Usopp’s Bravery
1.6k 5 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing his words, Vivi couldn't reply. Dalton pulled her behind and looked at Usopp, asking.

"So, do you want our kingdom to fall under your crew?"

Usopp shook his head and said, "That's not my decision and besides, we can't even protect ourselves, how can we take the kingdom under us and slap the face of world government."

"Sorry for shouting at you. I was only frustrated by seeing how a pirate is trying to rule over the kingdom. Of course, a pirate wouldn't drop the anchor at one place but he will definitely take away everything from you."

"The same thing happened to my village. If it wasn't for Luffy and others, my village would've been looted by the pirates. Dalton-san, those doctors were your kingdom's resources and now they are gone. Isn't that the same as looting your kingdom?"

"And, Vivi, if crocodile succeeds then he will also get what he wants and leave. The world government isn't going to do anything against these special pirates. One is a king and another is a pirate recognized by the world government."

Vivi bit her lips and asked, "Usopp-san, what are you trying to say?"

She was confused. She did feel like Usopp was trying to get her kingdom under the straw hats flag but Usopp was constantly declining it. So, she didn't have a single clue what he actually meant.

"What I meant is that only pirates can fight against the pirate." Usopp smiled and turned his head at Dalton.

"Dalton-san, I will help you fight against those pirates."

Hearing his words, Dalton's eyes widened as he quickly shook his head and said "I understand your goodwill but if you fight against him, you would be declaring war against the world government."

"Usopp-san, aren't you afraid? They have hundreds of people under them." Vivi was surprised when Usopp volunteered for the battle. After all, she had been with Usopp for a while now.

She knew Usopp gets scared too quickly. Even though he does show his courage in desperate times as he did in Little Garden, he isn't a person who takes the step forward.

Usopp lowered his head and gripped his slingshot.

"Vivi, I told you that my village was saved by Luffy and others, right? Well, you don't know the full story.... When we were fighting against them, Luffy and Zoro didn't reach the battlefield because they were lost."

"Nami and I were too scared to fight even though it was my own village that I needed to protect. But, there was Liam with us. At that time, he was only a bit stronger than me."

"But even so, he didn't hesitate to take on all the pirates by himself. Was it because he was stronger than them? No! They even had hypnosis that increased their powers but Liam didn't stop fighting."

Usopp clenched his fist even more and continued "He fought for the village that he didn't even know. He fought against the stronger opponent without even caring about his own injuries."

"At that time, I realized why he got stronger while I didn't. I was too scared to fight. I had no courage to stand against those pirates but I didn't want to become a courageless pirate. My dream is to become a brave warrior of the sea."

"And, Liam is the brave warrior whom I want to chase. I want to become a brave warrior like him. This is why I will fight."

Usopp turned his head at Dalton and said "Dalton-san if Wapol and his crew truly come here, I will fight alongside you."

Dalton sighed and said, "I hope he doesn't return."

But at this moment, a man came running toward him and shouted.

"Dalton-San, VAPOL AND HIS SOLDIERS ARE COMING."

Hearing his words, all three of them were stunned. Dalton narrowed his eyes and rushed toward his boar. He jumped on top of it and dashed toward the shore without even waiting for Usopp.

"Damn it, why did he go alone?" Usopp clenched his fist and just when he was about to leave, Vivi stopped him and said.

"Usopp-san, maybe we should wait until others arrive. We still don't know their strength. You could be seriously injured."

Usopp shook his head and said "I am not going to stop this time. Vivi, help me with something instead. Go and find Zoro. Even if I fail, he can stop them."

Vivi finally let go of his hands and ran in the same direction but as they move, they separate their direction. Usopp followed the footprint of the boar while Vivi simply followed the general direction.

While running toward Wapol's direction, Usopp put his hand on the bag. He was checking his ammo. After all, this was the first big fight he was taking initiative on.

He took out a gun with its sheath and attached it o his leg. The gun wasn't special but the bullet was. It was specially made for devil fruit ability users. When he was running toward Wapol, he noticed dozens of people following him.

They were holding weapons as they ran. Usopp didn't stop them but rather kept his speed. As he moved, he saw Dalton transforming into a monster. Dalton was quite capable of holding against the soldiers he quickly noticed the strange man with bow and arrow pointing at him or rather the crowd.

His eyes widened as he quickly looked at Dalton and shouted.

"Dalton-san, I will protect them. You just focus on beating those guys."

The man with the bow also heard him. He got infuriated and shot five arrows at the same time. Dalton was about to make a move but when seeing Usopp preparing his own attack, he calmed down and moved his club against the Wapol's soldier.

"Exploding Star!"

Usopp launched his attack as a small bomb flew toward the arrows and collided.

Boom!

As its name suggested, the bomb exploded upon coming in contact with a single arrow. The power of the explosion wasn't huge but it managed to take down those arrows with ease.

"Bastard, you are one of them, aren't you? How dare you obstruct our way." The man with the arrows recognized Usopp who was hiding away during their last encounter.

He didn't expect this man to possess such ability. But before he made any shot, another man with an afro on his head produced some black moss and threw them at Usopp.

When the moss passed through the flames of the explosion, it started burning. For a moment, it turned into a fireball.

Usopp quickly took out another ammo from his bag and shot.

"Capturing Star"

When the ammo shot out, it opened and released a massive net. It wasn't a metal net but when it came in contact with the fireball, it didn't get burned as well.

It was made out of special leather that doesn't burn quickly but is very stretchable. That's how he was able to put inside a small ball.

Usopp wasted no time and put a bunch of shurikens in his sling and shot them toward those two men.

Splash! Splash! Splash!

Suddenly, those two pulled the soldiers behind them and forced them to bear the attack from those shurikens. Those shurikens pierced those soldiers but seeing this, Usopp bit his lips.

He didn't expect them to be so cruel. When he thought about it, he compared his own crew to others. It felt like his crew was truly unique because his crew wasn't like a pirate crew but more like a family with dreams.

Suddenly, the land beneath them started shaking. It shook so violently that everyone stopped fighting and turned their heads toward the mountain. They saw a large part of snow sliding from the mountain.

"Avalanche! Everyone, hold on to something!" Dalton roared as the avalanche slowly approached them. At this moment, Usopp's eyes widened.

'Wait, if the avalanche is coming at this moment, doesn't that mean Luffy and others are on the way to Avalanche? Damn it! Nami is still sick. If she gets hit by the Avalanche, she would be done for.'

'No, no, I shouldn't be so negative about it. Luffy will definitely save Nami. First, I need to save myself.' Usopp ran toward the rock nearby and held it while the large snow rolled down the mountain and covered them.

At this moment, a certain man who was walking on the snow with a bare chest couldn't help but bear the entire avalanche by his body. The green head got buried under the snow.

On other hand, Luffy and his group were also struggling. Luffy found a tree and jumped on top of it with Liam and Sanji. They managed to save themselves from the avalanche but it also forced them away from the mountain.

And, at this moment, Sanji almost got knocked down by the snow bear and tree to protect Nami. Liam managed to help him but he actually made it worse because he couldn't save Sanji and both of them ended up suffering from the avalanche.

The worse fear in Liam's heart came true.

Now, only Luffy was standing while three of them were knocked down.

59