Entering the Grandline
2.3k 7 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Liam, I need your help. This is bothering me too much." Nami shouted from the Cabin. At this moment, the sky was covered with dark clouds and the storm was making the sea go wild with rain.

But even so, Liam was training outside. This kind of condition would normally make the training more intense. But hearing Nami's words, he let down the weights and finally got inside.

He dried his body with the towel and walked closer to the table where everyone was gathered.

"So, what's the trouble?"

"I can't figure out the route to the Grandline. There is a giant Red Line further ahead of us and then we have Calm Belt to the side. How are we supposed to enter the Grandline?" Nami asked with a troubled expression.

"Nami, you need to understand one thing before we enter the Grandline." Liam said while walking toward the locker. He opened it and took out a small watch-shaped navigation tool.

There was a small needle inside it and it was covered with blue glass. He passed it to Nami.

"This is something I got from the marine base. They had a bunch of these. As I was saying before, you need to understand one major thing before we enter the Grandline, maybe two things."

"First, never doubt this new navigation tool. Second, never test this tool with your common sense. It is called Log Pose. You have seen Green Island, right? In the Grandline, almost every island will be just like Green Island."

"And, I didn't mean the exact island like that rather the condition of the island would be something that defies common sense. Each island would be the world of itself thus each island has a strong magnetic field."

"Log Pose's needle will point toward the nearest island and we need to go there and wait until the Log Pose resets. Only then do we move to the next island. So as a navigator, never doubt the Log Pose."

"Wow! Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!"

Hearing his words, Luffy excitedly clapped but he was clapping with his feet.

"There is nothing excited about that." Nami screamed at Luffy but unfortunately, she couldn't calm down his excitement. She sighed and looked at Liam.

"You still haven't told us. How can we go to the Grandline? You already know we can't go through Calm Belt, right?"

Liam nodded his head and pointed his finger at the middle of the Red Line.

"This is called Reverse Mountain. It has a total of five canals. Because the waves near the Grandline are too strong, we can climb the mountain through these canals and reach the fifth canal which will lead us to the Grandline."

"Are you serious? Liam, I don't mean to doubt you but how can a ship climb up in the mountain no matter how hard the waves might be." Zoro asked.

"Guys, I need a hand. These waves are too strong. I can not move the rudder."

Just before Liam could explain, Usopp shouted while trying to move the rudder. Liam then pointed his finger at Usopp and said.

"Sanji, help him!"

"Are the waves really that strong?" Sanji doubted as he tried to move the rudder but even with his strength, he couldn't move it properly.

Liam raised his head at Nami and said "We need your exception navigation skill here. The condition around the Red Line is usually extreme."

Nami took a deep breath and decided to trust Liam. She could also see the canals flowing up into the mountain but it sounded ridiculous that she didn't even say it.

But, she didn't expect it to be true. She quickly wore the raincoat and dashed out of the cabin but suddenly, she noticed that the dark cloud has disappeared. There was not a single drop of rain or anything.

Suddenly, the ship took a sharp turn toward the right which made everyone fall to the side.

"Nami, what happened? The rudder suddenly started working without any problem."

At this moment, Liam's and Nami's eyes widened.

"We entered the Calm Belt. Damn it!"

Liam hurriedly rushed outside but just when he was moving out, the ship started shaking a lot and slowly floated toward the sky.

At the same time, everyone came out of the cabin and the next moment, their expression changed. Everyone was horrified seeing the giant sea kings and didn't expect themselves to be at the top of the sea king.

"Is this what Liam said by not relying on common sense? How could such big giant sea kings even exist?" Zoro gritted his teeth and mumbled.

"We have to get out of this fast," Sanji responded while holding the ship.

Liam walked to the front of the ship and noticed the sea king moving its nose.

'Alright! This is still going to happen. Thank god!'

Liam waited while signaling everyone to shut up.

Achoo!

The sea king sneezed out so hard that their ship flew away.

"Ahhhhhh!" Suddenly, all of them heard the cry of Usopp and noticed him falling toward the mouth of another sea king.

"Usopp!" Luffy stretched out his arm and caught Usopp. Their ship flew above that sea king and landed on the edge of the Calm Belt. Liam and Zoro immediately started paddling until they reached away from the Calm Belt.

"What kind of place was that?" Zoro asked while panting. They barely managed to escape the nest of the sea kings.

"It's called Calm Belt. Grandline is a sea that divides the other seas from meeting each other just like Red Line. While Red Line is a mount, Grandline is a sea so it had two layers on each side to separate it from the rest of the other seas."

"This is only possible thanks to the Calm Belts. Calm Belts are the seas without any wind. A sailing ship can't move in the Calm Belt. And, even if some wants to paddle it, it wouldn't be possible since it is also the rest of the biggest sea kings."

"This is why the only way to reach the Grandline is this mountain. Am I wrong, Liam?" Nami explained.

"You are correct. Anyway, thankfully we were lucky that sea king sneezed, or else, we would be the food for those sea kings." Liam slowly stood up after panting.

The rain had already started and the storm was going stronger.

"Sanji, Usopp, quickly adjust the rudder toward the right. Liam, Zoro, control sails. We will crash into the mountain if we do not stick to the proper path." Nami shouted.

Liam and Zoro hurriedly controlled the second sail. While the main sail was for movement, the second sail could be used for control. At the same time, Sanji and Usopp started turning the rudder to the right.

Nami used her binoculars to properly see the situation.

Crack!

But, suddenly, the rudder cracked.

"The rudder is broken," Sanji shouted from the cabin.

"Damn it! We are going to crash. The Red Line is just in front of us." Nami shouted.

"We are not going to crash," Luffy shouted and jumped. He instantly used Gomu-Gomu No- Ballon and slowly pushed the ship into the right track.

"Luffy!"

Liam and Zoro shouted at the same time. Luffy lets out the air from his body and stretches both of his hands, catching Liam's and Zoro's hands.

Bam!

Three of them got smashed into the wall but they didn't care. They quickly got up and rushed toward the front. The ship moved at a rapid pace, toward the top of the mountain.

"We did it!"

Everyone shouted when they saw the ship finally moving at the top.

"Guys, we haven't done the ceremony even though we are already at the Grandline," Liam spoke as he took out a barrel.

"Ahhh yes, let's do it." Luffy excitedly walked near it. Everyone gathered around the barrel.

"I want to find the All Blue." The first one was Sanji as he placed his foot on the barrel.

"I want to become the world's greatest swordsman." Zoro said.

"I want to draw the map of the world." Nami smiled as she spoke.

"I want to become the King of Pirates." Luffy spoke.

"I-I-I I WANT TO BECOME THE BRAVE WARRIOR OF THE SEA."

Finally, Liam raised his leg and put it on the barrel. Everyone looked at him and he looked at them with a smile.

"I WANT TO GO ON THE GREATEST ADVENTURE OF ALL TIME."

Bang!

"Let's go!" The barrel broke as everyone shouted with excitement.

Check out Ten Chapters in Patreons. Yes, ten advance chapters
69