Liam rushed toward Nezumi. The spear in his hand circled as he thrust the spear toward Nezumi.

"Stop!"

Suddenly, a roar came from behind. It made Liam pause his movement but the tip of the spear was at Nezumi's neck. He turned his head back and his eyes narrowed.

Behind him, a man wearing the marine t-shirt was holding Nami hostage. Not just that, there was a mark of a slap on her cheek.

"Put your weapon down or else"

That man touched her skin with his knife and the blood dropped down. At this moment, Liam instantly pushed his spear to the tip of spear Nezumi's throat.

Although he didn't push it all the way down, he did make Nezumi bleed.

"Did you forget that I am a pirate?" Liam asked.

Hearing his words, the man suddenly removed his knife but once again put it on her neck.

"Release him and I will release her." The man spoke with a serious expression. If something happens to Nezumi, he will be in deep trouble.

"Alright but you let her go first." Liam argued.

"No, you let him go first." The man immediately rejected Liam's idea.

"Let's drop our weapons at the same time." Liam spoke.

The man hesitated but eventually nodded his head.

"Three…. Two… One!"

Ding! Ding!

As soon as both of them dropped their weapons, Nami tried to strike him with her elbow but he easily blocked it the next moment, his eyes narrowed.

"Soru!"

His body vanished in front of Nami and appeared in front of Liam who was about to kick Nezumi.

"Tekkai!"

Bam!

His kick struck that man but that man easily blocked with his forearms. It didn't even make him retreat. Liam instantly rushed back and looked at that man.

"Navy Six Styles! You aren't part of this fort. Who are you?" Liam shouted.

"It seems you know something despite being one of the East Blue Trash. I thought taking her hostage would end it quickly but who would've thought that you were so decisive. Still, nothing has changed!"

The man cracked his knuckles. He was a bit weird because of his goatee. Basically, Liam has never seen a person like him in the story. It shocked him. After speaking to him, he instantly dashed toward Liam.

Seeing this, Liam's eyes narrowed. He quickly took moved his left arm and blocked the strike from that man. But the man with the goatee responded with another punch.

Bam!

The punch landed on Liam's gut. But, at the same time, Liam unsheathed his sword and slashed.

"Tekkai!"

The man instantly used Tekkai to block Liam's sword. It only managed to slightly pierce his hand and did nothing more. As the blood dropped from his arm, his legs slightly trembled.

But, the next moment, he smashed his fist on Liam's hand and forced him to drop the sword. Liam quickly retreated but the man followed it up with another punch to his gut.

But, it didn't end there. The man quickly raised his leg and struck his ribs.

Thud! Thud! Thud!

Liam crashed to the ground several meters away..

"Liam!" Nami screamed when she saw Liam getting beaten like that. But, her scream only made it worse. The man instantly turned his head at her and rushed toward her.

Whoosh! Splash!

At this moment, Liam suddenly got up and threw the last weapon of his arsenal. It was a knife. The knife pierced his stomach from the side, making it harder for that man to stand for a moment.

Splash! He instantly plugged out the knife and turned his head at Liam. He raised his arm to the side as Liam slammed a kick on his head. The man retreated several meters away from the Nami.

Liam walked in front of her and looked at the man. He raised his hands and wiped away the blood from his mouth. Then, he assumed a karate stance and spoke.

"Do you really think I would go down that easily?"

"The real battle starts now!"

74