Testing Vivi
1.7k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After hearing his full story, Vivi bit her lips with a conflicted expression.

Blame Liam? She can't blame him. After all, what he did was for her and Alabasta. But, this did make things hasty. She was now even more anxious.

Seeing her expression, Nami wanted to comfort her but Liam stopped her and shook his head.

At this moment, he wanted Vivi to make a proper decision by herself. Whether that decision would be good or bad. He doesn't care. He just wants her opinion.

Vivi clenched her fists. She stood up and looked at Luffy. Although Luffy acted easygoing, she knew Luffy was a captain. The entire crew has fully accepted him as a captain.

So, she knew she must ask him. She bowed her head in front of Luffy and asked "Will you please help me defeat Crocodile?"

For a princess to bow her head to a pirate was something she never thought she would do. But it was for her kingdom. She had seen Luffy's strength. She had seen Liam's intelligence and confidence.

Although she still hasn't seen their full strength, she had no choice but to put her trust in them.

At this moment, Luffy slowly raised his hat and put it on her head.

"You are my friend. So, of course, I will."

Hearing his words, everyone slowly let out a smile. Vivi didn't start crying but her eyes did turn red.

At this moment, Nami reached near her and patted her shoulder.

"Don't worry, even if he is a warlord, we will help you free your kingdom."

Vivi nodded her head and Nami picked up the hat from her head.

"This is captain's treasure. So, it would be better if it remains with him."

Vivi nodded her head. She didn't know why it was his treasure but now, knowing this, she felt incredibly happy.

"Alright, let's go straight to Alabasta!" Nami clenched her fist as she turned around and took out the Eternal Pose but her breathing got a bit hotter and she felt the world spinning in front of her.

Thud!

"Nami!"

...........

A few minutes later, Nami opened her eyes and looked at the ceiling.

"Nami, you are finally awake." Vivi jumped near her when she saw Nami slowly getting up.

"Don't get up right now! You are sick. You should take some rest." Vivi called out to her.

Nami shook her head and said "I am not sick. Besides we are in hurry. If we don't reach your home soon, it will be extremely bad for you."

She slowly got up and walked out while Vivi tried to stop her but couldn't succeed.

When Nami reached outside, her skin tingled a bit. She realized the wind flowed and her eyes widened.

"Everyone, move the ship to the right." Nami shouted.

"Huh! Why? Aren't we going in the correct direction?" Usopp asked with confusion. He didn't feel any change like Nami did.

"Just do it!" Nami shouted but her voice was a bit down on power. Soon, her breathing all got heavier. Her legs trembled but Vivi quickly caught her.

At this moment, the ship was already moving to the right thanks to others.. Soon after a few minutes, they saw a massive hurricane at the place where their ship was hiding.

Vivi seeing this widened her eyes. She looked at Nami.

'She isn't even in the condition to walk. She didn't even look at her chart. It felt like she predicted the weather by feeling it.'

Suddenly, her expression got hesitant.

'Her condition is worsening. If we go on like this, she might even die. Without her, the ship won't be able to properly move. But with her navigation skill, we might reach Alabasta faster.'

'That means we must cure her.'

Vivi took a deep breath and looked at the others. They were also looking at Vivi and Nami.

"Everyone, my kingdom is in severe danger and if we don't reach there in time, millions of people will die."

Hearing her words, except for Liam who wasn't there, everyone made serious expressions but nobody spoke a single word. They simply looked at her.

Vivi slowly raised her head and clenched her fist.

"So, we must find a doctor to cure Nami. Only then we can go at our fastest speed, right?"

When she asked that question, everyone smiled and Luffy spoke.

"Of course, that's our fastest speed."

"But, are you sure? Your kingdom is in deep trouble?" Usopp looked at her and asked.

Vivi nodded her head. At this moment, a figure landed next to them. That figure was none other than Liam. When they saw Liam, Vivi asked.

"Were you testing me?"

Liam nodded his head and said, "Someone who doesn't even care about their friends shouldn't ask for others' help."

Vivi bit her lips and lowered her head. She didn't do it to pass the test. She simply said that because she didn't want Nami to die. Although she has been on this crew for a few days, she has grown to be attached to them.

"Don't worry, we will reach Alabasta on time. The next island after this should be Drum Island. If the information I got isn't wrong, that island has a mysterious lady who has been living for almost 140 years."

"What????"

Everyone looked at him with shock. Although living longer than average wasn't much of a problem for the people of the One Piece world, 140 was still a lot.

"What does that got to with Nami?" Usopp asked. He didn't even think of 140 years old woman curing Nami.

"Well, she is probably one of the best doctors in the entire world. She will be able to cure Nami but from what I've heard, she is a bit hard-headed. If Nami is suffering from the diseases that I know, it would take five more days for her to recover. And, she won't let her patient leave without fully curing them."

When Liam said that, Vivi's eyes darkened. Everyone got silent for a moment until Luffy slowly smiled and asked.

"Liam, you have a way, right?"

Liam was surprised when Luffy was the one to ask this question. At this moment, Luffy spoke.

"Zoro is a swordsman. Nami is a navigator. Usopp is a sniper. Sanji is a cook. And, you are a resourceful guy. Then, you must have a way, right?"

Seeing that Luffy wasn't including her, Valentine got a bit sad but she didn't show it on her face.

Liam slowly let out a big smile and said "You understand me, captain."

He looked at others and continued "Although she won't let us leave until Nami is cured, there is a way to leave. She got an apprentice. I don't know much about that apprentice. Heck! I don't even know if the sources are true."

"But, if they are, then we can leave if we simply recruit him. After all, we need a doctor in a long run. Remember what I told you a few days ago, Luffy?"

Luffy directly shook his head without even thinking about it.

Liam got speechless but still decided to make him remember.

"I asked you that I can rely on and you said yes. Well, I was talking about this. Even if Nami wasn't sick, I was still planning on going there. After all, the future journey will be even more dangerous."

"We need a doctor. Although we aren't sure if she got an apprentice or not, we can still try, isn't that right?"

Luffy didn't answer that while everyone else nodded their heads. After a while, he looked at Liam and asked "Why can't we invite that old lady?"

Thud!

When he asked that question, everyone fell to the floor. Liam helplessly looked at him and spoke.

"Luffy, she is already 140 years old."

Luffy tilted his head and asked, "Does age has anything to do with being a pirate?"

At this moment, everyone opened their mouth to scold Luffy but the word didn't come out of their mouth. They couldn't refute Luffy.

Liam shook his head and said "Luffy, just like Crocus-san, the old people do not want to go on an adventure. The old people have already finished their journey. The new era will be carried by young people. This is why we call it the Golden Age of Pirates."

Luffy didn't understand it so he turned around and went to stay at the top of Merry's head.

Liam sighed and looked at Vivi.

"Take Nami inside. I will help with Navigation."

Vivi nodded her head and took Nami inside.

"Alright everyone, let's do our best to reach the next island as soon as possible." Liam looked at others and shouted.

"Aye-Aye Vice-Captain!" Sanji and Usopp raised their hands and shouted while giggling at the same time.

"Come on, guys! Be serious. We have to reach the next island as soon as possible." Liam spoke.

"Huh! It's snowing. Liam, are we going in the right direction?" Luffy found the snow falling on his lap and turned his head.

"Yes"

64